Beta Mupen64Plus

no. gl4es is in /usr/bin when installing
I wonder why you all became it to run, but it’s still not working for me,
Also I can’t find a file that looks like gl4es in user bin but I know I made all of the commands In this tread

type gl4es, that'll tell you if it's installed or not.

if it is then please try typing dbp-run --chdir mupen64plus13020 mupen64plus.launch and tell me what errors you get? :)

Just to be clear gl4es is there ready to download from the pyra specific debianrepo, just not pre-installed.

When I type the install command for GL4ES, it’s says it’s allready installed
But at the moment, whit DS and PlayStation, I was happy enough for today ^^
Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64 and the 2 N64 Zelda Games are quite playable on 3DS,
So N64 isn’t that important for me yet, but on the other side, I should look on my GL4ES because it could be the next Drastic and PlayStation Version will be Hardware Accelerate..

Ok this is the error I get when I type the command
25f4708495b920b53bd3b7789b2418dd.jpg

That shows all signs of being a QT error related to xcb that anything to do with gl4es. I'm not sure why it's saying it's looking for xcb in "", that seems almost predestined to fail.

The question is, how to fix this whitout reflashing the OS? I had to reflash my Pyra once, but ditnt made anything i should not made: i made the last updates so it should be quite actual, maybe my OpenGL is on the wrong place because i put the Terminal App from the Start Menue to the Desktop?

i made a new update, over the terminal run from the start menu when you push the pyra button,
its load up a bigger update, and the gl4es folder is under user lib arm ... like it should, but its still the same issue.

mentions qt, perhaps some qt related package not installed?

Well there are a lot of qt related packages, should ask Wally what he uses with this.

I thought dbps were meant to have the capability to mention what OS packages they need, and those will get installed by the system at first run. Of course, Wally may not be comfortable with this yet, but I thought at least this is where we wanted to end up.

I find Wallys work great, first Drastic, then PlayStation and now N64,
I searched for a QC Plugin, and installed the mini zip package whit Synaptic, and I don’t know how, but now it works ^^
Im still curious why these packages might be onboard on other Pyra, but on mine, or I just downloaded the wrong DBP and it was still the old, if I remember correctly, I downloaded it yesterday highnoon at 13 Hour German Time, at Wallys Place it was about 1 Hour in the Night..

Installing anything using synaptic (or any other featurefull modern package manager) will drag in all of the dependencies that that package and all dependent packages themselves depend on. If you install anything that depends on qt then the odds tend to be that it'll hook in most of qt, which is why I'm not that keen on qt even before the current licensing woes. But on a machine like the Pyra with all of that eMMC space, it's probably not that big of a deal for you.

I don’t know, it was worth the try, and it worked..
maybe if not to play N64 Games, but I needed to know if my GL4ES installation was successful, also because I think the next Emulators will need it..

I was worried that my Pyra OS is Screewed UP, I’m still a Linux noob so I can’t know how to fix something other than Reflash..
my plan was also to put my Roms in Genre Folders, but Muppen64 puts everything in the main Menü as list, so I can’t hide the whole Amount of Roms...

I think I will make a N64 on Pyra Video tomorrow, but I will post it only in this boards, not in the German Nintendo Boards.. ^^ don’t think they would like to see this ..

Yep it's important to know your audience if you're posting on youtube. Luckily I'm pretty accepting and hard to offend, but I get the impression I'm in the minority of youtube viewers there.

Back