Moving forward! (2010-12-17)

not to be off-topic, but can you tell me where to find a full version(if possible, if not, then the icon will do) of the picture that you're using as your avi??

it looks pretty cool. :3

I drew it, so I have the full pic on my comp somewhere - I could even rescan my original.

.... Oh wait. Just found it. It's incomplete. o.o I did this years ago.

Wooooow!

you drew that??

you did an awesome job!

i'd love to see it sometime if i could. :D

Sure. You can stay in contact via my email. You can find it in my profile. =3

But no pics tonight - about to watch a flick, and besides... that pic is unfinished so my OCD streak compels me to do something with it before I release it for public viewing. Everything I produce MUST BE GOOD! *twitch* :blink:

But I have plenty of other drawings you'll probably like... to keep you occupied till I'm done with this one.

And yes, this is definitely off topic. Sorry Peeps...

Ooooooo.... I've just had a *GOOD* idea. Do we have a Pandora Mascot yet? *grin* ;)

Ooooooo.... I've just had a *GOOD* idea. Do we have a Pandora Mascot yet? *grin* ;)
Many attempts were made to create such a character. It alleviated the boredom while waiting for Pandoras, but eventually that got boring too :p

The thread was recently brought to the surface again to ask if one of the artists had made anything new, but I forget where it is now. It was on the other gp32x.de forums, at any rate. Perhaps a search for "mascot" in the Pandora section will help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure. You can stay in contact via my email. You can find it in my profile. =3

But no pics tonight - about to watch a flick, and besides... that pic is unfinished so my OCD streak compels me to do something with it before I release it for public viewing. Everything I produce MUST BE GOOD! *twitch* :blink:

But I have plenty of other drawings you'll probably like... to keep you occupied till I'm done with this one.

And yes, this is definitely off topic. Sorry Peeps...

Ed should hold a contest to decide the mascot. X3

i have a character i wanted to be a mascot for something, and i want to have a chance for that character to be the mascot for the all-time greatest gaming system. XD

Two Months™!

until start of second batch. (But that wouldn't be just moving forward, that would be fast forward)

And please no more ash clouds! ;)

WTF! I just realized my nickname is spelled incorrectly :p

if the op mascot isnt a panda somehow integrated with the linux penguin, i will be pissed

It's promising, but I'll hold off on the celebration until I either see them myself or we get a tracking number with them shipped off to Craig.

Is this news verified by Trey? I believe that last week someone official said he'd try to go this week.

I don't mean to sound distrustful but, well, I guess I am at the moment, regarding these sort of figures.

Edit: /looks up - oops, I guess not!

WTF! I just realized my nickname is spelled incorrectly :p
:D

Ed should hold a contest to decide the mascot. X3

i have a character i wanted to be a mascot for something, and i want to have a chance for that character to be the mascot for the all-time greatest gaming system. XD

I think the Pandora mascot should be 'Blocky' from the placeholder art over at openhandhelds. I was considering doing a platformer with the character after NEON gets eventually finished. It's most likely going to be called "Blocky's Great Adventure", it' be a bit like Super Meat Boy but not as hard and less morbid. Anyhoo...Awesome news on the production front, also get well soon ED!

Awesome news, ED!

Just remember that no matter how much crap people give you about your timetables, you'll never be as far behind as the Thomas Biskup's JADE (the successor to the very popular Adom roguelike). That project is now at least 12 (almost 13!) years overdue.

Wow, I've been waiting for that game for more than half my life.

Oh yes, and the mascot must be a panda (-bear), bursting out of Pandora's box, holding a Pandora.

So at this rate, some people might actually get their Pandora before Duke Nukem Forever ships?

Oh yes, and the mascot must be a panda (-bear), bursting out of Pandora's box, holding a Pandora.

Craig bursting out of Pandora's Box, yelling "What's your order number??!"?

This is great news! Glad to see you're feeling better, and can't wait to see the video on Monday...

The way I figure it, the mascot of Pandora should be a cute little demon popping out of a box. BSD has had a demon as its mascot for years, so there's a long tradition of demons as mascots in the open-source world.

Furthermore, I figure this demon should be named "Delay". And he should have a sinister-looking suitcase. (In Latin, the word "impedimentum" means hinderance; the plural form also means "baggage".)

I could just imagine if it went the other way:

EvilDragon: Hi everybody, the boards are on their way and we're going to be able to ship a lot of Pandora's throughout January.

Unfortunately, the doctor said I may have terminal pnem.....

Community: W00T!!!!! MI PANDORAS COMIN IN JANURARY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! YAY!

So I'll simply state:

I'm glad you're feeling better EvilDragon, The Pandora's can wait!

Back