Movies Thread

Been watching Jackie Chan movies. Police Story I was brilliant and II was a bit less so, but still good. Currently in the middle of Project A. The best one still is Meals on Wheels.

beavith said:
I just watched 3:10 To Yuma, it was pretty good! 4 out of 5 penguins.
Which one? I believe they changed the ending in the remake. It wasn't bad tho

klikklak said:
Been watching Jackie Chan movies. Police Story I was brilliant and II was a bit less so, but still good. Currently in the middle of Project A. The best one still is Meals on Wheels.
I love rumble in the Bronx for cheesy goodness! Jackie Chan is a legend.

Saw The Wrestler recently, thought it was really good. A role made for Micky Rourke. Recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.. so.. I like started off my night with the totally awesome "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure", then after watching that I chilled for a few mins and moved onto "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey". I've not seen either of them for years and couldn't remember anything about them. Adventure r0x all the way through. Took me about 30 mins to get into journey, but after that it ended up being totally bodacious. Just ordered the OST to the first film as well.

Be excellent to each other and party on dudes!

I recently watched a film called 'Drag Me to Hell' and was not impressed. It's from the same makers as 'Evil Dead' which I enjoy but this new film seem to be pretty daft at most points in the movie. Must be me just getting old and boring I guess.
huh.gif

Just saw Lammbock, a german pot comedy. It was a bit too paranoia inducing and not jolly enough, but definitely one of the better german films I've seen. Not that Ive seen that many though, but I think Das Experiment was brilliant of the newer films from there. This one ranks second or something.

District 9 was definitely not what I was expecting. I thought it was going to make a political statement; instead it was Aliens! Spaceships! Lasers! Pew pew pew! Everyone I've talked to loved it, and thinks I'm insane for not.
I think I need go see it again knowing that it's just another sci-fi movie and not anything serious.

i liked district 9.

i thought the characters were well done, the guy playing the protagonist wasn't too bad. i liked how the mecha was included.

however, the plot had some pretty big holes in it. granted, i think it didn't lived up to its hype, but i would have found it boring if it was focused on politics, "treat others like you want them to treat you" has been around since biblical times, and frankly, it gets boring.

I went into District 9 knowing nothing about it except that it's sci-fi and got good ratings, so I didn't have any real expectations. Personally, I was glad when the mockumentary portion subsided because I found the sociopolitcal commentary forced and over the top. The rest of the movie was pretty good, although it's true the plot had some problems. The main character was kind of a prick really, which was sort of amusing.

Really, I don't watch movies (or TV, or anime) for their statements, I watch them to be entertained. It's okay if they make a point at the same time but I don't really need an obvious one to be presented for the millionth iteration.

Just saw Mongol! DEFINITELY recommended! Just totally kick ass barbarian movie, I just I wish those days would come back or something :) It's about Genghis Khan, his life before becoming the khan of all mongols. No idea if there's any truth in it, but doesn't matter. Go watch it now!

EDIT: corrected name and: it seems like this was a international collaboration, I thought it was a korean film, but I guess they were speaking proper mongolian as well. I've seen lots of good non-us films recently even if I don't count hong kong in to it

I got to see the Soloist, and it was excellent. I also saw War of the Worlds (remake) and it wasn't too shabby. I also saw Fantastic Voyage, it was excellent, but the blood cells looked like that goo inside a lava lamp...

Was literally dragged by the gf today to see New Moon, 1000 women and probably 100 men in the screen - Nightmare :angry:

Film was watchable.................just

The movie guy on news 24 said that the first 20 minutes were just a bunch of people acting like emo's, and then the rest of the film was just a campfest, with young guys running around topless. Although he did say there was a cliffhanger at the end and he wants to see the next one :p

Back