Beta Mupen64Plus

Dang the link is no good yet.
I see that this is only a matter of waiting a little longer, so I shall wait for this.

I'm excited for this. Ocarina was one of the few titles I was really excited to play when I got the Pandora.

Thank you. :)

Sorry guys, we (Pandorapress) moved hosts this week and my link was bung. Try this one: http://bunnitude.com/gruso/mupen.pnd

:)

(Someone should upload it to the archives. Perhaps change the name first to give it a version.)

[edit] I don't have time now, but I will come back later and shift some of this stuff into the beta testing section.

Thanks gruso

i try this new version

an other subject you have tested openbor pandora. I have a bug with bor games. Openbor don t load bor. It s very pitty i would like play with my bor games.on pandora

laurent

Works great, thanks!

Is there chance that the black shadow/texture bug in Pilotwings 64 might ever be fixed?

Newest version with bzfranks's fixes here:
http://bunnitude.com/gruso/mupen.pnd

Zelda OOT is now working !!!

Info on page 47 here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49358-mupen64plus/page__st__705

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed Zelda : OOT working for me.

Thanks man :)

I'm calling it R1B3F - BZ Fix in the Official Compatibility List if that is all right ? After Sebt3's latest fixes we didn't really get an updated version number did we?

And Paper Mario and a lot of others are working now !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Graphical glitches but with FRR=2 it is working.

Yes, Yes, Yes.

I will update the compatibility list as I find them :)

oh wow, this is awesome!

playing ocarina of time and its very very playable. just about to enter the deku tree. nub control is great.

there is some definite sound stuttering during cutscenes and also whilst text renders. the longer the text the more it slows down.

still, super wonderful!

EDIT - hmmm my pandora struggles at 800MHz with the heavier cutscenes

i completed the deku tree and was watching the cutscene about the goddesses and the triforce and it completely froze my pandora some way through. needed to hard rest. so close! might increase the frameskip

EDIT 2 - tried at frameskip 3 but still crashed at the same spot. any advice anyone?

I've just moved a bunch of posts here from the dev forum thread. Sorry if there's any confusion!

For the new page: bzfrank has updated gles2n64. Games such as Kirby, Paper Mario, and Zelda OOT are now working.

Download links:

http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Emulator/mupen64plus-r1.inf
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,345

Just for the record, the version now in the file archives (it shows the real Mupen Icon with a tiny green dot in it) has three different graphic plugins to select. You can select them in the configure dialog of Mupen, use Shift+Click on the Window frame to move the dialog so the 'apply' and 'ok' button comes in view as it is too large for the Pandora screen.

Default is 'gles2n64 0.0.4' - should work with most everything but still uses the old CRC routines.
Selectable is 'gles2n64 0.0.4f' - using the new CRC routines. A tad faster in OOT but consider it beta yet.
Also there is a 'gles2n64 0.0.5' - this is almost identical to the default one except for compiler options.

If you still have the version from Gruso URL without a real application icon (just the generic one) the default plugin is 'gles2n64 0.0.4f'. I opted to make it selectable for now as the new stuff is untested in anything else but OOT yet.

Thanks much, I'll probably give this a go late tonight and look forward to getting in a bit of time with LoZ:OoT.

RenegadeChic said:
EDIT 2 - tried at frameskip 3 but still crashed at the same spot. any advice anyone?

Can you check with different graphic plugins to rule out its related to the optimization?

bzfrank said:
RenegadeChic said:

Can you check with different graphic plugins to rule out its related to the optimization?

okay, i have tried a number of permutations for this now.

gles2n64 0.0.4, gles2n64 0.0.5, 800MHz, 750MHz, frameskip on 2, 3, 4, etc on both of those plugins and performance-wise any slowdowns and stuttering happen at exactly the same points and the same amount. the point where the pandora locks up is *exactly* the same point

for those who dont want any zelda spoilers for some reason this is the point:

you see farore, din and nayru creating hyrule after coming down from the sky and then when they are finished they ascend with a triforce being created at the point where they reach the sky. the triforce spins in the air and it locks during the spin at exactly the same position

it may make some difference, but i am using what looks like the european ROM of ocarina of time.

