Minimig anyone?

@Khan - Your enthusiasm is infectious. :D

I'm looking into the NatAmi, now, myself, and I'm seeing there, the same sort of "pioneer spirit" from the old days that I also see in the Pandora, Raspberry Pi, and suchlike. I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Khan - Your enthusiasm is infectious. :D

I'm looking into the NatAmi, now, myself, and I'm seeing there, the same sort of "pioneer spirit" from the old days that I also see in the Pandora, Raspberry Pi, and suchlike. I like it.
Yes prometheus I agree I like the spirit of the Natami team and their endeavours too.They exude a lot of passion which in turn makes me passionate.Im a big amiga fan so im supporting it all the way.There's alot of info in the old threads on the natami forum you just have to sort through them.Ive read tons of them now.It was the openpandora site and the philosophy inherent in the community that made me believe it's possible to do stuff without a major corporation.I surely would never have handed over money to some bloke online ie craig/edd purporting to build a machine until i joined the pandora community.And yes I urge you look into the natami cos it's looking great and im biased towards amigas. edit im glad you got infected with my enthusiasm.I assure you there's no cure. :D

Indeed, the lack of a cure seems to be inherent in enthusiasm infections. Not that I mind. :p

I'm wading through a ton of threads on their forum right now, funnily enough.

Is there any clue out there as to when they expect it to be available to the public? I haven't found anything like that, yet, and it may well be quicker to ask here, instead. :lol:

Indeed, the lack of a cure seems to be inherent in enthusiasm infections. Not that I mind. :p

I'm wading through a ton of threads on their forum right now, funnily enough.

Is there any clue out there as to when they expect it to be available to the public? I haven't found anything like that, yet, and it may well be quicker to ask here, instead. :lol:
As regards to a release date they are saying it will be released when it's done.Apparently the amiga community has had a lot of false promises made to them by various frankly useless companies like amiga inc(who owns that company now?)Commodore usa(Pcs in generic cases with the amiga name engraved on them.)etc so the natami team don't want to set up preorders or take any money yet.i think it will be 2013 at least.before the natami is released.Just my guess.An official case has yet to be designed for the natami but gent named loriano pagini is making an a500 style case for use with it.here's the thread about the case. http://www.amiga.org...ead.php?t=57592Here's the pics

http://loriano.pwp.b...letely_made.htm The natami will be released without the 3d softcore(allows 3d games.The 3d softcore can be flashed to the fpga at a later date and the natami's features can be improved.This is possible because of the fpga. It's claimed that the natami will be as powerful as a ps2 or dreamcast or more.The natami team have made 194x a 1942 shooter clone,A star wars game is being worked on,total chaos aga is being made(strategy game) A guy called michael v parent is making a professional looking game too.He did the graphics for the thor Ds game.I donated my old amiga 1200 to him so he could test his game on real hardware.The natami is backwards compatible with most of the old amiga software and also a powered up amiga with modern functions. edit it will run the classic amiga os but aros will also be installed.Aros is an open source evolution of the original amiga os.It will run on a variety of systems.It will be awhile before aros is more feature full and is tailored to take advantage of the natami's adavanced amiga capabilities.Long post fueled by enthusiasm. ;)

Thanks, Khan! That's all really helpful. :D

I can understand their "When it's ready" attitude - I've heard a lot of stories over the years of the runaround that various companies who have licensed the Amiga name/logo/etc. have given to the community. To be honest, some of them annoyed even me, and I'm not even part of said community.

A guy called michael v parent is making a professional looking game too.He did the graphics for the thor Ds game.
Actually, even better! :D The Thor DS graphics were done by Henk Nieborg, who did the art for, amongst others, Lomax (the Lemmings platform game, for the PSX and for Microsoft Windows 95), Flink (for the Mega CD, Mega Drive, and I think Amiga CD32), and Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DSiWare), amongst others. He's a fantastic artist - I'd love to see more games containing his work! :D

Thanks, Khan! That's all really helpful. :D

I can understand their "When it's ready" attitude - I've heard a lot of stories over the years of the runaround that various companies who have licensed the Amiga name/logo/etc. have given to the community. To be honest, some of them annoyed even me, and I'm not even part of said community.

A guy called michael v parent is making a professional looking game too.He did the graphics for the thor Ds game.
Actually, even better! :D The Thor DS graphics were done by Henk Nieborg, who did the art for, amongst others, Lomax (the Lemmings platform game, for the PSX and for Microsoft Windows 95), Flink (for the Mega CD, Mega Drive, and I think Amiga CD32), and Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DSiWare), amongst others. He's a fantastic artist - I'd love to see more games containing his work! :D
Ah yes i forgot to say that michael v parent did additional graphics and animations but the main graphic artist on thor was another guy, presumably henk nieborg.And yes there has been a variety of poor companies in the amiga scene for many years.Ther's a funny thread on amiga .org called great things come in small packages.It's about commodore usa's overpriced pc in an off the shelf case, that can be readily purchased on ebay. Essentially they are seeling amiga stickers.Lol edit I see that coincidentally henk Nieborg worked for thalion and did the gorgeous graphics for the amiga game lionheart.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/V9bOVGQWJdU?start=202&feature=oembed

^ Ooh, that is a gorgeous game. :D

Here's a video of Lomax, which is my favourite game among all of Henk Nieborg's work (unfortunately, the video is a little bit choppy - the real game is as smooth as silk);

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MwpkCeG-Ir8?feature=oembed

It's considered by just about everybody (including the guys who made it - Henk Nieborg, and Erwin Kloibhofer) to be the spiritual sequel to Flink, which I still haven't tracked down, even though I can readily see the similarities between the two games. :p

I must go and find the thread you mentioned, now. I'm sick of companies coasting off of the rights to classic names, just to snare the unwary with overpriced generic goods in generic casings with a special badge on them. :rolleyes:

The lack of updates on the pages of these projects is frustrating, I'd love a modern iteration of the Amiga but some of the sites haven't had news updates in years.

I've been checking back on the forums for a couple of weeks now.

I will be all over that like a rash if it can run Amiga AGA stuff.

Back