Release Meka - Sega 8bit Emulator

Tried a few games too and i agree with yoshi. The sound is distorted or something like that.

Thats a shame cause Meka s gui is great.

Tried Alex Kidd, Ys, WonderBoy, Zillion. On some of them is seems like only the music is distorted, not the sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the synch of sound is broken in meka < 0.80 It looks like the emulator start a new chunck of sound while the previous one is not finished... So there is a small moment where 2 chunck of sound play at the same time, but slightly shifted in time (for a ms, not more)... This is what I tried to minimized with the build, but I cannot have it perfectly without redoing sound code... I don't think I can do much now to improve sound (I still find the sound better than previous build, at least I can play some Sega games with sound ON now).

This has been fixed / redone in Meka 0.80, but I still not have a build of Allegro 5 with Hardware accelertion (only MesaGL build), so I connot release Meka 0.80 (which runs fine with MesaGL, at unusable speed).

The touchscreen is way off, I can't do anything because it is all over the place. Numbs do work for mousing though.

It would be nice if I could use the D-pad for navigating through the menu on the top.

Games themselves work great, love it!

I'm looking forward for this emulator, but for now it's not so useful to me, I just can't use the menus (the cursor goes where it want to, and if there are hotkeys I don't know them), the music is a pain to hear like this...

Anyway I tried some GG games and seemed working well (if you exclude the music)

I'm looking forward for this emulator, but for now it's not so useful to me, I just can't use the menus (the cursor goes where it want to, and if there are hotkeys I don't know them), the music is a pain to hear like this...

Use the analog buttons for mouse, that will work. For gamegear there's mednafen which works very well including the sound.

Meka is excellent for the older not so known Sega systems SC-1000/2000/3000 Love the Atari 2600 classic H.E.R.O. from Activision in Sega version.

Use the analog buttons for mouse, that will work. For gamegear there's mednafen which works very well including the sound.

Meka is excellent for the older not so known Sega systems SC-1000/2000/3000 Love the Atari 2600 classic H.E.R.O. from Activision in Sega version.
I tried every keys to use menus yesterday, but even if sometimes one menu was opening then I was not able to move the selection in any way...   :wacko:

Maybe I will give some more trials tonight.

Yeah, I know, Mednafen is really a badass emu !! Anyway this seems somewhat more professional, and I like the idea of an all-in-one SEGA (8bit) emulator.

I tried every keys to use menus yesterday, but even if sometimes one menu was opening then I was not able to move the selection in any way...   :wacko:

Yeah, I know, Mednafen is really a badass emu !! Anyway this seems somewhat more professional, and I like the idea of an all-in-one SEGA (8bit) emulator.
I have to look at the code, see if I can hack some shortcut for main function (like Load Game for example).

I have to look at the code, see if I can hack some shortcut for main function (like Load Game for example).
Save/Load game where in some function keys (or numeric keys? I was playing too much with the keyboard to remember)

Does DJWillis SDL cursorfix work here? Does this use Notaz SDL for scaling in the menus?

Back