My Pandora Arrived! Quick Picture. :)

YOU LIKE ICE CREAM! YOU LIKE ICE CREAM! YOU LOVE IT!

I still can't believe this was meant to be a show for children...

x68000 said:
Try and get a unit out to Ryleh coz i'm still waiting for bloody Fday!

oh man those were the days. all this 2 months stuff for pandora reminded me of back then :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolfsclaw said:
x68000 said:

oh man those were the days. all this 2 months stuff for pandora reminded me of back then :D
I wonder if he has got over breaking up with his girlfriend yet? Maybe we can coax him back to get these finished!

Good to see loads of old forum members from the GP32 era creeping back out the woodwork! Wonder if the mighty Prophet may return? His successor, Gruso has been a worthy replacement though :D

x68000 said:
Wolfsclaw said:
x68000 said:

I wonder if he has got over breaking up with his girlfriend yet? Maybe we can coax him back to get these finished!
Can you guys link me to some threads about this? It sounds like a humorous part of GP32x history, and I've only been here since preorders started so I'm not up on this stuff. I know about the Spanish guys not liking us very much for whatever reason, but that's about it.

x68000 said:
Wolfsclaw said:
x68000 said:

I have no idea who you're talking about, but I'm having fun imagining it's Cthulhu.

x68000 said:
Hahaha, now it's starting to feel like the good ol' GP32 days. Just got a nice little wave of nostalgia :)

It is actually Rlyeh, but everybody (to whom Cthulhu means nothing) seems to have trouble with it and ends up spelling it Ryleh...

His website is here: http://rlyeh.wordpress.com/. You'll notice that some of the icons under 'quick downloads' are greyed out - these were also supposed to arrive for the GP32/GP2X one day - known as 'f-day'. Sadly, it never happened though...

I really hope some of the GP32x comes back, I remember hearing about the system many years ago when I was just a young'in and couldn't afford to buy my own system. I think I really would've liked to have been in that scene back then, with what I know now. But as it is, Pandora's the first open-source system where I have enough of my "own money" to buy it on my own and I'm really excited to see how this community develops. If it's anything like the old stuff I'm expecting great things. Especially with how rockin' our hardware is.

Gruntfuggly said:
It is actually Rlyeh, but everybody (to whom Cthulhu means nothing) seems to have trouble with it and ends up spelling it Ryleh...

His website is here: http://rlyeh.wordpress.com/. You'll notice that some of the icons under 'quick downloads' are greyed out - these were also supposed to arrive for the GP32/GP2X one day - known as 'f-day'. Sadly, it never happened though...
Thanks for the link, that's pretty awesome and sad at the same time. I will make all my future releases on f-day in commemoration.

I'm not big on Cthulhu or anything but I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to mention the spelling error. I mean it's just makes sense to remember how the dude's name is spelled, considering his contributions to the community. That's the kinda thing that might make him feel under appreciated.

Check out rlyeh's profile.
Last Active: Dec 29 2009 07:56 AM
Status msg: "rlyeh is back"

Also, do some post digging and you'll find out he's got a Dingoo, he loves it and he was ready to start porting his emulators (dunno what happened to that).

I'm sure that if, for example, he would get a dev rev3 free Pandora he'd make a nice comeback :) Maybe then fday could finally happen...

Gruntfuggly said:
Azure said:
Hahaha, now it's starting to feel like the good ol' GP32 days. Just got a nice little wave of nostalgia :)

I wonder TelcoLou will turn up in a minute?

I Miss Quiest and his minigame project :) . oooh that was the days. Just found my old GP32 again, still works hurray.
Wonder where he is now.

Zodttd: I still playing you port of Transport tycoon on my GP2X, that was a master piece from you. :)

zodttd said:
Well my Pandora arrived a few minutes ago and here is my first picture of it. It has the older case plastics being used, but I don't mind at all.
I feel like I'm watching the Moon landings here. When do I get to walk on the moon?!?!?!?

Ryleh did post in this section a while back, he wanted to get on board with one of Mr Gonzo's projects. I think he found Mr Gonzo a little bit too erratic. I think everyone does actually. Ah Mr Gonzo, we love you. Just try not to scare off the talent next time.

Alpha2 said:
I'm not big on Cthulhu or anything but I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to mention the spelling error. I mean it's just makes sense to remember how the dude's name is spelled, considering his contributions to the community. That's the kinda thing that might make him feel under appreciated.
Awwww, Come on! You can't honestly tell me that calling Rlyeh 'Ryleh' is going to huff the guy!!! He's barely been seen for years, but as you say people like me drove him away! :blink:

I don't see CraigX getting stroppy, do you?? :p

EDIT: Maybe TelcoLou did return under a new screenname ;)

x68000 said:
Alpha2 said:
EDIT: Maybe TelcoLou did return under a new screenname ;)

The beans.

Spill them.

Back