Movies Thread

There was lots of slo mo topless men scenes, and lots of vocal girls/women swooning all through the film - sickening stuff :closedeyes:

It was a bit of a cliffhanging end, but reading the 1st page or two of the next book would probably take care of that

I've been watching 80s action movie all weekend and I must say that Bloodsport and American Ninja are my favourites. All of these movies are cheesy, they are so addicting to watch.

I've seen many films since I last updated, but the only one which stood out was 'Brick'.

Very original and entertaining.

craigix said:
I've seen many films since I last updated, but the only one which stood out was 'Brick'.

oooo brick was sooo good! great film noir-revival kinda thing goin on

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:

I agree- Brick is one of my favorites. I love the low context communication interlaced through out.

Just went to the Waterloo Festival for Animated Cinema. Saw a whole bunch of great films that I hadn't seen before. Some of the standouts for me were "Mary and Max" (for being very well-made, though it's sad in a way that all of its humour couldn't cover) and "A Town Called Panic" (for being absolutely insane and hilarious).

I recently watched Saw VI, not as gorey as the others and the story line seemed lame. Just hope that it stops here. I hope they won't drag it out anymore.
huh.gif

Tag5 said:
I recently watched Saw VI, not as gorey as the others and the story line seemed lame. Just hope that it stops here. I hope they won't drag it out anymore.
huh.gif
if you watch saw series for story you must be fucking dumb

Had a nice David Hasselhofd double-feature. Nick Fury and Starcrash. The last one is really hilarious. :D

blah... not commented on the films I've been watching for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages, and not going back through them all..

anyways...

I watched Moon tonight. It's a pretty cool film! It did seem like they had pulled together plots from a few other films (it reminded me quite a lot of 2001 at first), but they've done it pretty good. It does get a bit confusing halfway through, then after 15 minutes you twig onto exactly what's going on and wait for the story to work it out.

Xian Long said:
just saw "The Room"

best

fucking

movie

ever

also, i'm going to go see "Shutter Island" tomorrow, heard it was really good.
Chest Rockwell`s comment removed.

The Movie thread is for letting other members know what films people have seen recently, Give views on what they thought of them, And whether they would recommend them to others. NOT to reveal the outcome and spoil it for other members that may like to go and see them.

Don`t be a jerk and ruin this thread for other members, Ok.

Back