Mame Gp32 Bad News :-(...

For what it's worth, Franxis can spend as much time etc. on what he wishes! If mame on the GP was never worked on again, it's kinda incredible what he has done. Guys like him, Reesy, Rilah, Skeezix etc (apologises for those I haven't mentioned) are what makes the GP32, without the emus we are playing D&G forever!

Go and have a nice life, we love you all!!!!!

Thankyou and good night!

(Another pointless post by Lubidog! And let's help the newbies (Like me :D ), Thanks Space, I'll buy the DVD!)

MAME is open source; GPL isn't the only open source license.. theres hundreds of them; some would argue the BSD license is a more-open license for instance. I'll have to go re-read the MAME license one day as last I checked was probably 5 or 8 years ago, but I'm sure its kocher.

Lubidog makes me think of hotdogs. Mmm, hotdogs.

jeff

Gah, this sucks. I considered sending the MAME team a long and angry letter about hypocrisy, good use of language, the fact that they could easily issue franxis' emu a temporary alternative liscence, the fact that they basically gave a student an ultimatum; risk your grade, or disappoint your community, and the fact that they've left a system without a MAME port when one is avaliable, dispite their desire to make MAME as accurate as possible on as many systems as possible.
Frankly, I'm not seeing much difference between the MAME team and the games companies that tried to stop us from downloading ROMs in the late 90s, ironic really, as their project would be nothing without ROMs to emulate.
But I seriously can't be bothered. I'd just get flamed with jargon about legality, just furthering their hypocrisy.

Chill out guys, ive been waiting for a MAME port to surface for a year now so 8 weeks is nothing to wait :) .

The binary is out there amongst us so anyone that needs it will be able to aquire it from our members, it's only 6m so is easily E-Mailed ;)

firefly1201 posted on Mar 22 2005 at 10:05 PM said:
Wait a second... what kind of an insult is 'lamer'????? :rolleyes: Anyways, we will always keep the faith strong. Believe brothers. Believe.

Being called a l4m3r is serious in the "scene". No one wants to be a l4m3r, everyone wants to be l337 :p

Last edited by a moderator:
markusdragon posted on Mar 22 2005 at 02:29 PM said:
Gah, this sucks. I considered sending the MAME team a long and angry letter about hypocrisy, good use of language, the fact that they could easily issue franxis' emu a temporary alternative liscence, the fact that they basically gave a student an ultimatum; risk your grade, or disappoint your community, and the fact that they've left a system without a MAME port when one is avaliable, dispite their desire to make MAME as accurate as possible on as many systems as possible.
Frankly, I'm not seeing much difference between the MAME team and the games companies that tried to stop us from downloading ROMs in the late 90s, ironic really, as their project would be nothing without ROMs to emulate.
But I seriously can't be bothered. I'd just get flamed with jargon about legality, just furthering their hypocrisy.

There is no "they"; "they" can't issue a tmeporary license. ie: Each dev licenses their stuff to MAME under the MAME license for the good of everyone; its donated code. Anyone who uses it must also use the MAME license, so this keeps the project public and open. However, to relicense MAME someone would have to go to every single developer to ask them.. no one person can relicense someone elses work. This also protects a project.. once you donate, you can't screw anyone or take back your code.. you've donated it and its open.

Sounds liek Haze is guilty of being rude but thats it.

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Back