Movies Thread

Xian Long said:
just saw "The Room"

best

fucking

movie

ever
I got that movie a while ago, but I've only seen parts of it. I thought it would be really funny cause Tommy Wiseau was pretty funny on Tim and Eric, but I can't stand to sit through that movie for more than 10 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crunchwrap said:
I got that movie a while ago, but I've only seen parts of it. I thought it would be really funny cause Tommy Wiseau was pretty funny on Tim and Eric, but I can't stand to sit through that movie for more than 10 minutes.

it's a lot easier to see with some friends, so you're all rolling over laughing

A must-see. It's from 1974, but it's still just awesome :D

51WPNPZ50TL.jpg

Klaus said:
Had a nice David Hasselhofd double-feature. Nick Fury and Starcrash. The last one is really hilarious. :D

Aw shit, I know what I'm downloading, I mean buying* next.

*And by "buying", I mean "downloading".

I just saw 'The King of Kong: A fistful of quarters'. It's a documentary about two guys loosely competing for the donkey kong world high score. It was probably one of the most unintentionally funny movies i've ever seen. It reminded me a lot of 'the office' for some reason, but the funniest thing about it was that it's all real :D

I'd definitely recommend it, it's totally worth a watch. It was short & sweet. Might be kinda hard to find a copy since it is a sort of indie film, but i got it via the usual route so you should be able too too ;]

edit: I hope this is ok to post, but i found a link to watch it online here

Watched Cadillac Records last. It's not an amazing movie, but it had me hooked all the way through and has a cool soundtrack :p

desktop-wallpapers-films-2-aeon-flux-p.jpg

Saw Æon Flux and was shocked it didn't do well… I loved it! Anybody else see it?

(naw)mcx said:
Saw Shutter Island.

It was amazing. Loved it all.

I also saw From Paris with Love, slapstick awesome. Just so over the top, really fun movie :D
I loved Shutter Island. I really want to see Hot Tub Time Machine, I heard it was good.

Just watched most of 2012.. It was piss! I went to sleep rather than watch it all.

Jourdy288 said:
Saw Æon Flux and was shocked it didn't do well… I loved it! Anybody else see it?
I saw it last year and was shocked they even bothered releasing it on DVD :p

and since I'm posting in this thread....

I watched Sunshine a couple of weeks ago, not expecting much, but I was impressed! I think I'm going to buy a copy of it on DVD. I also watched Sphere a couple of days ago. I had seen it years ago, but had forgotten what happens. Thought it was pretty good.

I too think Aeon Flux sucked. I didn't watch the TV show, but to me the movie seemed to be a compilation of trendy utopia sci-fi elements, with the story just being an excuse for showing lots of futuristic computer effects. Good science fiction or fantasy feels real, but in the movie you feel like in an early 00's FPS game, where there are corridors full of doors and you know exactly that nothing is behind them, they are just stage decoration.

@javacat yeah, Sunshine was pretty good. Last few years there's been a few surprisingly good american science fiction movies.

I saw Wargames (again) last night, but I was too hammered to catch any of it.

klikklak said:
@Javacat yeah, Sunshine was pretty good. Last few years there's been a few surprisingly good american science fiction movies.

I saw Wargames (again) last night, but I was too hammered to catch any of it.
I saw the new one too, did you catch it? DVD release only, but pretty good.

I do think that Æon Flux did bite off trendy sci-fi stuff TBH, but combined them well! The story struck me as standard distopian(spelling?!) fiction, but I enjoyed it.

I saw Clash Of The Titans at the weekend. As a fan of the original I had high hopes - until I read reviews (after purchasing my tickets). The reviews were not favourable. But do you know what? I think they helped as my expectations were then dashed. And I actually enjoyed it, not expecting too much by this point. The acting is pretty dire on the whole (even from the likes of Liam neeson), and the Gods weren't exactly the way I expected them to look. It did stray from the original movie a bit, but on the whole it was pretty much the same. Some of the effects were amazing (some not so), but it's definitely one of those movies where you just sit back and watch, rather than try to analyze. An enjoyable romp. I still prefer the original though.

Xian Long said:
i heard how to train your dragon was rather good actually

anybody here seen it?

No, but my sister really wants to.

Anybody seen Steal This Film? I saw parts 1 and 2 :D

I've seen the original Clash of the Titans as well, I think I might go watch the new one.

Jourdy288 said:
Anybody seen Steal This Film? I saw parts 1 and 2 :D
Of course :D! Haven't seen that in a while, will have to revisit them. If I recall correctly, I think I liked the Spectrial edition the most, it kind of included the best from each part.

I just watched the Shining for the first time last night. I thought it was AMAZING. Spectacular acting, dialogue, filmography, and soundtrack. I have to admit, when I finished the movie, and looked at the clock, and it was 2:37 AM... :eek:

Back