Media Reports

Thanks guys. :) Official threads are serious business on GAF!

SONY, their new member approval process seems pretty inconsistent. Some wait weeks, some wait many months. I'd sign up a second one, maybe your old one slipped through the cracks.

SONY said:
Awesome stuff there, Gruso.

Btw, how do I get granted posting privileges on NeoGaf? I registered a very long time ago and have been awaiting activation forever. :(

It took about a year for my account to be activated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arkay Firestar said:
SONY said:
Awesome stuff there, Gruso.

Btw, how do I get granted posting privileges on NeoGaf? I registered a very long time ago and have been awaiting activation forever. :(

It took about a year for my account to be activated.

Really? Now I'm thinking the reason for this is because the NeoGaf Administrators/owners are stuck up c*nts who think they're better than everyone else. :angry:

And just in case you missed it...

Gruso said:
Not a media report, but good exposure. The "official" NeoGAF thread is up. :) Largely positive comments so far.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=396036

:wub:

kaprikawn said:
Engadget post is up.
A link would help :)

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/23/pandora-handheld-now-shipping-first-mass-produced-unit-unboxed/

I'm not really surprised by the reactions. The Pandora has lost its window of opportunity. Two years ago it would have been a great gadget for gadget lovers all over the world, and the reactions reflected this. These days most people have a mobile phone which can compete in most aspects they care about.

Nevertheless, I can't wait to receive mine.

Caine said:
(…)
These days most people have a mobile phone which can compete in most aspects they care about.
(…)
[joke]They're jealous because pandora have real gaming controls, a better battery and is more "exclusive" than their mass-produced phone :lol: [/joke]

I don't agree, the phone able to compete with pandora are only a few and friggin' expensive!
Android phones (Legend, Milestone) and N900 are great, but I can't buy them because they cost nearly twice the price of pandora.

Caine said:
I'm not really surprised by the reactions. The Pandora has lost its window of opportunity. Two years ago it would have been a great gadget for gadget lovers all over the world, and the reactions reflected this. These days most people have a mobile phone which can compete in most aspects they care about.

Nevertheless, I can't wait to receive mine.
I don't want to clutter this thread with non media reports, but I feel I have to chime in. The reactions on engadget are the exact same as they were 2 years ago(when the tech was top of the line). There have always been 3 main posters on that site. 1) The guy that thinks it's ugly and useless compared to recently release or announced gadgets. 2)Pandora followers like myself who try and defend the unfounded comments of dopes. 3)The guys who are seeing it for the first time, and don't know what to think. So it really doesn't matter much that is is over a year late, as the comments are the exact same as they were before.

Anyone who comments on better products in the market, that don't have gaming controls have no clue about this product, and completely miss the point. I don't care if a N900 can run God of War 3, without gaming controls it is a useless device "For Me". For those who like it and love it, that is swell. I wish you all the best, but to comment on how this product sucks for lack of processing power(due to the late release), this device is just not for you. Plain & Simple!

Chris

It's ok, unlike the quotes thread this one is open to discussions, and you's is very relevant.

SONY said:
Really? Now I'm thinking the reason for this is because the NeoGaf Administrators/owners are stuck up c*nts who think they're better than everyone else. :angry:

No, it's because they go through every single application by hand and in batches.

Try actually reading their faq.

http://www.netbooknews.de/16552/pandora-open-source-gaming-handheld-geht-in-produktion/

Gruso said:
Not a media report, but good exposure. The "official" NeoGAF thread is up. :) Largely positive comments so far.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396036

Holy cow. I completely missed this since i was away for a few days and both the Neogaf thread and this thread were completely buried by the time I came back. Great work, Gruso. :)

The Neogaf Thread needs a bump, unfortunately I'm still banned... :p

i know its hella lame but i'll be doing a full review on gizmondoforums.com site still gets 14000 monthly views so why not...

Back