Mould Creation Time

@keaft

Please don't tell anyone to take their order and leave. While we may not have as much invested in the Pandora, OP certainly does. And the last thing they need right now is someone pushing the dominoes for a bank run.

EvilDragon said:
Ever seen a company make pictures of what they produce for you?
I haven't.
Try to order a TV and tell Sony to send pictures of the building process :D

I have to agree with this, as I don't understand why people insist on the "pics from the factory" so much. The company most probably have a fairly dense production schedule (if they didn't, wouldn't they risk going bankrupt?), so one possibly relatively minor customer asking for "pics for our kids" might not be according to the "code". It's frustrating but at this point there's not much we can do, unless we want to annoy the factory by asking for extraneous services. Pictures would be nice but not a reasonable request, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
fiori_musicali said:
EvilDragon said:
Ever seen a company make pictures of what they produce for you?
I haven't.
Try to order a TV and tell Sony to send pictures of the building process
biggrin.gif

I have to agree with this, as I don't understand why people insist on the "pics from the factory" so much. The company most probably have a fairly dense production schedule (if they didn't, wouldn't they risk going bankrupt?), so one possibly relatively minor customer asking for "pics for our kids" might not be according to the "code". It's frustrating but at this point there's not much we can do, unless we want to annoy the factory by asking for extraneous services. Pictures would be nice but not a reasonable request, in my opinion.

I think it's a reasonable request ONCE. If it's not forthcoming, then it's not happening and IMHO should be dropped. It's not like the case mould process is THAT long that we can't wait until the end to see some piccies or - gosh - actual Pandoras!

plus i believe everyone is asking for photos of the produced case, not the production process.

i dont find it weird to ask for such a thing, anyway, September 10 is here, any fresh news?

hmm, by the way after the cases made, where are they going to be shipped and assembled? TX?

I notice on the blog that the case mould times have been changed. Has it changed because the factory has said it'll be another week? or was it just increased by gruso or someone coz it's not ready today? I hope you know what I mean :rolleyes:

puppydee said:
I notice on the blog that the case mould times have been changed. Has it changed because the factory has said it'll be another week? or was it just increased by gruso or someone coz it's not ready today? I hope you know what I mean :rolleyes:

No official dates have been given, but the moulds aren't done so I just added a week. My info came from EvilDragon and Craigix posts in this thread. :)

Hmm mean while, im interesting on using the USART/PWM of the panda

does any one knows how it will be accesible outside? i dont see any xtra openings nor other ports.

will it be accesible thru TV-Out Port?? as i believe ive seen some DB9 conn on the TV out cable prototipe.

also, what kind of connector is that? in case i have to buy some to use the USARTs and the PWMs

The port is actually a multi-purpose EXT port. There are 14 (or 15?) pins, and they're all used for something. TV out + audio inputs are there, I believe UART is as well. I don't know what USART/PWM is though. ^_^

More info here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/46835-information-on-the-pandoras-ext-port/

I promise when there is an update you will be the first to know, and the TV out cables are finished and shipped. So you will see them first.

New pic on MWeston's photobucket! Not a TV cable yet, but a couple of units from the famous 105.

Rev4 production samples
I finally got some production samples that passed testing. These are the best looking boards of all the revisions ever made. The guy in charge of assembly for the Pandora project does such an amazing job!

pandora_rev4.jpg

Very nice... thanks for posting it here Gruso :)

mmm 8 programmable LEDs :) odd numbering scheme though :)

j.pickens said:
craigix said:
The moulds would be ours I assume.

Wow.
I hope for one of two things.
Either Craigx is tweaking us for effect.
Or Craigx has nothing to do with the details of the mould making agreement.
/snip/
But, if Craigx is in charge of the mould and case making project, and he isn't pulling our legs with his comment, I am concerned.

So it turns out the second of my hopes was true, Craigx wasn't intimately familiar with the contract details.

If you read my earlier posting, I merely stated concern about Craigx's assumption.
It was not argumentative, and even supported the notion that whether the moulds were owned by OP or not could be made to work either way.
I don't believe this sort of dialogue is a problem.
Craigx is a big boy, he came on and cleared things up.
Good job.

And the photos of the first of the 105 boards are wonderful.
Look at those tiny, tiny decoupling caps on the back of the CPU, if I'm seeing it right.
Resize the image to around 3 by 4 inches for each board on your screen and see just how tight everyting is.
Amazing work.

Superduper ubermeganice photos.

that will be great to use for mapping the paperdora.

keaft said:
Phawx said:
@keaft

Please don't tell anyone to take their order and leave. While we may not have as much invested in the Pandora, OP certainly does. And the last thing they need right now is someone pushing the dominoes for a bank run.

I'm just saying that if someone was being rude towards me when I was working my hardest to supply them with a product, I would tell them the same thing. If you don't like it then leave. If you don't like "PRE-ORDERING" and all the things that come with it, then leave till a later date when you can be more pleasant.

This is only a guess but you don't run a business do you? Have you ever worked retail even? They needed our money to finance the project, resources are tight for OP. When resources are tight and you need money to MAKE the product, you check your pride at the door.

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I put $1k+ of my own money to help OP realize making this thing. I tried convincing my friends, but they want to wait until it's done. However, I extended myself as much as I reasonably can to help OP out.

So if you are going to tell people to GTFO, I hope you're going to back up the project by buying another Pandora.

Please remember ED and Craig have invested, basically their lives with this project. We need more people to buy Pandora's, not leaving. So, again, Please don't tell anyone to take their order and leave.

Back