Release Inside The Box - Anyone interested in Pandora-only Zine ?

S

StreaK

Recently i removed some dust from my old "Inside The Box" zine sources. I wonder if any of You would like to help in releasing "Inside The Box" 1st issue. [write articles // reviews // other // games // software // events]

Whats ZINE: ZINE is a digital magaZINE mainly about the demoscene and related topics [and about games / demos / and pandora releated stuff].

Old Screenshot:

intheboxalpha0020502200ab8.png

Old Topic:

http://www.gp32x.de...ne/page__st__80

If there will be a bigger demand for releasing and/or help from other people from community, i'll start updating the source of Inside The Box, and will release 1st issue.

BTW. If released it will be packed in PND [no.. no in PDF]. Real PNDish magaZINE with graphics and music..

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the cut of your jib!

I'd have started writing already, if I had a Pandora to review things with.

Love the idea of packaging it into a PND. Back issues would be a great way for new Pandora users to get up to speed.

I know I've got a lot of catching up to do when I finally get my Pandora. If I don't manage to contribute, I'll definitely be reading it!

you could have 1 PND which downloaded extra "issues" into the app data folder with a issue selector in the PND.

sounds interesting!

The basic idea behind IDB is to create a nice zine with content similar to RetroGamer, but more focused on OpenPandora so: you can write things like:

- articles about retrogaming [releated with pandora. for example pandora have atari 800 emulator, so theres no problem with writing an article about atari computers / games / new prods.. ]

- reviews [like articles, you can review all games / systems that are supported via pandora, or via emulators on pandora]

- tips and tricks [for openpandora eg: how to enable wifi from terminal .. and so on..]

- interviews [with devs from OP community or from retroscene]

- news [releated to pandora or releated to games that are playable on pandora via emulators

i need some nice [ambient-like] background music [any format -> mp3 .. mod] for ITB as well..

What ever happened to the days when you got a free disc with a demo or two on it? i miss those days. Maybe you could include a demo of something new?

What ever happened to the days when you got a free disc with a demo or two on it? i miss those days. Maybe you could include a demo of something new?

Yeah, i miss them too. I love to read old-fashioned Amiga or Atari diskmags, and just hate pdf-like/html-like magazines

Hmmm...Atari diskmags rocked. Still have some. Been looking for more. The amiga had one that had a cool drawing program that did color animation..wish i could remember the title but I haven't found another proggy like it since. I may have to go digging on mid-tour leave for it.

I say it should have a section with a .jpg image of a Sinclair Basic game for you to type in. And it needs to be a .jpg image so you can't copy and paste it or better still a "captcha" style image so you can't OCR it either! You have to type it in from scratch.

Ahhhh... *nostalgic bliss*

A serious stoke would be ir released on small SD cards with a subscription. Yeah..I know it's not practical, but you could produce a year end compilation on SD. I would so subscribe. It would be neat to have my amiga, atari, and and pandora disk mags. :blink:

Having a Pandora and absolutely loving it I would be more than happy to contribute articles and reviews for your zine. Feel free to PM me to discuss details. This is an awesome idea.

StreaK, for every issue you don't put out....a baby seal gets clubbed.

babysealr.jpg

Have a heart, save a seal! :blink:

Hey awesome idea!

I love diskmags :)

I'd like to help but really have no time on ma hands. Do we have any gfx/music people in the pand community ? (so far it seems it's mostly coders and linux fans)

If you're serious about this, you should talk with Axel/BRS (the dude behind Zine) he would probably have a tip or two about diskmag making and organization. There's also the guys at PandoraPress who're used to filter news and write articles, could be good to have them on board.

Other than that I advise you to do shorter and more frequent mags (like, bi-monthly) rather than huge ones every 2 years. Not only it keeps the news fresh and makes the mag possible to read end-to-end, but also gives you better presence, thus more visibility, thus more readers.

Oh and, as in everything else: don't try to make it 100% perfect and feature-creeped, you'll never get it done ;)

best of luck with it! I'll for sure read it/them once it's out!

I can blather on about getting Mac OS 7.6.1 up and running with networking and then trolling people in #openpandora about how awesome Mac OS is!

I remember something similar to this years ago called Playstation Underground, where it was a digital magazine that came out quarterly that you viewed from your PS1, it had a bunch of interviews with game designers, it showed off the technology behind the PS1 and even had a bunch of demos for upcoming titles!

I'd like to help contribute an article or two to the ezine per month if you guys are looking for something to entice readers with, just let me know! =)

Oh, well. I didnt received any articles since 2 months so for now ITB is frozen and release time is set to unknown.

Oh, well. I didnt received any articles since 2 months so for now ITB is frozen and release time is set to unknown.

Umm... did you ever request any?

I mentioned above I'd love to help out and write some as well, but I never got any further information...

Ugh, i didnt noticed Your post.

BTW. I made an info in #4 post what articles / things i'll need to complete first issue of ITB.

Back