New cables, more boards (2011-04-15)

How is it that you seem to have no idea of any sort of numbers.

Now I dont think the above question deserved the usual reply

I seem to get on these forums.

I ordered my Pandora in July 2009.

I gave up emailing Jackie.. as I always got the two

months reply.

There are a few members here who think they own the forum

(I do not mean The Pandora People)

but there are others who bash everybody if they ask anyhing about production numbers

At the moment status pages are been turned into pages of total nonsense.

Some of you people who have Pandoras seem to treat people who ask the question WHEN?..

like it was a dirty word.

I really want this machine as I started computing with a zx81 through the Spectrum several Amigas

Androids Gp2xs 2 wIz so you know I am a genuine enthuasist.

I never wanted to ask these questions but I cannot see any timeline at all.

Evil dragon I apologize if you think I am been unreasonable but I know how much work you and the gang have done.

Will we get a Pandora this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm open for any help with that.

Well, one thing you could do to improve the news is get a bunch of poker chips and every time a Pandora is completed for shipping throw a chip in the bucket. The first and fifteenth of each month:

Weigh the bucket with the chips

Subtract weight of bucket

Divide by the weight of the chips

Empty the bucket and start again.

Post that number on the status page as approximate shipments in last two weeks or month, whatever...or don't...

It would be nice to know "the first is official having news/numbers day" and every other day is "having everyone who wants news/numbers shut the hell up day".

I beame tired of waiting to, so i upgraded to premium. ;)

Everyone around 2500 move one space forward in the queue, oh and craig and ed, have a beer on me ;)

this is typical of the rubbish people post on these forums (I mean the poker chip guy)

its not even funny. What's with the far out stories that nobody wants to read here

All the people who have paid and have not received their pandoras are tried of these metaphoric crap.

I'm open for any help with that.

Well, one thing you could do to improve the news is get a bunch of poker chips and every time a Pandora is completed for shipping throw a chip in the bucket. The first and fifteenth of each month:

Weigh the bucket with the chips

Subtract weight of bucket

Divide by the weight of the chips

Empty the bucket and start again.

Post that number on the status page as approximate shipments in last two weeks or month, whatever...or don't...

It would be nice to know "the first is official having news/numbers day" and every other day is "having everyone who wants news/numbers shut the hell up day".

I don't think this is the worst idea ever...lets simple it up a bit

get 200 chips and 2 buckets. move a chip from bucket 1 to bucket 2 when boxing a pandora. when bucket 1 is empty, add 200 to 'current status' page and dump bucket 2 into bucket 1.

Let's simplify even more the system!

Let's just wait for our pandoras quietly
wink.gif

They are producing them, we will get ours soon.

I'm a late first batcher, November 09 at ED's store, so I'll probably be still waiting when you'll get yours.

All this talk of chips and buckets is making me hungry. Time to visit the Colonel.

(Another useless post)

Let's simplify even more the system!

Let's just wait for our pandoras quietly
wink.gif

They are producing them, we will get ours soon.

I'm a late first batcher, November 09 at ED's store, so I'll probably be still waiting when you'll get yours.

Let's simplify the system even more and wait for random intervals, but once that interval is over form into a mob and keep going *rabble rabble* while hopping up and down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fEjJ4Ecy9Q

Also, ED gets a fancy Zorro style hat.

There's no way this plan can fail.

hard to beleive that accounting software cant spit out numbers.

They can. But I mentioned multiple times: I've got a few thousand other orders as well since the Pandora started, and delivered orders all have the status "Complete".

So I'd need to manually go through all these complete orders to find out which one was a Pandora and which not.

Let's simplify the system even more and wait for random intervals, but once that interval is over form into a mob and keep going *rabble rabble* while hopping up and down.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9fEjJ4Ecy9Q

Also, ED gets a fancy Zorro style hat.

There's no way this plan can fail.
Mhhhh, looks like your way of doing things is already working, but the interval between the *rabble rabble* is a bit too short
laugh.gif

They can. But I mentioned multiple times: I've got a few thousand other orders as well since the Pandora started, and delivered orders all have the status "Complete".

So I'd need to manually go through all these complete orders to find out which one was a Pandora and which not.
Please don't! ;-)

Maybe an additional field in the records needed.

(Only the complete orders that billed over the price of a pandora, if that helps)

It's hard when you want to assemble a lot of Pandora's but somebody forgot to send the right bits and pieces....

But updating the status page, just with a weekly number of Pandora's (completed cars leaving the factory to stay in analogy) shipped that week, (watch the magic word:) please?

suggestion:

every monday, OPT should update the situation

New units shipped last week (excl. RMAs): xxxxx

Total shipped to customers (excl. RMAs): xxxxx

Orders to fulfill: xxxxx

+1 Yes this would shut everyone up. They should only tell people completed units sent out week by week and how many left to fulfill, the other things don't matter, its only when a unit is shipped to a customer that we move up in the queue. Doesn't matter if CC sent out 100 boards or 1000 a completed and shipped out unit is all that matters.

However it doesn't happen, the only reason I can think of why they don't do this is because they can't, their admin side of things sucks. I would hate to think how they cope when tax time comes up, they don't seem to know exactly how many units they have sold.

It's a full month now without an official update (a new record by my reckoning), craigix's twitter is nearly silent and the stalker is a waste of time.

Give us something EvilDragon, please? The natives are getting restless.

Oh, and before the "shut up and wait" crowd chimes in... one update a month is not unreasonable, so just stop right there.

I can't update the website, but there isn't much to say, we're building and shipping units. There is no drama, nothing major to report.

I can't update the website, but there isn't much to say, we're building and shipping units. There is no drama, nothing major to report.
Is batch 2 begin to ship?

We're working in parallel to make it happen maybe before batch1 is complete (don't worry, no batch2 units will ship 'first') as we know there will be a month or so of work to finish up batch1 soon, ie all the boards with slight faults will need to have time consuming work both here and at CC, also making sure we use up all parts, total up totally unrecoverable units etc.

Back