Beta Mupen64Plus

ozzyfreakdude said:
It froze for me as well, at what seems to be the exact same location as it did on yours: it freezes as it's focused in on the triforce spinning.
I am using the NTSC-U version of Ocarina of Time at 850mhz Frameskip 2 on hotfix 5

Any luck in figuring it out?
i am kinda relieved it isnt just me! since we are both on HF5, compared to _Sterling who is on HF4, i wonder if it is some kind of conflict there. it is puzzling, but if its been repeated outside of my pandora it must be a genuine bug

Last edited by a moderator:
bzfrank said:
Maybe it would be a good idea just to create a 'beta' section, where updates can be made easily and often - aside from a 'Stable' section for milestone releases.

I have somthing like this planned for my site (when its complete :) )

ozzyfreakdude said:
It froze for me as well, at what seems to be the exact same location as it did on yours: it freezes as it's focused in on the triforce spinning.
I am using the NTSC-U version of Ocarina of Time at 850mhz Frameskip 2 on hotfix 5

If it happens also with the old gles2n64 plugin, its very like unrelated to the changes done there. My guess is a ROM incompatibility or a bug in the emulator itself. Can do you a md5 over your ROM files and post them here for reference? (Working vs. Not working)

One extra question - are you using V1 or V2 of my special Mupen build?

You can easily tell - when you select the graphics plugin V1 displays a list:

gles2n64 0.0.4 <- default
gles2n64 0.0.4f
gles2n64 0.0.5 (regardless of version number its the old plugin, just with the Zelda fix, nothing else)

while V2 show:

gles2n64 0.0.4 - BZF100311 <- default
gles2n64 0.0.5 (like above the old plugin)

This is looking better all the time.

For the benefit of Gruso, I'd like to mention that it is possible to pick a default ROM directory. (I remember you complained about that quite a while ago...) It's somewhere in the configuration options...

The main thing I'd like to see added to this emulator is auto-frameskip. That would make many games playable that currently stutter, and is probably the single simplest addition that would improve it for many even with no other speed increase.

(I haven't tried save-states yet)

I think I've figured out my ROM path saving issue. Previously I was setting a path, then launching a game, then using the Pandora button hotkey to exit. This time I made my changes, then exited the Mupen window before launching a game. Now it's retaining the setting. Always something silly!

Gruso said:
I think I've figured out my ROM path saving issue. Previously I was setting a path, then launching a game, then using the Pandora button hotkey to exit. This time I made my changes, then exited the Mupen window before launching a game. Now it's retaining the setting. Always something silly!

AHEM. COUGH. SPLUTTER.

What did I just say, Mr Gruso? Hmm?

It's a clat, but here we are.

Open Mupen, set config, find ROM directory, use left-shoulder to move window up, click "Apply" then close config. Close Mupen.

On re-launch, it should find your ROMs.

Tch.

D.

I just had a thought... I'm pretty sure Mupen has a command line file loading so surely it could be setup with pickle launcher for ROM loading and launch the program directly to change settings(could also be an option from pickle launcher?)

bzfrank said:
ozzyfreakdude said:

If it happens also with the old gles2n64 plugin, its very like unrelated to the changes done there. My guess is a ROM incompatibility or a bug in the emulator itself. Can do you a md5 over your ROM files and post them here for reference? (Working vs. Not working)

I've never had a need to calculate an md5 checksum before, so bear with me. I downloaded GtkHash and ran it with my Ocarina of Time rom, and the output was:
MD5: 57a9719ad547c516342e1a15d5c28c3d
SHA1: 41b3bdc48d98c48529219919015a1af22f5057c2

bzfrank said:
One extra question - are you using V1 or V2 of my special Mupen build?

You can easily tell - when you select the graphics plugin V1 displays a list:

gles2n64 0.0.4 <- default
gles2n64 0.0.4f
gles2n64 0.0.5 (regardless of version number its the old plugin, just with the Zelda fix, nothing else)

while V2 show:

gles2n64 0.0.4 - BZF100311 <- default
gles2n64 0.0.5 (like above the old plugin)

I'm using V2

ozzyfreakdude said:
I've never had a need to calculate an md5 checksum before, so bear with me. I downloaded GtkHash and ran it with my Ocarina of Time rom, and the output was:

Thanks!

_Sterling, can you post your MD5 hash too for reference?

If its the same then HF4 vs. HF5 may be the issue here.

bzfrank said:
ozzyfreakdude said:

Thanks!

_Sterling, can you post your MD5 hash too for reference?

If its the same then HF4 vs. HF5 may be the issue here.

There are a few different versions of the Ocarina of Time rom, each of which would probably have different checksums.
The one I'm using is called: Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!].z64

To the developer(s), I just tested out the new V2 with the new plugin gles2n64 0.0.4 - BZF100311 as well as the old one, and Paper Mario still will not work for me.

This is incredibly frustrating because I hear other people saying it works for them. Are there any other settings I need to tweak with to get it to work?
The problem is that when the intro movie is playing, the graphical glitches (which I expected so that's no biggie) turned to a black screen that never goes away when Mario and Luigi enter the castle. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

I can confirm now that it also happens with v1.0 of the LOZ:OOT Rom, PAL or NTSC. Thats on HF5 and confirmed by several others.

As described it happens in the cut scene right after beating the spider boss Gohma - when the cut scene zooms in on the triforce, basically at 4:00 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk_QUiJ9Cvw

The freeze is hard, the normal exit by the Pandora key does not work anymore.

Can someone else still on HF4 comment if it works for them? I think Notaz updated the SGX PowerVR drivers for HF5, maybe its related to this update?

I followed up on my earlier suggestion of bundling Mupen with picklelauncher.. and made a tiny bit of progress... nothing that actually worked though... but it should be doable... I don't think I can get it working I get muddled with all the scripts...

Thanks Gruso for the tip!

TSBroich: Lets fix things for LOZ:OOT and then turn to the next goal. I'll bet that some blend modes are missing and thats cause the gfx issues.

Back