Mupen64Plus (Nintendo 64) Pyra -W.I.P

Wally

I am a banana!
So I've got Mupen64Plus working on the Pyra with the GlideN64 Plugin, and games run successfully and are fast :D

IMG_1761.JPG

Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, OOT and Mario 64 all seem to be full speed and working with audio.

There's a few things that need to be done before releasing this:

* Input - Done, commited Pyra controls to mupen64-input-sdl repo (We need to wait for the pyrainput-ctrl plugin to be updated)

* GUI - In progress of compiling m64py.. A little time consuming as pip3 is not supported on ARM platforms.. yet.
* DBP - Starting to be configured, need to move all the mupen config stuff into the DBP and structure it properly.
*Tidy up my script for compilation and then we'll be able to have regular builds :)

Last edited:
This is quite Amazing, and whitout the OpenGL Driver? I ditnt expect to have DS on the Pyra in the first few weeks, but Fullspeed N64 is also quite fantastic ^^
Allthough whit OpenGL, i suspect it will eat up less Batterie Current ..

As far as you released it whit Controlls, i will make a Video ^^, seems like the next System where i have to put the Roms in Order is the N64..
I though whe dont have OpenGLES yet? Or was this included in the last update?

Look, and this is maybe the big Issue whe have now on the Pyra: Whe can make Updates every few days, but it would be cool to have some sort of a Log or something..
Whit my Iphone, whit every Update, they write what changes, ..but on the Pyra, i have to look on the Discord or the Mailing List..

So, now whe are ready for all of the Emulator Ports?

The Image isn’t that important, it’s always a good advice to make a update after flashing ^^
But when it’s works, it’s means it can’t be to far from putting in the Image,
But enough derailed today ^^

The graphics issue has been fixed.

Input is partially mapped, can't get the nubs working (Working on this with sebt3 and bzar)
Need to patch input sources when we can confirm the nubs are working
Need a GUI frontend
Then a DBP can be generated and uploaded to the Repo.

The code is built from mupen's repository so any updates can be automatically fetched with my short script making it easy to do updates

Last edited:
.. and then i need at least a half freeday, (not when i get home at 18:00), and a bit of though what best to show, to make a Video about it ^^

How long was it back then, until whe got Muppen 64 on Pandora? Whe are just on the first Month of the Pyra..
Also on Pandora it wasnt even shure if whe could get an N64 Emulator, but then Ari64 came around the corner and made it happen..

Is this new version more compatible than the Pandora build?
Is DonkeyKong 64 and Banjo Tooie playable?

Of course, it's going to be m64py likely if I can get it running today.

A lot of the Python stuff isn't in pip3 on ARM though so it's gotta be compiled

The graphics issue has been fixed.

Input is partially mapped, can't get the nubs working (Working on this with sebt3 and bzar)
Need to patch input sources when we can confirm the nubs are working
Need a GUI frontend
Then a DBP can be generated and uploaded to the Repo.

The code is built from mupen's repository so any updates can be automatically fetched with my short script making it easy to do updates

My launcher can be used for a GUI (it was used with the pandora version in the past). Id be willing to looking into any issues or any reasonable changes to make it better if its something you want to consider.

Back