FPGAs

gunni

Despite not even having the cash to spare to upgrade my pre-order to premium I seem to have developed a rather twisted habit of trawling the net for all manner of gadgetry I can't possibly afford.

It seems there a lot of devices under development at the moment using FPGAs to mimic old hardware, I had heard of the Minimig but some of these others are quite interesting.

Chameleon

MCC

FPGA Arcade

and the one that interests me the most (and likely to be the most expensive) the Natami

anyone following any of these projects/planning to get one?

Just had my interest in these re-ignited from another thread.

Are any of these or others available that can run Amiga AGA stuff?

Or has anyone used any of these and can recommend them?

My main used would be to hook it up to an LCD monitor or TV for large screen Amiga gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had my interest in these re-ignited from another thread.

Are any of these or others available that can run Amiga AGA stuff?

Or has anyone used any of these and can recommend them?

My main used would be to hook it up to an LCD monitor or TV for large screen Amiga gaming.
This thread on amiga.org is the main source of info for the fpgaarcadehttp://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55885&highlight=fpgaarcade

Its a very long thread though. The creator of the fpga arcade regularly posts updates there.

The fpga arcade is an aga amiga but faster. apparently some of the system readouts were impressive.

The new softcore is nearly done too.

a daughterboard attachment will be available too, giving usb and other features. sd cards can be used too.

I have read the entire thread on amiga .org as i keep up with all the stuff on fpga arcade.

Suffice to say this is the one you want.

fpgaarcade.com is the old website but the new websites link is buried in that thread somewhere.

Im very interested too but money has become tight now and i have a new flat, rent etc.

Its looking like it will be the best aga system made.

mike j said he's aiming for 100 per cent backwards compatability.

some testers have early boards with old softcores.even these give impressive results so the new softcore should be even better.

This is no farce like the natami project turned out to be either.

Excellent, I'll go through the whole thread too.

As it will take me a while is there any indication on release date?

Excellent, I'll go through the whole thread too.

As it will take me a while is there any indication on release date?
Not too long. mike j has another person working with him now and the parts for the consumer boards are nearly with him i think.

some of the guys posting in that thread regualrly, can answer some stuff about the boards too. Darren is on there all the time and he has an fpga arcade board.

Back