Looking For People Interested In Creating New Www Page About Pandora

streak

Website
www.openpandora.pl
Hi

Im Looking for people interested in creating new www page about pandora. Similiar to our GP32X but much better.

Im looking mainly for writters [ to make new articles about pandora / games reviews / dev faqs / ... ]

More info on PM or my ICQ: 343099934

StreaK

StreaK said:
Hi

Im Looking for people interested in creating new www page about pandora. Similiar to our GP32X but much better.

Im looking mainly for writters [ to make new articles about pandora / games reviews / dev faqs / ... ]

More info on PM or my ICQ: 343099934

StreaK
Ask on a site for help to create a competing site? Not exactly the best idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, WHAT?!?!?,

NO WAY. There are at least 5 sites already, and this site is just a forum/community anyway. Do you expect to overshadow the site endorsed and run by the creators of the console?

So what exactly would this accomplish? Fansite, sure whatever . . . How would trying to take the community away from the developer help?

Doh! Fell for troll bait, stupid stupid stupid. Well it is a slow news day anyway, happy banning. B)

I think maybe he means a non-english site? I am not entirely sure what is going on. :unsure:

You can be sure that there will be a reviews forum once the Pandora is released.

If you really want something, I can help you set up a blog on wordpress.com.

Email me. (atomicthumbs@gmail.com)

I think you could help contribute to this site instead of trying to do another site anyway. I'm assuming that your credentials outclass that of a blog. You could also help wraggster create the Pandora arm of dcemu.co.uk.

GP32x may not be the best looking site aesthetically, but it's one of the most concrete community oriented forums/sites; this site isn't going anywhere, and it's deceptively hard to beat.

Why start something new when you could build up the one you got?

Maybe you can start an online magazine with a portal for the system to receive update issues, via RSS?

Make these forums the hub for homebrew handhelds and retro stuff. If everything is kept together more people will be concentrated in one spot and homebrew games and interest will increase. I am with Game over, improve on the solid base that we have.

atomicthumbs said:
If you really want something, I can help you set up a blog on wordpress.com.
lol talking to him like hes retarded and cant set up a blog... when did he even mention creating a blog.

I see no reason why gp32x cant coexist with other pandora websites if the pandora is big enough. Reviews/Articles that pass some sort of quality inspection could be good, the simple reviews often posted on gp32x usually look like this http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=35433. The most obvious examples of quality content that wouldn't work on gp32x because it is entirely a forum (cant really be anything more because the guy that runs the sight hardly ever seems to be on here) are hooka's interviews such as this one http://hooka.gp2x.de/2798/.

Im in this, i dont use ICQ or PM but u can contact me at: rhca.hacker4@gmail.com

The main problem with gp32x is main page. I dont have anything to forum [ coz i love it, and people who are here ]. Dont you see that gp32x.de needs to be replaced with new design / new layout and needs to be added many new stuff to make it more attractive to all [ developers / players / retrojunkies ]. I dont want to broke any community but i want to give you an alternative to the main page [gp32x.de/index.php] not to gp32x forum.

Do you think Pandora deserves 6 years old layout, big mammoth with old scripts. Its time to change it or give a way to another site to take the glove and build new site completely focused on pandora.

BTW. Isnt it funny that Koyote have news faster about gp2x than gp32x.de ? its funny because gp32x havent got any serous moderator / newsman. Even Hando seems not to be interesed gp32x.de anymore.

BTW. 2 take a look on gp32x lay and links [ GP32 GP2X News Beta Test Zone GP32 & GP2X Forums Links
GP32 Reviews GP32 Download Firmware Development GP32 F.A.Q. GP2 GP2X Download Firmware Themes Development Ultimate Links Topic ]
All of that links forwards you to forum. Theres no real page with fine quality based reviews / faqs / dev help / hardware reviews ... so so... thats why im saying pandora needs another news/all about pandora site [ not forum, let forum stays here ]

Dont you see that gp32x.de its ONLY forum with NEWS pseudo ability [ based on forum ].

Im sure that CraigX will stays on my side.

There was a time when there were three gp32 pages, and they all lived in harmony.
I wish you luck, minus that sereious mod comment... that cut deep man.

StreaK said:
The main problem with gp32x is main page. I dont have anything to forum [ coz i love it, and people who are here ]. Dont you see that gp32x.de needs to be replaced with new design / new layout and needs to be added many new stuff to make it more attractive to all [ developers / players / retrojunkies ]. I dont want to broke any community but i want to give you an alternative to the main page [gp32x.de/index.php] not to gp32x forum.

Do you think Pandora deserves 6 years old layout, big mammoth with old scripts. Its time to change it or give a way to another site to take the glove and build new site completely focused on pandora.

BTW. Isnt it funny that Koyote have news faster about gp2x than gp32x.de ? its funny because gp32x havent got any serous moderator / newsman. Even Hando seems not to be interesed gp32x.de anymore.

