Release Inside The Box - Anyone interested in Pandora-only Zine ?

Anyone writing an article, if you can look to start sending them across as soon as possible, that would be great.

I'm currently moving into a new home; so time is even more limited as usual, but I'll try.

I already started :)

The URL to the zine will be released on Weds 1st Feb. If anybody has anything they would still like to contribute, please get in touch ASAP.

A small sneek preview of what is comming in 1st issue.

01.png

http://repo.openpand...nsidethebox-app

Nice thing is, i dont really need any OP community contribution to the project, so there will be no begging for articles or reviews. I already solved this issue, so sit back and relax.. and wait for 1st issue in June..

Of course if You really want to contribute some article.. you're free to do so..

Why 2 versions of ITB on the boards? Huh, its hard to explain. Originally ITB was my child, but i tried to give him to adoption, that doesnt work so far [thats why You had 2 issues of HTML version of ITB], so i take him, and help him to grow in the way i feel it should be [E-Zine with music and stand alone application]..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a dilema with music right now. What music would you like to listen in ITB:

(1) Ambient with D'n'B elements -> Especially created for ITB [sic!] :) [Four tracks of fresh stuff]

(2) Remixes of old school gaming hits -> for example remix of last ninja 3 [Four tracks of remixes]

(3) Mix of 1 and 2 option [Two tracks of (1) and two tracks of (2)]

Hmm, collision; give it away, now come back, doh :)

ItB Web Edition run by pmprog, and

ItB Pandora Edition by you?

Running both (under same name) might be confusing however, if they have different content.

Ideally both projects can work together, be one project; two projects of the same name might get messy, or forking the web one to another name is another option. Or killing one if one dominates (by getting a pile of content or whatever.)

Obviously, the web edition has gone on (with your blessing) so the name is in use there. Going back to doing it on pandora complicates things perhaps, if thr web edition wants to keep existing and you pop out a pandora-only one. (well okay, admittedly, not a lot of content on the web edition, but its still a work in progress :)

Maybe ItB pandora edition would be issue 3, and then the next one (web or pandora) would be issue 4? Or lock-step, alternate issues by platform .. odd issues one side, even the other? I dunno, I'm sleepy :) (and apparently grumpy, from the other thread..)

Or sync up .. issue 3 have the same articles for both pandora and web? Strikes me as the most ideal option .. get your fix on either location, and get the whole meal.

Or is it just a mess :)

BeefStreaK -- what do you recommend as cleanest step forward for both projects?

Content in a standard format, and then a scrtipt that generates the pnd or web edition from it, woudl be ideal and not too hard I imagine..

jeff

Ideal for me would be joining forces into PND version, but the best time for it would be in july [issue 2], since ITB PND June [issue 1] Edition is almost finished now.. [it needs a small last polish with interview].

Sounds good to have both versions working together, the best of both worlds, would there be any way to get the current web versions back dated in a PND? or would you rather skip that and just combine after this?

Time to open the polls again .. does it need a web and pnd version both or just one?

As I mentioned, I think it'd be not too hard to make both, if theres a standard for article markup, but whatever.

jeff

I'd like the PND version just for how good it looks on the Pandora, the Web version would be for those without, I reckon it'd really help with people who are either dubious about buying a Pandora, or for just viewing on a phone or whatever when away.

As for the music by the way, what about using sources from OCRemix.org? they have some seriously good stuff and it's all video game related.

Otherwise I choose option 3 with a mix of ambient video game music :)

You could use the website do download the content from for the pnd frontend. Like this, even updates would be possible like this.

You could use the website do download the content from for the pnd frontend. Like this, even updates would be possible like this.

Firsty i would like to see what reception and support for ITB will be given after release of 1st issue.

Im afraid downloading the content via OP will not be a good idea having in mind that many OP users dont have wifis [it was revealed when i released SPM, mny people didnt have net connection in their Pandas].

..would there be any way to get the current web versions back dated in a PND? or would you rather skip that and just combine after this?

It just depends from original authors of articles from ITB HTML version. They given the permission to use it in HTML format-only

As for the music by the way, what about using sources from OCRemix.org? they have some seriously good stuff and it's all video game related.

Otherwise I choose option 3 with a mix of ambient video game music :)

Yeah. Im gathering various permissions for music. Id might check few tracks from OCRemix then. Any personal fav"s?

..would there be any way to get the current web versions back dated in a PND? or would you rather skip that and just combine after this?

It just depends from original authors of articles from ITB HTML version. They given the permission to use it in HTML format-only

Well I think most would give their permission. I for one allow redistribution of my article just as long as it's ok with pmprog too.

Back