Media Reports

Alerino said:
Those consoles and handhelds in the picture are the ones Pandora will be able to emulate? :rolleyes:
Confirmed it will emulate a Nintendo DS ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool pics. Everything around you in one small handheld. Amazing how the technology advances

edit: well yeah almost. barcode battler would be cool though :p

Hey ED, are you going to be at CeBIT this weekend (as the article says)? If so, you might want to see about finding some Engadget guys and doing a demo for them - it seems they're over there covering the conference.

Very interesting read and cool pictures. All those old systems/games bring back memories.

Is anyone working on a better translation of the article?

Guess it's only me having trouble with the translated version then.
Guess I'll have to wait till the weekend to read it. :(

Edit: No Need to read. Ninja'd

Erm.....did anyone notice the article "Pandora launches handheld console" on the latest issue of "Linux Format" magazine (LXF 130)?

Short quote attached to the article's picture of the Pandora: "The Pandora claims to be a games machine, but appears to be capable of much more - look at that keyboard!"

Although (wrongly, in context, in my opinion) a bit critical of how the hardware specs have been superseded by the iPhone and the Nexus One, it's still positive overall.

Hey relliker,

Is the one your talking about the same as this one Linux Format?

Edit:
Going by your quote it seems to be.
Then yea, it's on the front page and linked to a typed up copy.

Vorporeal said:
Hey ED, are you going to be at CeBIT this weekend (as the article says)? If so, you might want to see about finding some Engadget guys and doing a demo for them - it seems they're over there covering the conference.

I'm there, yes, having a presentation about OpenSource gaming handhelds at the Linux Hotel stage from 12pm to 1pm :)

After that it's press interview time (also video interviews).
Will have a busy time there, yes :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Vorporeal said:

I'm there, yes, having a presentation about OpenSource gaming handhelds at the Linux Hotel stage from 12pm to 1pm :)

Keep your hands tight around your Pandora. ;) Everyone want to have it, so be careful. The enemy is everywhere out there :D

EvilDragon said:
Vorporeal said:

You should send them an email - they might not know that you're there, but I'm sure they'd love a hands-on. :D

In the scheme of things, they're pretty big supporters.

mali said:
http://www.golem.de/1003/73676.html
video! :D
I've never heard EvilDragon speak his native tongue :p

nice find mali :)

mali said:
http://www.golem.de/1003/73676.html

Meybe Somewhone may translate this in english, because its in german and this is not the speak, which is spoken very often in the international gp2x community..,

(i cant translate it, because my english isnt good enougth.., sorry..)

:rolleyes:

Well, my German isn't good enough...
I did catch most of what he said (german is so close to dutch), nothing really new.
A bit about who would be buying the pandora (long-hared folk like me!/joke) and that we rock because we paid (well, others did) 2 years up front.
Some more about developing the pandora, problems with the parts causing delays.

How am I doing so far?

cheers!

Yay! Awsome interview. Sadly its in german, but luckily im dutch so its quite easy to understand most of it :D
For people that cant listen to it:

You wont miss much. Just watch the vid for seeing ED playing on the pandora and you wont miss anything

EDIT:

Someone posted the exact same as me lawl

Back