Mame Gp32 1.0 Download!!!

psj3809 posted on Mar 6 2005 at 09:04 PM said:
charga_man posted on Mar 6 2005 at 06:20 PM said:
i'v downloaded some games 1 worked so far the others dont even come up :(. also it is confusing which game goes in which emu. i had to look in all my mame emus to find that the game doesnt even work :(. but hey as long as somegames work got to stay happy.

also if some one could make the games list and say which emulator the game goes in would be great. :D

How can it be confusing what games work or dont work ?

On a MAME thread he wrote the other week he had a link to his website

http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Then on his website he had this link for games....

http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/mame-gamelist.txt

I simply look on the list of games, find the filename of certain games then download/get those. Then i try it with the emulator, sometimes they work othertimes you dont (have to do that clrmame.dat thing then)

ok thnks for the info i tried the cmpro thing and am gonna try again :p

Last edited by a moderator:
GPJosh posted on Mar 6 2005 at 07:24 PM said:
I'm having trouble with battle zone (bzone.zip). Which fxe whould you play it under?

Edit: Also, does it require any other files besides bzone.zip?

You would run it under the Atari fxe.

firefly1201 posted on Mar 6 2005 at 03:13 PM said:
GPJosh posted on Mar 6 2005 at 07:24 PM said:
I'm having trouble with battle zone (bzone.zip). Which fxe whould you play it under?

Edit: Also, does it require any other files besides bzone.zip?

You would run it under the Atari fxe.
Yeah, that's what I tried at first and it still didn't seem to work. Oh well, might as well try to convert it again. ;)

Edit: It still says "Error: No games found" or something to that effect.

Gauntlet II still isn't working. Also, it isn't recognising Championship Sprint and Super Sprint.

Same file is missing. gauntlt2.6p.

Twinbee posted on Mar 6 2005 at 09:25 PM said:
Gauntlet II still isn't working. Also, it isn't recognising Championship Sprint and Super Sprint.

Same file is missing. gauntlt2.6p.

gauntlet2 didnt work for me either. :angry: i'v never played that game so i wanted to test it out.

Just to clarify, I do have all of the current Gauntlet II clones for MAME 0.93

This includes the german versions, just incase the missing file was seperated into another set.

I'm scanning using clrmamepro, latest version available on the website, and i'm both scanning and rebuilding in split sets. gauntlt2.2p seems to be recognised fine.

I know that it was said that the older classics like Galaga run at full speed with sound but I can't seem to get that. For me they still run very slow and kind of choppy at 166 FS 2. Even the simple ones like Pac-Man seem slow. Is there something that I need to set different?

Thanks

DaveC posted on Mar 6 2005 at 09:04 PM said:
I know that it was said that the older classics like Galaga run at full speed with sound but I can't seem to get that. For me they still run very slow and kind of choppy at 166 FS 2. Even the simple ones like Pac-Man seem slow. Is there something that I need to set different?

Thanks

its a blu+ thing

spaceboygp32x posted on Mar 6 2005 at 09:14 PM said:
I know that it was said that the older classics like Galaga run at full speed with sound but I can't seem to get that.  For me they still run very slow and kind of choppy at 166 FS 2.  Even the simple ones like Pac-Man seem slow.  Is there something that I need to set different?

Thanks

its a blu+ thing

I don't have a BLU+, I have a regular BLU ;)

I'm impressed with this so far, thanks for all your hard work Franxis. After fiddling around with the settings I got Pac-man, Pacman Plus and Frogger to work close to full speed.

Unfortunately, I can't get Ms. Pac-man or Jr. Pac-man (two of my favorites) to work.

Strangely however, a hack of Ms. Pac-man called mspacatk.zip or "Miss pac plus" on the working games list (which has different mazes from the original Ms. Pac-man) DID work. :huh:

I got my roms by using the mame34 dat on my mame92 set in CLRMame. That left me with about 1000 games, but I wonder if some of them have changed so much in 50 or so versions that CLRMame just can't put them back together correctly.

Other games that worked for me but ran slowly no matter what I tried were Dig Dug and Mario Bros.

BTW, I have an FLU that won't let me overclock more than 156M. If I try anything more it freezes up immediately.

Thanks again for this, overall it's great especially for the first release!

DaveC posted on Mar 6 2005 at 04:22 PM said:
spaceboygp32x posted on Mar 6 2005 at 09:14 PM said:

Thanks

its a blu+ thing

I don't have a BLU+, I have a regular BLU ;)

Hmmm... I don't know. If I could get anything running for myself at all.... :p

BTW, I'm desperate now. If anybody has a web site that supplies mame 0.34 roms or personally has a working version of Battle Zone PLEASE pm me. Thanks.

Twinbee posted on Mar 6 2005 at 10:51 PM said:
I'm scanning using clrmamepro, latest version available on the website, and i'm both scanning and rebuilding in split sets. gauntlt2.2p seems to be recognised fine.

No problems here. It runs a bit slow but is very playable :)

hepcat posted on Mar 6 2005 at 09:29 PM said:
I'm impressed with this so far, thanks for all your hard work Franxis. After fiddling around with the settings I got Pac-man, Pacman Plus and Frogger to work close to full speed.

Unfortunately, I can't get Ms. Pac-man or Jr. Pac-man (two of my favorites) to work.

Strangely however, a hack of Ms. Pac-man called mspacatk.zip or "Miss pac plus" on the working games list (which has different mazes from the original Ms. Pac-man) DID work.  :huh:

I got my roms by using the mame34 dat on my mame92 set in CLRMame. That left me with about 1000 games, but I wonder if some of them have changed so much in 50 or so versions that CLRMame just can't put them back together correctly. 

Other games that worked for me but ran slowly no matter what I tried were Dig Dug and Mario Bros.

BTW, I have an FLU that won't let me overclock more than 156M. If I try anything more it freezes up immediately.

Thanks again for this, overall it's great especially for the first release!

You may want to try Multipac for the Pacman games. They actually run FASTER at only 133 with only FS1. It seems that MAME is just too much for the GP32 to run very well, everything I tried (old games like Pac-Man) was choppy and slow. The speed of this is honestly kind of dissapointing. I would have thought old games would at least be full speed w/sound at 166. Franxis said old games are 100% speed with sound, but so far I have only reached about 80% speed at FS2 with sound for the ones that I tried.

Mr. Do! seems to run great at 133.

So I must be doing something really, really wrong then. >_<

Has anybody managed to get either Super Sprint or Championship Sprint working?

You may want to try Multipac for the Pacman games. They actually run FASTER at only 133 with only FS1. It seems that MAME is just too much for the GP32 to run very well, everything I tried (old games like Pac-Man) was choppy and slow. The speed of this is honestly kind of dissapointing. I would have thought old games would at least be full speed w/sound at 166. Franxis said old games are 100% speed with sound, but so far I have only reached about 80% speed at FS2 with sound for the ones that I tried.

Stop moaning, man!

Pac Man (Midway) is fullspeed at 133 /fs1 (it's even too fast for my taste) There must be something wrong with your GP32 or with you.

well some of the games don't work because with the new versions of MAME comign out it put some of the roms in w/ MAME like on galaga the files im missing are built into the new versions so I need to find those files

or at least thats what I think

Post edited. - Thank you all VERY much for your helpful PMs. I appreciate it.

However, I still don't understand where super sprint and championship sprint are in the fxe's... :blink:

Twinbee posted on Mar 6 2005 at 06:12 PM said:
Post edited. - Thank you all VERY much for your helpful PMs. I appreciate it.

However, I still don't understand where super sprint and championship sprint are in the fxe's... :blink:
your welcome what files you missing from those?

Back