New Blog Post!

On the one hand I can understand anyone complaining about more delays on the other hand:
I have invested my money in the Pandora, if I got the Pandora this month I would not get my money back (obviously), but at the same time I also would not instantly make money with it. So regardless of the Pandora shipping my money is gone. So everyone who complains about money being their reason for considering to cancel now cannot be too honest about this...

Also I have not set myself a definite date on which I get my Pandora, so I will be happy when I finally get it, but I don't sit at home and think "I will get my Pandora this month, teehee" then read the blog post and thing "Ah, damn!".

I will wait as long as it takes! It's a gorgeous device and it takes its time to build.
I congratulate the whole team for their effort and patience, keep it up guys, I will be waiting until I finally get it!

foxblock out

foxblock said:
On the one hand I can understand anyone complaining about more delays on the other hand:
I have invested my money in the Pandora, if I got the Pandora this month I would not get my money back (obviously), but at the same time I also would not instantly make money with it. So regardless of the Pandora shipping my money is gone. So everyone who complains about money being their reason for considering to cancel now cannot be too honest about this...

Also I have not set myself a definite date on which I get my Pandora, so I will be happy when I finally get it, but I don't sit at home and think "I will get my Pandora this month, teehee" then read the blog post and thing "Ah, damn!".

I will wait as long as it takes! It's a gorgeous device and it takes its time to build.
I congratulate the whole team for their effort and patience, keep it up guys, I will be waiting until I finally get it!

foxblock out

@foxblock: want to buy some magic beans?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe always funny, oh no look at those spots on the lid they are all grey and stuf ohnoes this can't be. OP team we've found a solution to the spots on the lid it's called paint. Oh no, please don't use paint it'll take a week extra and it's Paint it can come off! Maybe if we use the right solvent to clean the pandora we can even see the spots on the lid again.

Same story for the wifi, wifi isn't quite working. Ohnoes this is unacceptable 5kb/s thats back to 1992! Oh so we looked and looked and finally found a solution but it'll take modding to fix it and that takes time. Ohnoes this is unacceptable we dont want you to use up more time, please OP team do everything perfect and listen to all our complains but dont take time to solve it because we can't deal with extra time!

my patience is about to run out... I will take this week and consider carefully if it ain't time for a refund.

Ill wait. For that Ill get a perfect Pandora with a case at least good as the one of the DS or similiar, Wifi fixed - 4Mbit/s for internet etc, instead of a stupid stick - and more matured software.

Trying to see the positive out of it. And the delays are not because the team sits around lazy, they appear because anything can happen. Important for me is that theres a steady progress in development.

r00tw00t said:
my patience is about to run out... I will take this week and consider carefully if it ain't time for a refund.

I'm done, this is the final straw for me. I'm sick of the delays and sick of the delays being spun as good news. One more queue space opening up.

I am not a big fan of the paint in the first place, but I think that even most of the people who LIKE it will agree that it is not worth an extra month or two of delays.

OpenPandora team, you should just ship these first 1000 unpainted, just get them out there. If anyone has a problem with that, tell them that they can give up their place and be in the next 3000 instead.

I am not happy about this, not at all.

I have mixed emotions about this. I am happy about the WiFi and I am disappointed but not upset about the case. However, I am worried that the approval of this could drag on 2 months again.

I am confused by the whole Turkey thing, how will this save any time at all? I thought that it could easily be handled during production, correct?

I think that auctioning the Pink case before the first batch is complete - as in all 4000 SHIPPED, would be a far better idea. I am 3800+ in the queue and it now looks like I will be lucky to see my Christmas purchase in time for my birthday in August at this point and seeing someone snag this before my order is shipped would annoy me somewhat.

I am still convinced that this will be a nice device when I eventually get it.

Well, I saw this coming. It hasn't been the first delay and it certainly won't be the last either. It still stand by my guess that the earliest time possible is June. I certainly won't be surprised if they don't even make that.

BDB66 said:
I am confused by the whole Turkey thing, how will this save any time at all? I thought that it could easily be handled during production, correct?

I was under the same impression and as perplexed by this move. Do they even have the money to pay for the shipping and labor? Maybe thats an insignificant question, but its one of the first that popped up when I read about this.

Caine said:
I still stand by my guess that the earliest time possible is June.
How many months from now is that? Help me out here, I'm having momentary difficulty with math for some reason... must be some kind of allergic reaction...

notaz said:
I heard the painting decision hasn't been made yet.

That is the best news of the night (early morning?).

We should get a thread started with a vote...

Another case test???? Then PLEASE send someone in China to do the test, and PLEASE start producing those fucking cases :angry:

Oscaruzzo said:
Another case test???? Then PLEASE send someone in China to do the test, and PLEASE start producing those fucking cases :angry:

They are sending Faith.

notaz said:
I heard the painting decision hasn't been made yet.
Of course, it can't be made until yet another case makes its way to Michael for approval...

I wish they would just make it right now, say "no", and ship as quickly as possible... anyone who has a problem with that can wait for the next shipment.

I'm going on holiday at the end of May. </cliché>

It's my first holiday in a long time. There are people here where who weren't born the last time I had a holiday. Last night I ordered a SmartQ V5. I worried that it may be a complete waste of money as my Pandora might just be with me before I leave. Imagine my delight to discover that there's another delay! I feel justified, vindicated etc. Thanks OP!

Back