---------------------------------------------------------

on a slightly unrelated note, how easy would it be to remap the C controls to keypad buttons? the reason i ask is that it is hard to be as desirably precise when using accessories. every time i try to use the slingshot i end up throwing down a few deku nuts as well or pulling out a deku stick. it ends up being a waste. using some keypad buttons immediately below the right nub could give a good alternative, at least for zelda games and in many ways would fit in with the N64 mapping better anyway as they were buttons rather than joysticks. alternatively used the abxy for C buttons and keypad buttons for your conventional A and B buttons on the N64, though this may be less ideal as you want to be able to mash them plenty, with some feedback which you might not get from a keypad button

Did some testing, and Ocarina works great. However, you say that Paper Mario works, but whenever I try and play it, I get serious graphical glitches, and the screen blacks out..
It blacks out and does not show ANY gameplay at all.

What settings have you all used to get it to work?

RenegadeChic said:
on a slightly unrelated note, how easy would it be to remap the C controls to keypad buttons?
I'm in exactly the same boat with Road Rash and many other games! The nub mapping isn't good enough to replace C buttons. I'm going to spend some time on this right now.

[edit]

Ok, this keymap is now my setup for Road Rash (mirroring how I do it in Surreal64 on the Xbox). Road Rash isn't much like OOT, but the C buttons are now mapped to ABXY so this should be a good starting point for other games. To apply this keymap, open Mupen64, select 'Configure Input' from menu and replace all text with this.

(Note that the Pandora's ABXY buttons are actually known as Button Up, Button Down, Button Right etc, not to be confused with Button Dpad Up etc).

Here's a rundown of how this layout works in Road Rash.

• Left nub is N64 stick (as per default).
  • Left shoulder is Z. This means your left index finger is on the throttle.
  • Right shoulder is A. This means your right index finger does wheelies.
  • Right nub down is B, aka the brake. Sounds like a strange mapping, but really works in game.
  • ABXY are the C buttons.
  • The N64's L and R buttons aren't used in this scenario, so are mapped to 9 and 0 (within reach of right thumb).
  • Start is still start.
  • The emulator exit button is now X, instead of the Pandora button which annoyingly launched the XFCE menu too.

Code:
#PPSP Input Plugin for N64
#by JayFoxRox and Adventus.
#These values specify the analog mapping:
N64 ANALOG=ANALOG LEFT
#These values specify the button mapping:
N64 DPAD UP=BUTTON DPAD UP
N64 DPAD DOWN=BUTTON DPAD DOWN
N64 DPAD LEFT=BUTTON DPAD LEFT
N64 DPAD RIGHT=BUTTON DPAD RIGHT
N64 A=BUTTON R
N64 B=ANALOG RIGHT DOWN : 64
N64 L=KBOARD 9
N64 R=KBOARD 0
N64 Z=BUTTON L
N64 C UP=BUTTON UP
N64 C DOWN=BUTTON DOWN
N64 C LEFT=BUTTON LEFT
N64 C RIGHT=BUTTON RIGHT
N64 START=BUTTON START
EXIT EMULATOR=KBOARD X
#These values specify the analog calibration function
#in = [0,255], out = [0, 255]
#out = in*v[0] + in^2 * v[1] + in^3 * v[2] ....
CALIB LEFT[0]=0.500000
CALIB LEFT[1]=0.500000
CALIB LEFT[2]=0.200000
CALIB LEFT[3]=0.200000
CALIB RIGHT[0]=0.500000
CALIB RIGHT[1]=0.500000
CALIB RIGHT[2]=0.200000
CALIB RIGHT[3]=0.200000

Just tested Mario Kart. With the default graphic plugin everything is running fine graphic wise (as it did before). Game speed is still too slow @800mhz
From what I remember it used to be a continually low FPS while now it seems to run a bit better but with longer intermittent freeze...
I am not exactly sure how I could set up frameskip to improve this.

The new texture CRC check however (gles2n64 0.0.4f) doesn't play well with Mario Kart. It simply doesn't display... textures !

thanks for the guide gruso. i'll probably end up mapping something like IJKM to the C buttons for zelda. theyre just slightly lower than that nub and not too far out of reach :)

EDIT - changed the controls as per above and it works reeeeally nicely for zelda.

i also downloaded the newer mupen with the .4f plugin and i froze up at exactly the same spot. anyone else had or done similar? i may need to try and grab the US version to see if it has the same issue (in case anyone wonders i have the gamecube zelda collectors edition so i assume any download would technically be a backup... sorta!)

Back