Mould Creation Time

GTBOPN!!

OP project works the same as any investment projects work, the same way banks do, so GTBOPN!!

maybe not everyone has a all good luck in investment days like the google guys had "i like it here take 1M"

im on the almost same finanacial tight belt on my Robot Soccer team at the university. so pp you really want a panda? Invest on it.

keaft said:
Phawx said:
This is only a guess but you don't run a business do you? Have you ever worked retail even? They needed our money to finance the project, resources are tight for OP. When resources are tight and you need money to MAKE the product, you check your pride at the door.

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I put $1k+ of my own money to help OP realize making this thing. I tried convincing my friends, but they want to wait until it's done. However, I extended myself as much as I reasonably can to help OP out.

So if you are going to tell people to GTFO, I hope you're going to back up the project by buying another Pandora.

Please remember ED and Craig have invested, basically their lives with this project. We need more people to buy Pandora's, not leaving. So, again, Please don't tell anyone to take their order and leave.

Makes sense. At the same time it's only a few people that try to ruin it for the rest of us.

At the same time when you have a limited clientele I can defiantly see how you want to keep your business. Either way the payoff at the end will outweigh any of those that leave.

I am convincing my friends to buy a Pandora. That counts.

Any one who pre-ordered has a right to voice their concerns, it should be as simple as that. 3000+ people are not going to be happy all the time or at the same time. We all have invested interest in this project and saying "if you don't like it you can leave" is both immature and rude. Nor is it your place to say such a thing.

I don't mean to say this strictly to you either; you aren't the first and probably not the last.

edit: on a side not it looks like the 'first' 6 leds might be single color while the final 2 are multi... is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
New pic on MWeston's photobucket! Not a TV cable yet, but a couple of units from the famous 105.

Rev4 production samples
I finally got some production samples that passed testing. These are the best looking boards of all the revisions ever made. The guy in charge of assembly for the Pandora project does such an amazing job!

I am happy to see this and that he's happy with the both the quality and the PM for the assembly (using Project Manager for lack of a better term).

2 thoughts: 1. "that passed testing" does this mean some didn't? 2. What of the nubs, I thought they would be added as part of the factory assembly. Perhaps the test ones didn't require nubs for the factory testing, I just thought completed boards would be used for the testing.

I am in now way making a statement of anything, just curious.

Edit: Thanks Gruso, clearly I am not asking you the above, just general curiosity that someone might have insight into

Also, this thread may not be the best place for IC board news.

I don't know if this has been commented on, but...

I'm happy to see Anti-static bags being used. ;)

I don't want a zapped board!

kerplunk said:
I don't know if this has been commented on, but...

I'm happy to see Anti-static bags being used. ;)

I don't want a zapped board!

I also saw that and I agree, I was kinda looking on the numbers on them. Also, I didn't mention it yet, but it was interesting that this time he didn't black out the numbers on the chips on the boards.

The nubs are tested elsewhere, plus we had to flash a final firmware revision on to them, they will be going on the boards remaining at the factory soon.

Because it's difficult to upgrade the nub firmware once they are on the Pandora it had to be 100% right, so was quite a tricky one.

The cased Pandoras in the wild now had issues with the nubs sensitivity, so it has been revised.

When I think about how many things we have tweaked in the last year (we had the first cased units this time last year) there has been a major evolution of this hardware, which I think is better in the long run than having shipped the first version (had the whole bank thing not happened). Strange how things work out like that.

Anyhow, Michael should have those TV cables around mid day central Canada time.

Yes, on these Photos, whe can see one of the first final mp boards, what you can se can your own board be if you hafe ordered in the first seconds, mybe not personly this board but the other board are simular to this who you can see... B)

I'm going to feel all strange and uncomfortable after I caress it's nubs now... I'll have to sit in the bath for days.

RajTakhar said:
It's all good in the hood

can't wait to see the first completed units - hopefully this time next week
i hope that to!
That would be just awesome.
The first 100 people that get their pandys must promise that they will create 10 videos a day, else they wont receive it :D

Back