Xgp/xgp Mini News

OMars posted on Mar 3 2006 at 04:45 PM said:
Nova posted on Mar 2 2006 at 01:36 PM said:
Any shoulder buttons on the mini one?

Nobody really puts there finger on a console in that way, so I guess it does have them.... ;)

I can confirm it has shoulder buttons, look at the projections from the top of the xgp mini:
XGPmini01.JPG
XGPmini02.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpha2 posted on Mar 4 2006 at 07:56 AM said:
There is far too much crap being spewed in this thread from all directions.

Sony Dpad is connected. Just because it's split on the surface dosent make it any less responsive than a regular nintendo Dpad unless you just have really tiny thumbs. The split is only to avoid being sured by Nintendo who has a patent on the original 4 directional pad.

The PSP is ideal only for official games unless you've hacked it to play emulators and such which even then sounds like a waste of 250 bucks when you can a GP32 or 2X for less. Buy it play your UMD games and rencode your DVDs on Memstick and be done with it like most everyone else that owns one and stop expecting it to be the next GP32, it's not. Period.

PSP screen blur is not as bad an issue as some people like to claim. atleast it's certainly not on mine and I'd assume if mine isnt bad then there have to be other people out there without complaints as well, especially when I only hear the complaint being made by people simply trying to bash the system to make something else seem like a better choice, I'm suprised you didnt just add the old dead pixel complaint to complete the hattrick.

Yes of course I exaggerated but I was just repeating issues what people have been having with PSP. Yes - for some the screen is blurry, for some the "pad" is crappy, for some the UMD drive is too slow, etc.

In the GP2x realm we have the same - there are complains about many things so are for every machine.

That's my point - XGP (mini or normal) will not be free of issues. It will not be "a perfect GP2x" and therefore I don't understand all that excitement about it. For an example someone said that mini will be GP32 compatible with its homebrew and people rushed with opinions how it will be great. Yet they completely didn't take into account that to being so the screen must be at 320x240 - a very big obstacle for 2" lcd
(then the clarification came...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but even a one eyed man can see that they look nicer than the GP2X with its bar of soap design, At least we are looking at something that will appeal to a mass market (If they can pull it off, Personally i think it is doubtful)
The GP2X is one ugly lump that nobody i know gets excited about, All i ever get is "Fancy MP3 is it"
The designers of the GP2X not only need to learn how to design hardware that works well (I ignored people who said the Joystick is shit at my own cost) but also something that looks nice too.

hey wil the mini be able to play video, i mean i am guessing thats a dumb thing to say but it will right. i like both designs but since i have a tapwave zodiac 1 i wouldnt want to buy another big console. But i am not sure yet, cause i dont like having so many consoles and stuff. I really wish my phone was able to play video and audio and games. So if the xgp mini was 150 i would consider. but if it was 120 i would buy it emeditly.

lol the XGP or the GP2X?

Please.. these systems in no way resemble the game.com except the fact that they are portable. ;)

The xgp systems arent finalized yet either. So almost all of this is specualtion.

Expect a follow up to the GP2X later this year. Hopefully smaller, better .etc

These kind of consoles have a high turnover rate. Especially since these systems are not really supported by real devs (well.. maybe the XGP with Quake 3 Arena planed lol).

Back