New Blog Post!

As I'm reading it, the silk screened cases are only a few samples being sent to MWeston. The factory is still trying to get it right, but it's not quite there yet so it won't be used on the first 1,000 (perhaps not in the first batch at all).

Gruso said:
As I'm reading it, the silk screened cases are only a few samples being sent to MWeston. The factory is still trying to get it right, but it's not quite there yet so it won't be used on the first 1,000 (perhaps not in the first batch at all).

Given ED's tweet (http://twitter.com/EvilDragon1717/statuses/12227075932) and what MWeston has said about a package arriving tomorrow. I would think and hope that they'll wait on MWeston's opinion tomorrow before saying whether it's worth a few days delay.

Visually, they look very good. If it's quality then it's worth waiting for. We don't know how long it'll take for the other parts to arrive and unpack etc. too.

Edit: Misread what you said. I thought you were talking about paint and not silk screening. Although I believe that one too, is still up in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
Please let it be the entire batch... Or make it 1001 cases without silk screen :unsure:

Nation.A.List said:
rabidpoobear said:
<snip>...... i don't want no sticky keys.
So you do want sticky keys ........... strange, but apparently true
I want sticky keys as well. How else are you supposed to hit the more difficult key combos? If I hit shift and release it, it should remember that I was pushing shift so my next key stroke is upper case! It'll be a nightmare trying to make an upper case S, or a { or } without it!

WizardStan said:
Nation.A.List said:
rabidpoobear said:
I want sticky keys as well. How else are you supposed to hit the more difficult key combos? If I hit shift and release it, it should remember that I was pushing shift so my next key stroke is upper case! It'll be a nightmare trying to make an upper case S, or a { or } without it!
sticky keys, that's where it remembers shift for one key stroke right?

How about use the hold down for the alternate keystroke I'm getting very used to it on my virtual keyboard on my phone. Hold down w key for a second to get a 2, e for 3. Or whatever the pandora keyboard equalivent would be. Or is that actually sticky keys?

WizardStan said:
Nation.A.List said:
rabidpoobear said:
I want sticky keys as well. How else are you supposed to hit the more difficult key combos?
You practice a lot of Guitar Hero and grow a sixth finger on one hand.

Ok so from the latest blog post the first 700 boards were already in transit to the uk and not shipped to turkey as planned and that was of the 13th april ,from craig's latest post today regarding delivery of boards he say's (I thought they were on a direct flight from Dallas to UK, but it seems not.)Is it time for another blog post ? what has happend to the 700 boards and do OPT know the status of the cases,painted or not as the last blog would indicate the cases should now be in transit to the uk if not painted but with current travel problems with this stupid volcano we can expect the cases to get painted lol while they wait again ,dam the case company are getting it very easy.

Also i would like to mention that when silkscreening was not going to be done many were not exactly happy but agree to getthe cases out quick ,now with all this crap going on ,i ask OPT can we get the silkscreen or is there no chance ,and i know some now don't want silkscreen but i really do want it.

Paddy

lol, well when craig gives a vague post like the one he did ,you can only imagine that he really doesn't know where the cases are ,does he ? error fixed.Ohh and we all know the plane downed over the volcano ,OPT are just waiting to sum up into words how this could have happened.

This is from another thread, but it seems relevant to paste it in here, as it relates to the status of the parts that are in transit, which has been asked about here.

EvilDragon said:
kingoddball said:
I don't think the volcano cutting off air traffic has too much to do with it.

Craig mentioned that the boards should have been in the air, but were not.
The cases were not sent when they were supposed to be (prior to the volcano).

Edit:
It could not mean that they did not ship - but it's vague, I'll take it as they're still in Dallas.

craigix said:
NightArck said:
From what I understood the parts heading from the US to England were already in air before the volcano erupted, did they make it?

I thought they were on a direct flight from Dallas to UK, but it seems not.

The boards, LCDs, etc. were all picked up by UPS a while ago but looks like they didn't make it to UK before the volcano eruption.
UPS is currently sorting out everything (you can imagine this caused a bit of chaos), the current receiving time is therefore unknown (at least for the next few days).

The cases are produced, now they are getting painted and then shipped.
Hopefully the volcano chaos is over until then so that the shipment will be quick.

paddy said:
lol, well when craig gives a vague post like the one he did
When Craig says something vague, he is speaking a way that is perfectly normal for him. :p
When he explicitly says something, direct to the question asked, without any room for suspicion, THAT's the time to get paranoid.

Back