Mass Production, second try (2010-10-18)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, the last nubs seemed to be way better than the ones before. We got about 400K cycles (instead of the less than 100K we had on the initial ones) - and the jumping / tolerance issue should also be fixed.

This means: Mass production of the nubs is now going to start again!

According to the Nubs company, it should take about 1 week until mass production is setup and then a few thousand nubs should only take a few days.

This means that sometimes between middle and end next week, the nubs could already arrive in Texas to be soldered at the boards.

Regarding the boards, we haven't heard yet how many really are finished (their own set deadline is today, so let's hope they managed to do that!), but as soon as I know more, I'm gonna inform you.

One step closer to finally finishing Batch 1...

Gracias for the update ED - i am now focusing my superhuman powers of positive thinking on the "should" "could" & "let's hope" elements of your post.

Keep on keeping on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's happening again, but this time this is the last part that could possible have a problem so this time it will most likely happen.

EDIT: ED, why don't you post these updates on twitter anymore?

static.gif
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif

Best news I've heard all week.

Lets hope there isn't any more problems with anything that could delay me getting my pandora :p

if everything goes smoothly now then there could be a chance that batch2-ers could get theirs before christmas. keep up the good work OPT! ^_^

This is great news!

Long live Pandora. I can say first hand it will be worth the wait!

Mine get's used every single day!

According to the Nubs company, it should take about 1 week until mass production is setup and then a few thousand nubs should only take a few days.

This means that sometimes between middle and end next week, the nubs could already arrive in Texas to be soldered at the boards.
No this means that at least three weeks from now the nubs will arrive in Texas. About a week = 10-14 days, a few days = a week.

My guess: soldering the nubs onto the boards starts at November 15. Just being realistic.

No this means that at least three weeks from now the nubs will arrive in Texas. About a week = 10-14 days, a few days = a week.

My guess: soldering the nubs onto the boards starts at November 15. Just being realistic.
That could be realistic enough I imagine. Murphy's Law is good to keep in mind as well.

Things sound like they are oming along though. Well done to the team, I look forward to seeing how things go.

I will.wait and see. Not getting my hopes up. Im going out of town when my pandora is supposed to be shipped out in november/december. If its here great if not owell

Nice news. And just right after your Birthday. :)

But let's keep "cautious optimis[tic]". ;)

I say that whole heartedly cause I can't wait to get it but there are people that have been waiting over 2yrs to get there's. I fig it will b awhile so I still have my modded psp to play with till then and I might put a mod chip in it for just for fun.

Also if you want a 1nub I know craig has some. He pm'd and said he has some and was going to post it to see if people wanted 1. So pm him so he knows. If more people tell him maybe he will get them out.

Also if you want a 1nub I know craig has some. He pm'd and said he has some and was going to post it to see if people wanted 1. So pm him so he knows. If more people tell him maybe he will get them out.

i pm'd him long time ago... still no reply... T.T

I know. He never replies back. Love that bout him. You would think if people wanted a 1nub and he has them on top of knowing its out there more he would give them to us. I have people wanting this but want to see what it looks like and his it plays stuff. They don't care foe the nubs to much as I don't. Nes, snes, and psx is what I want this for. Come on craig hook us up

Back