My first impressions of the Pyra

I should have checked.
Just first option in "The Pyra" menu up there leads to the specifications page.
2x Full-size USB 2.0 Host (one can be used as eSATA-with a small adaptor), 1x Micro USB 3.0, 1x Micro USB (Debug and Charging)
I guess my memory failed me. The SOC does support USB 3, then, just not two of them.
Wikipedia says :
OMAP 5 also includes three USB 2.0 ports, one lowspeed USB 3.0 OTG port and a SATA 2.0 controller.

@matzesu, nice video, happy for you (and for the other lucky owners) you got it finally :)
Had to tilt my head to the side a bit but I liked your style a lot: straight to the point and no flashy ado, popups, inserts,o "follow me on instatwitter" etc.
Just a real-time video and first-person view of the moment of unboxing after two months. :)

I hope to be able to get a Pyra myself soon, hopefully later this year (I was not a preorderer, just a daily PAndora-user and daily forum reader watching the progress). It is such a nice projectand at las tit is finalized and in people´s hands :)

A few crappy pics and a boot comparison video of Pyra vs Pandora. The Pyra is a little thicker and a little tiny bit deeper.

b8dacbe8d7c8843a40c80bacbabf0ad7.jpg

4936a4f51882ea609bc44666bbdc1baf.jpg

A few crappy pics and a boot comparison video of Pyra vs Pandora. The Pyra is a little thicker and a little tiny bit deeper.

b8dacbe8d7c8843a40c80bacbabf0ad7.jpg

4936a4f51882ea609bc44666bbdc1baf.jpg

Just FYI, Pyra would actually boot up a bit faster if there wasn't a small delay in start up that allowed you to change boot settings via the serial console on the Micro USB port.

This Auto Login, how do i enable this? and ED Mentioned something on Facebook that i could increase the Sice of the Text etc..
But on my Config Menue, there is no such point..

And its great to hear that Drastic will get improved, allthough i though its just a Quick Port to save it up because it was originaly from Exopage for the Pandora Projekt..

I would suppose that whe make more whit the Pyra Allready, than the Development State is meant to be..

Something like Using Drastic whitout 3D Driver..

Reactions: rSl
But when its dont touch Hardware Acceleration at all, why is it then slower on Pyra? I believe i had Fullspeed in NSMB on Pandora, but not on Pyra..
No big deal, im happy because it works..

Ok i will use see how good this works..

Yesterday i used the Pyra also to made some Changes in our Beekeeper Club Database, it works quite good, although it still to small, but this might be just a mather of Software Development..

Oh and Charging: You can Charge whit more than 2 Amp, but it will stopp to charge when the Batterie gets to warm, and continue when its gets colder..
I also used my Powerbank, which works good..

• Love
Reactions: rSl
ED Mentioned something on Facebook that i could increase the Sice of the Text etc..
But on my Config Menue, there is no such point..
What do you mean ? I don't know the texts in German, but don't you have a System menu, with Preferences submenu, and Appearances and behaviour (or look and feel) submenu and Look option ?
There's a dialog there that should have a tab for Font or Letters or somethign like that, where 5 categories of text you can select the font size of (rightmost button in each line).
If it's not on the menu it should appear by entering mate-appearance-properties on a terminal.
And if that's not there you can get it with sudo apt install mate-control-center.
But I guess not all applications will heed that. Games might do their own thing and browsers will follow author stylesheets (whatever each web page tells them). But if you use Firefox you should have two options in the Preferences page, Font size which will set a default that doesn't apply often and Zoom that will change size for both text and images and probably help more.

I will look at this this afternoon, but i think its have a "Look and Feel", or what its called in German,
Maybe it wasnt the best Idea to put the Debian to German, at least at the beginning its now not that easy to compare the Options ^^

It makes digital life easier to stick with the lingua franca. It's only annoying, when you do support for customers and have then to deal with MS' German terminology - I think they rather made that up on their own than ask German informaticians for the usual terms.

Well, i can translate the German Menue Points in English, but at the Moment, my Pyra sits securely in my Pocket, so i cant say what Menue i have and what i havent..
I will look later on my Pyra anyway..

It makes digital life easier to stick with the lingua franca. It's only annoying, when you do support for customers and have then to deal with MS' German terminology - I think they rather made that up on their own than ask German informaticians for the usual terms.
Beacht aber deinen Horizontradius. Monolinguism ist auch Null radius, egal mit Standpunkt Englisch oder Deutsch.

Last edited:
Well, my reason to have German on my Pyra may be the same as my Reason why I preordered the Maxed Out Pyra whit LTE and 4GB Ram: to have something different from my Budget Pandora whit the Circuitco Board and the only in English Available Super Saxxon ..
And I don’t have to translate when I would ever have someone working on my Pyra whiteout English Knowledge..

Like I said, I’m quite impressed what allready works whit this small thing ..

Send from something, i guess ^^

Beacht aber deinen Horizontradius. Monolinguism ist auch Null radius, egal mit Standpunkt Englisch oder Deutsch.
Si señor, but when it gets technical and especially when it's about things I don't know that well yet, I like the terminology unambiguous. And when similar - but different - things have similar names and I don't know which is which, that's counterproductive.

I put the script in my Terminal, and put my Username in the File, but it didn’t work, but on the other hand it’s maybe not the best idea to mess around whit System Files..

Send from something, i guess ^^

Back