A Proper Gp32 Emulation Or A Re-built Unit?

Pixman

Website
Visit site
Hello fellow devs and gamers,

does anybody know how much GP32 were ever produced? As far as I can see, there weren't THAT much produced, even though there are quite a lot.

But to me it looks, they are quite hard to get by today, especially the BLUs (I just love the proper illuminated display, the FLU is nice too, but the display... damn, it owns just too much :p ).
Will there ever be a good emulation? I think there should be an open source project based on the GeePee32 because it still isn't open source and it isn't going to be developed any further.

I'd love to have an emulator for a) coding / debugging and B) to use all the software, not bound to any real hardware.

Another possibility would be, that one could recode do an FPGA-based GP32-"emulator", this would be great, one could even do a stationary gp32, wouldn't be too portable maybe... on the other hand, it wouldn't be too hard by today to make it portable either.

You know the commodore one? http://c64upgra.de/c-one/
It's a reconfigurable computer, a hardware platform, where you can run different 8-bit computers & processors, for example the C64, VIC-20, Atari 800, Apple 2, Amstrad CPC (not quite sure about the latter ones..).

Mr. Mirkos would be able to do FPGA stuff and he already did such stuff withe the Ninja-handheld project, didn't he?

Thanks for listening to me, ladies & gentlemen :)

Kind Regards,
Pix

Pixman posted on Dec 27 2005 at 02:30 PM said:
Hello fellow devs and gamers,

does anybody know how much GP32 were ever produced? As far as I can see, there weren't THAT much produced, even though there are quite a lot.

They only produced 30000 units.
Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Back