More Xgp Pics

yay!!

never realised how much itlooks llike the psp.

and the red joystick came with 1 of the commercial gp32 games and you just pulled out tyhe grey 1, n put that in.

I think I agree with their poll, I prefer the look of the Type B XGP. Don't like the blue keys on Type A and the joystick on Type A looks a little naff too.

Type B gets my smile :)

i hope to god it doesn't have 2 AA's i love my DS and PSP not having them. For me and the amount of gaming I do, i very rarely will play for 6 hours straight to drain the batteries down to nothing and have to switch. I just plug em in and overnight they're charged ready for the next day. They're great. I have rechargables for my GP32 but i just like the way the batteries in the PSP and DS are compared to AA's.

Angel posted on Aug 18 2005 at 05:16 PM said:
i hope to god it doesn't have 2 AA's i love my DS and PSP not having them. For me and the amount of gaming I do, i very rarely will play for 6 hours straight to drain the batteries down to nothing and have to switch. I just plug em in and overnight they're charged ready for the next day. They're great. I have rechargables for my GP32 but i just like the way the batteries in the PSP and DS are compared to AA's.

That is ok for a company like Sony that you can count on being around forever. But when GP goes out of business or the Xgp becomes obsolete you won't be able to get replacements for the batteries anymore. That kind of sucks.

With the GP32 at least you can alwways count on getting batteries for it. With the 15 minute rechargeable batteries you don't need to let charge overnight either.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Aug 18 2005 at 05:44 PM said:
Angel posted on Aug 18 2005 at 05:16 PM said:

That is ok for a company like Sony that you can count on being around forever. But when GP goes out of business or the Xgp becomes obsolete you won't be able to get replacements for the batteries anymore. That kind of sucks.

With the GP32 at least you can alwways count on getting batteries for it. With the 15 minute rechargeable batteries you don't need to let charge overnight either.

That shouldn't be a problem if they use the same standard internal Li-Ion batteries that are commonly used in digital cameras and etc.

But yes. For a small company like GP better make many if not all of their XGP parts easily replacable with parts that are commonly found in the consumer market...

I've allways wondered, why no gadget maker has made a replacement battery thingie to, say, GBA, which would use some standard Nokia cellphone-type battery.

I always use AA, and I can't recharge a DS in a bus/train/airplane or when I am camping or at school or even at home! (<-not while playing)
If I would like to play, I need a extra battery for obvious reasons.

With AA I dont have to buy them because I already have lots of them, they are cheap and easy to get. If I can't recharge them I walk into a (almost any) store and buy some AA.

I have a compaq handheld (actually 3 of them) with custom batteries, all DEAD and you can buy them for like $80. For $80 I could get lots of AA's anywhere.

But if it makes the XGP THAT much smaller it must be good.

Hm... well from first stunned disbelief after the first pic emerged, I'm generally in favour of what the XGP looks like now... although I have to say, I prefer the GPx2, which for whatever reason, I think looks brilliant.

Have yet to see which of course actually turns out to be the better machine, but I'll certainly be getting one of the two... if not both, once the XGP has been cracked (assuming it isn't opened up again as soon as the guy who's now running GP realises that it isn't competing well against the PSP after all).

Prelims are cool, though... now I know the screen can be folded :)

P.S. Nice new avatar, Axeman; been using it for long, or a recent addition?

Tobriand posted on Aug 19 2005 at 08:40 AM said:
Hm... well from first stunned disbelief after the first pic emerged, I'm generally in favour of what the XGP looks like now... although I have to say, I prefer the GPx2, which for whatever reason, I think looks brilliant.

Have yet to see which of course actually turns out to be the better machine, but I'll certainly be getting one of the two... if not both, once the XGP has been cracked (assuming it isn't opened up again as soon as the guy who's now running GP realises that it isn't competing well against the PSP after all).

Prelims are cool, though... now I know the screen can be folded :)

P.S. Nice new avatar, Axeman; been using it for long, or a recent addition?

Check this thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=20223

They definitely don't want emus or homebrew on XGP.

It will be ok for a 3D console but then again if you are interested in this why not just get a PSP? I still think this thing is redundant with the PSP out as they are similar.

Plus analog stick and 16:9 for emulators? Meh.

Back