Beta Mupen64Plus

HackModford said:
My pandora just arrived in the mail and is waiting for me at home. Is there anything I need to know about n64 emulation? I've been out of the loop for a while now ;)

SM64 is fullspeed at 700 MHz.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
But zelda is still not fullspeed? I can't seem to find a sweet spot with the settings :(
I seem to be missing the 4f plugin... I have 4 and 5 though...

HackModford said:
But zelda is still not fullspeed? I can't seem to find a sweet spot with the settings :(
I seem to be missing the 4f plugin... I have 4 and 5 though...

You don't have the latest version. The latest version has only one plugin. Grab this one: http://projectinfinity.org.uk/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=pokeparadox:beta:mupen64.pnd

Also, Zelda is not fullspeed yet.

-God Ginrai

Still no one else had issues with the missing Expansion Pack? Tried reinstalling the pnd and have nothing... (I'll revert to an older version in the meantime, so no rush, just very curious to see if I'm an isolated case).

Are you sure that's the latest version? The config file is missing the zelda fix and auto frameskip....

HackModford said:
Are you sure that's the latest version? The config file is missing the zelda fix and auto frameskip....
Really, there's no auto-frameskip in that one?
That version is from March 22 (or 21, not sure). There's also this version from March 10:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,353

Is anyone checking to make sure that the releases actually have everyone's up-to-date code?

Esn said:
HackModford said:
Really, there's no auto-frameskip in that one?
That version is from March 22 (or 21, not sure). There's also this version from March 10:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,353

Is anyone checking to make sure that the releases actually have everyone's up-to-date code?
My PND should be ok... it has the per game configs.
I do/have tried to integrate the new stuff Hopefully Picklelauncher will be integrated in whoever releases the next version, as it's not something I want to actively maintain...

Man could someone post the most recent version of this because for a while there wasn't any updates and now it seems like there's at least one every week. I'm not complaining or anything it's just I'd like to make sure I have the most recent version. ;)

There is no way to exit from this emulator now, other than a hard-reset of my system.

The "pandora" key no longer exits to desktop (in HF5, with sebt3's pnd_run.sh), rather, it seems to open a window in the background, but I can't actually select anything in that window, since the game itself doesn't quit. How about assigning the "Q" key to go back to the config screen?

Also, there is no auto-frameskip that I can see. Was it included in some prior version, then taken out again?

A lot of great work has been done on this emulator, but unfortunately, it currently seems to me that it exists more to be coded than to be used. Simple, boring fixes that would make it more usable to people (such as the option to quit back to the config screen, fixing that bug where you have to exit before the choice of ROM directory is registered, auto-frameskip) aren't undertaken, or are removed as soon as they're put in.

EDIT: Ok, wait... I'll try out this non-PickleLauncher version from March 21 instead:
http://gles2n64.googlecode.com/files/mupen64plus-r1b5.pnd
That's the one that's supposed to have auto-frameskip...

Alerino said:
Esn said:
There is no way to exit from this emulator now, other than a hard-reset of my system.

Press P (afaik)
That doesn't work in the Picklelauncher version if you don't choose to start with Picklelauncher.

Anyway, using that March 21 non-picklelauncher release now, and the Pandora button DOES work. Also, sound is not disabled by default. I like the default menu more than Picklelauncher anyway; the only thing it's missing is that lots of people don't know how to make it save your ROM directory.

However, there is NO auto frameskip in this version either, despite statements to the contrary. There's actually no entry for it in the conf file...

Esn said:
Alerino said:
Esn said:

Press P (afaik)
That doesn't work in the Picklelauncher version if you don't choose to start with Picklelauncher.

Anyway, using that March 21 non-picklelauncher release now, and the Pandora button DOES work. Also, sound is not disabled by default. I like the default menu more than Picklelauncher anyway; the only thing it's missing is that lots of people don't know how to make it save your ROM directory.

However, there is NO auto frameskip in this version either, despite statements to the contrary. There's actually no entry for it in the conf file...

The problem with that one tho' is that it has Notaz's old sound plugin. The one that made the noises that made you feel like it was tearing your speakers to pieces every time you tried to play OoT.

-God Ginrai

Well, I can live with that; I don't plan on playing Zelda soon. The lack of auto-frameskip is bothering me much more.

Does anyone have any version of the emulator that actually has auto-frameskip?

My PND has the frameskip version of the plugin by Adventus... as well as per rom gfx settings...
EDIT: The autoskip is DISABLED by default as Adventus said...
EDIT2: Hmmm... I'm not sure but maybe my PND is copying the old config across...
In any case the PND is updated to NOT include a default config... this SHOULD force GLES2N64 to make it's own config(untested due to needing to go to work soon) BACKUP your config just in case...
Adventus said:
Here's the new release: http://gles2n64.googlecode.com/files/mupen64plus-r1b5.pnd

I don't remember whats changed since last release (or BZ'z releases which are based on my own newer code). Somethings i did recently:
- added per game configuration: you can find a file "config/gles2n64rom.conf" which acts as an override for the settings in "gles2n64.conf", you should be able to figure it out... I've added some games i used for testing.
- added autoframeskip: not enabled by default. It only comes into effect when the FPS falls below the "target FPS". If its a PAL game the "target FPS" is multiplied by 5/6. You generally want to target FPS to be a few FPS below the actual FPS (ie i use 25 for 30 fps games).
- fixed zelda sun (well known problem)
- Banjo Tooie / Jet Force Gemini work (require "ignore offscreen rendering" to be enabled)
- other stuff i don't remember

Anyway there is a problem with some textures in zelda, not sure if its a combiner or texture issue. I'll look into it.

PokeParadox said:

Well, then why not just edit the config file to enable it? ;)

bzfrank said:
PokeParadox said:

Someone please show me what the line in the config should look like for it to be enabled.

P.S. I said this before, but I'm not sure if I made it clear... in the PND which has PickleLauncher, you CANNOT launch a game from the non-PickleLauncher version. If you do, it won't allow you to exit, and you'll need to do a hard-reset. The Pandora button doesn't work, and none of the keyboard buttons (such as "q" or "p") do, either. So for those who prefer the non-PickleLauncher GUI, don't download that version.

Esn said:
Well, I can live with that; I don't plan on playing Zelda soon. The lack of auto-frameskip is bothering me much more.

Does anyone have any version of the emulator that actually has auto-frameskip?

It's not only on Zelda. It's on anything where the sound is not fullspeed.

Esn said:
bzfrank said:
PokeParadox said:

Someone please show me what the line in the config should look like for it to be enabled.

P.S. I said this before, but I'm not sure if I made it clear... in the PND which has PickleLauncher, you CANNOT launch a game from the non-PickleLauncher version. If you do, it won't allow you to exit, and you'll need to do a hard-reset. The Pandora button doesn't work, and none of the keyboard buttons (such as "q" or "p") do, either. So for those who prefer the non-PickleLauncher GUI, don't download that version.

That is a problem with your system, not the PND. I only run from the non-PickleLauncher GUI and exiting with my Pandora button works every time.

-God Ginrai

Back