Release MAME EX - Final Release

E:\pandora\appdata\mame-ex-app\roms

(I am sensing an imminent reveal of my gross ineptitude and stupidity)

E:\pandora\appdata\mame-ex-app\roms

(I am sensing an imminent reveal of my gross ineptitude and stupidity)

And you did re-scanning by clicking (Y) pandora button? and nothing shows up?

Yes. It laboriously counts up in percentages, and then presents me with the same screen I had before it started.

Yes. It laboriously counts up in percentages, and then presents me with the same screen I had before it started.

hmm, then you have uncompatible rom (*.zip). Please (for a small test) download for example cadillacs and dinosaurs from "well known rom site" and then run re-scan (Y)

Thanks ever so much for the help--I discovered the culprit. The mere presence of the BIOS files (which MAME EX does not require, as I discovered) prevents it from locating any other files. My ROMs were good, it just didn't find any because of the BIOS files.

Thanks again!

Damn so thats how large romsets dont work where is the bios files are they built in or packed in older roms?.

I installed th pnd file to pandora>menu>apps and nothing shows up,what am i doing wrong.

It doesn't show up as an emulator (at least for me) try looking in the 'other' section

It's in Games->Other. According to Streak this will be changed in some update. See here for a work-around.

@Streak: Yes, in bash. But since you probably tried this by now, that obviously didn't help.

Is there maybe for some reason something wrong with the user-right of /dev/fb1? Unlikely though since it works with your wrapper as you said.

Strange alot of games that req a bios are not listing stv titan games super kaneko nova games and neogeo are not showing but same roms work with 106?

Strange alot of games that req a bios are not listing stv titan games super kaneko nova games and neogeo are not showing but same roms work with 106?

Do you have a full 110 rom set showing up for the emu?

if so please post a .dat file for me :)

i dont actually have a full set just whats on my own mame build its got alot of missing files so id stick to earlier advice in this post as far as DAT FILES go i wouldnt know where to start.

i dont actually have a full set just whats on my own mame build its got alot of missing files so id stick to earlier advice in this post as far as DAT FILES go i wouldnt know where to start.

I used the official build .110 dat and I get mad errors when adding games , and some don't even work - Beastie Feastie , Rampart- to name a few .

I would like to see a .dat from the Mame Ex .pnd ..

Thanks for the hint with removing the bios-files. Now scanning works for me too.

@streak: You might want to add "--hide-menubar" to the line in "run.sh" that starts "terminal". Unfortunately I didn't find a way to remove the scrollbar.

Last edited by a moderator:
> Unfortunately I didn't find a way to remove the scrollbar.

Interesting: After launching mame-ex you can right-click in the terminal, go to preferences and disable the scrollbar. When you close mame-ex and open it again it still remembers the disabled scrollbar. But when i run "terminal" outside of mame-ex, then the scrollbar still is activated. Nice. I wonder where this is stored.

Back