Release MAME EX - Final Release

whoah, nice find.. i was trying to disable it via cli switches but i was unlucky..

Boy, i start to hate the verification-system of sdlmame.

1. Problem: Like already explained some games will not show up in mame-ex, because they are flawed and not available in better versions. Still some of them should be playable i think.

2. Games (like mslug*.zip) that are verified as good with sdlmame-0.144 on my desktop-pc are not verified as good within the sdlmame-version of mame-ex.

Annoying.

Boy, i start to hate the verification-system of sdlmame.

1. Problem: Like already explained some games will not show up in mame-ex, because they are flawed and not available in better versions. Still some of them should be playable i think.

2. Games (like mslug*.zip) that are verified as good with sdlmame-0.144 on my desktop-pc are not verified as good within the sdlmame-version of mame-ex.

Annoying.
Yeah im finding alot of neogeo and cps2 games are not listing even though they work with mame32 0.110 and106 strange!!!

First you should be sure that you use roms that fit the mame/sdlmame-version. If you then still can not ge them listed, then you can use a work-around, which i describe here. I also discovered an error in there, which i corrected now. I hope the rest is correct. Let me know if you try it and it doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, still fighting with mame ex :) . Start to enjoy your free time today and play some games on it :)

To be honest I must say that during the last years my hobby mutated from "getting games going in order to play them" to "getting software to run so i can use it some time in the future and realising that after a couple of updates everything needs to be reconfigured again due to software-/hardware-changes", which leads to the fact that am actually mostly just configuring things. :p

Nearly forgot to mention that i found out why the Terminal-disable-scrollbar-modification works:

Since the HOME-variable is changed when mame-ex is launched and since XFCE creates a "Terminal"-folder with a "terminalrc" in the HOME-directory where it stores the settings of the terminal, the changes you apply just do take effect in the environment of mame-ex. So that actually means that you can implement that folder with the rc-file in your PND and everyone will have a fullscreen without menubar and scrollbar.

Nearly forgot to mention that i found out why the Terminal-disable-scrollbar-modification works:

Since the HOME-variable is changed when mame-ex is launched and since XFCE creates a "Terminal"-folder with a "terminalrc" in the HOME-directory where it stores the settings of the terminal, the changes you apply just do take effect in the environment of mame-ex. So that actually means that you can implement that folder with the rc-file in your PND and everyone will have a fullscreen without menubar and scrollbar.

thx, ill import that to pnd (in next release).

Just wondering is there anyway too have or implement virtual memory into this build as alot of games crash at the decoding section(raiden fighters 2 ,jet space bomber and strikers 1945 3 spring to mind could this be pandora memory restrictions that cause this? maybe even use a different card slot for this so you can use any 1gb 2gb cards lying around rather than wear out your good ones?

Just wondering is there anyway too have or implement virtual memory into this build as alot of games crash at the decoding section(raiden fighters 2 ,jet space bomber and strikers 1945 3 spring to mind could this be pandora memory restrictions that cause this? maybe even use a different card slot for this so you can use any 1gb 2gb cards lying around rather than wear out your good ones?

Please use SWAP Tools PND to create virtual memory. It works with MAME EX of course. I used it for example on: Daraku Tenshi and it works.

BTW. Speaking about Daraku Tenshi: its extremelly overlooked game. Imho it is Street Fighter at its best.

Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/88M3nMb4lrw?feature=oembed

Please use SWAP Tools PND to create virtual memory. It works with MAME EX of course. I used it for example on: Daraku Tenshi and it works.

BTW. Speaking about Daraku Tenshi: its extremelly overlooked game. Imho it is Street Fighter at its best.

Take a look:

Yeah im a hugh fan of psykyo and kaneko criminally overlooked for the bigger companies at the time pity super kaneko nova hw doesnt work because of the bios issue also strange sonic wings 2 and 3 work and other neogeo games dont.

Take a look:

Is this an app as i cant seam to find it?SWAP Tools PND ive looked in gp32x and milkshakes repo and cant see it?

You have to wait till the swap file is created then you can activate the file.Easy

You have to wait till the swap file is created then you can activate the file.Easy
I have waited it says swap file created then goes back to the create activate page and when you press activate you get that message

I have waited it says swap file created then goes back to the create activate page and when you press activate you get that message
figured it out faulty sd card seams if you want to do this you need a good quality class 10 or high speed pen drive tried daraku the fallen angels,dragon blaze,strikers 1945 3 raiden fighters 2 and raiden fighters jet all work also space bomber folks try this game hillarious take on galaga also if you wish to play tate mode go into video optins and rotate view just reasign your d pad to suit works with every vertical game so far.

I have given up on mame ex,it doesn't show any roms.

it's nice to see these great games and i will just play with other emulators,i quit.

Back