Pandora Mame4all "new" (recompiled with gcc-4.7.1) .pnd

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
--EDIT:
Works only in Slackware.
----------------------------

I recompiled the original mame4all (little messy) sources natively under Slackware, and with a little help from a friend, i succeeded.

Of course, it also runs under Zaxxon, and you are welcome to test it:
http://slackware.ope...ll/mame4all.pnd

I don't know if it runs better because i don't know any rom that can help to compare, but it works pretty well.
You'll have to remove the original .pnd because i didn't repackaged anything yet.

Enjoy ^^.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me a few days of playing with the old MAME4All and then I'll give this a whirl, I've been playing PanMAME mainly as of late, when I'm not playing Forget Me Not or Super Geometry Dust.

And Thanks! Always like improved MAME

Yes, but seems i have a bug now.

I copied back the old mame4all to compare Rolling Thunder 2, because i think it's the first time i saw it fullspeed on OP.

Now i have a:

mame: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found

I deleted all folders but roms, and i still can't launch any game anymore with the old or the new mame4all TT.

I can confirm two things:

1- This new version runs better, Rolling Thunder 2 is not fullspeed, but far better than the old version. Gcc-4.x kicks asses.

2- The bug is the weirdest i've ever seen. I reflashed my unit, put a new card with only one rom, and mame4all old version grabbed from my repo, (checked the md5sum of the OP repo too). The old version still reports the `GLIBC_2.15' not found !!!!!!!!!!

Also, the same card works on Slackware.

I have no explanation...

The error message means that the program was linked against a newer libc6 than the one on the system - the libc is only downwards compatible and very picky about that, just like libstdc++

Ok.

So i can understand this for the new mame, but why the old also gives this message !?!?

Now i doubt that even the old mame4all works with newer firmwares.

Can someone try please ?

Well, have you put anything into the appdata of the old mame? Try to delete the appdata and anything, that is in /mnt/utmp/mame4all...

No.

I even removed all but roms folder.

Also, i created a new card from scratch, which i put in a reflashed unit.

Ok, tried on another unit the old mame4all, it does not work. The menu is ok, but games doesn't run.

Is it possible for someone to test and confirm it plz ?

Yup, it worked only once on my Zaxxon pre-1.51 (i remember now).

But i want to be sure that the old mame4all works on 1.52.

So i can't use the old mame4all, even after a reflash. The same glibc message appears.

Any idea ?

a GLIBC version issue has nothing to do with the app or the ROMs per se -- its a linking issue; assumign you built it on your machine, it shoudl run on that machine; traditionally, that issue will come when something is built on one machine, and run on another, with different incompatible ABI versions of glibc.

glibc is annoying that way.

So..

Given you're rolling your own distro, it seems very likely you botched the glibc version (ie: you probably have a newer one, so why not also include SuperZaxxon's older glibc perhaps?) .. that'd explain why an older (not built by you) version has the issue -- but I'd think you'd see it on other pnds as well.

It could perhaps be some dependancy? does mame4all depend on other lib's or some supplied .o's (that you didn't "make clean" first?), or something weird like that?

jeff

Back