BTW. 2 take a look on gp32x lay and links [ GP32 GP2X News Beta Test Zone GP32 & GP2X Forums Links
GP32 Reviews GP32 Download Firmware Development GP32 F.A.Q. GP2 GP2X Download Firmware Themes Development Ultimate Links Topic ]
All of that links forwards you to forum. Theres no real page with fine quality based reviews / faqs / dev help / hardware reviews ... so so... thats why im saying pandora needs another news/all about pandora site [ not forum, let forum stays here ]

Dont you see that gp32x.de its ONLY forum with NEWS pseudo ability [ based on forum ].
Actually, I quite like GP32X's portal. It looks fine and it gets the job done. But, I see what you are saying. As long as you don't try to tread on the turf of GP32X (portal and forums) and whatever Archive we'll be using, then your site will probably turn out fine. ;)

-God Ginrai

Well, by all means make a new site. I can't see it actually replacing GP32x even a little, but I'm all for a diversified community.

For all the GP32x has a layout that's not changed pretty much since it's inception (about the only change really is the presence of the archives, and they aren't there at the moment, unless there's been a change in the last couple of minutes), there's a reason it's still going strong. And mostly, it's because of the "most recent topics" bit on the front page. I've not come across many other sites that do this, and I don't think I've seen any that do it as well as GP32x.

News is community contributed as opposed to newsman done, so it's unsurprising that other places hear about some things first - especially if the news is from Spain, in which case it'll get to GP32spain.com first, then someone'll notice it there, and *then* it'll get posted here, but won't be available until ED gets a chance to check it's real. In contrast, Kojote's site (pdroms) is moderator posted (iirc), so there's no need for news verification. So of course he gets there faster sometimes!

But I must agree that the reviews section of GP32x is pretty bad (for all that there are some great reviews there), and there are few features as such (e.g. on how to use a particular aspect of the hardware for devs, or game competitions, or similar) that take place outside the forum, which doesn't add to the professionalism here. But it does mean less work for the people who run the site - even if it also means that you're presented with a famine of plenty (all you have to do is think of a topic and post it, and anyone interested gets in on it - as opposed to relying on a moderator to do so - but that does have a tendency to mean that one simply doesn't think of anything).

The alternative is something like the GP32news model that was, or indeed, anything where the brunt of the workload is taken on by the mods/news people/etc. This method is fantastic as long as the mods check everywhere, regularly, for news to post, are good at writing, and don't lose interest (the most common thing to happen). Or, I suppose, trying to do the same as GP32x but with a spiffier interface (i.e. still community driven, but prettier). Fine in principle (for all that people aren't going to flock to it immeditately, I'd say), but in practice, I can't see the efficiency of GP32x being maintained, which is most of the attraction of it after the community's been taken into account.

Just for the record, GP32x is the only site I've check up on every time I get on the net since my discovery of it. It gets more refreshes than my inbox, more than bbc news or slashdot, more than basically anything. There's a reason for that.

nubie said:
.... Do you expect to overshadow the site endorsed and run by the creators of the console?
CraigX isnt Hando / Hando isnt CraigX. Its still Hando's site, and he seems not to be interested in maintenance it anymore [ new lay / new sections ] thats why im saying "lets change gp32x main page or create new one.

Do YOU REALLY think the www.gp32x.de is prepared to "say hello" to PANDORA ? Im sure NOT. Theres a plenty things taht need to be done before Pandora nest here [ on gp32x.de ], and everyone that thinks different im sure are wrong.

nubie said:
Doh! Fell for troll bait, stupid stupid stupid. Well it is a slow news day anyway, happy banning. B)
...yeah, whatever.

Then I think what needs to be done is too get ED (that is the person right?) to delegate tasks to dedicated people. I too was once in the position where everything came to a head in a small amount of time and if this isn't sorted out the whole thing WILL crash and burn, it did with mine and if it is the same as what Tobriand said then he needs to do something about it.

Maybe you should make a new website but instead of just doing it for the Pandora maybe have a new index page and then your dedicated Pandora page linked off of it. If you did this you could make sure everything is set out so that each handheld gets its deserved area. You can link off the GP2X and GP32 to the original pages and just focus on the Pandora.

What this does is that the open source handheld environment is contained all in the area so that all developers can concentrate on the one area.

What needs to be done is talk to ED. I don't know what he is like or anything but I'm sure that if this is all explained he would most likely agree, if it is true that he isn't spending so much time here then it is obvious that this has taken a backseat in his life (hell, it is a website, nothing more).

My two cents :p

What I think we do need is a new archive that has more features and doesn't break every 5 minutes ;)

Squidge said:
What I think we do need is a new archive that has more features and doesn't break every 5 minutes ;)
There's definitely a lot of room for improvement in the gp32x archive. Multiple/larger screenshots would be nice. And a search function that actually works.

And what was with that empty terms and conditions agreement thing that comes up for some downloads? :huh:

Back