Mupen64Plus (Nintendo 64) Pyra -W.I.P

Well, it's not really acceleration as I understand it. Unless software also has a software rendering method that this new GL path replaces, it could be considered so. But in most cases more recently, software only has the GL code path, which needs gl4es to interpret.

Edit: Well, Wally calls it acceleration on the previous page, so what do I know?
It is hardware acceleration. It's just it's difficult to replace software mesa driver without breaking many things in the apt repo thingy, so the "wrapper" gl4es simply force to use alternate libGL binaries... But it hardware accelerate eveyrhing opengl basicaly (with the limit of what gl4es support of course, like opengl 2.1 and no more).

You can type the commands also separately. Edit: *You need to be root.*

First:
apt update

Second:
apt install libgl-gl4es-pyra

apt update updates the filelist. It tells your pyra which software and updates are new and can be downloaded.
apt install libgl-gl4es-pyra installs the newest version of the gl4es wrapper. It knows which one is the latest version, because you wrote apt update before.

Last edited:
Yes, I think Rohzeal must have been assuming you had opened a root terminal to type his commands into. I've not found a way to enter compound commands including things like semicolons and curly brackets into sudo yet, though I suspect there's probably a way to escape them. But until then if it's a simple list of commands connected with semicolons or escaped ampersands then I just run them sequentially under sudo. If it contains nested brackets I generally drop into a sudo su shell before entering the command.

The fog issue was fixed by ptitseb :)
Post automatically merged:

yeah we could do that :) need it to be sdl2 if it’s not. M64py would be more inline with Mupen’s pipeline though *shrug*

its SDL1 since it would then run on any device (gph, dingoo, etc) and it uses updaterects to save on cpu.
But i can look into adding a SDL2 render option.

The Pyra doesn't have hardware decoding for SDL 1.2 (Yet) and is only shown as a window rather than full screen (if you stretch to full screen it shows it in a tiny box.

Small update: Still trying to get the nubs working correctly, it feels like it's a bit deeper than Mupen though as if I do a nub dance on the left nub before N64 initialisation I can somewhat either get a fully working nub or just a cursor that moves on it's own accord any direction at any speed. (This is likely due to the N64 emulator doing the right things and detecting the control at a certain location at game startup)

Reactions: rSl
This is quite cool, so after my upcoming Gameboy Color Video (if I can film it so that you see something on the Original Non Backlight Screen, if not I just use the Picachu IPS SP) , there will be a N64 Video ?? cool ^^

Reactions: rSl
Don’t understand your post , seems like my English needs lot more improvement:
It’s something like: I will make a release, so you can test allready, but I will put then more improvement in??

Yes, making the vibra motor act as a rumble pak and telling the control the pak is installed would be cool. I'm not sure the console ever had a microphone attachment released for it. I know the dreamcast did, but not the N64.

Yes, making the vibra motor act as a rumble pak and telling the control the pak is installed would be cool. I'm not sure the console ever had a microphone attachment released for it. I know the dreamcast did, but not the N64.
There was a Mic release it was used with Hey you Pikachu!

Did no one make a video of this running yet ? That would be pretty neat to see ...

Back