Possible Ports Of Independent Games

If Alawar is the creator of either Fez or Cortex Command, then yes. Otherwise no :p what game do they make?

Great thread you guys. I think I might send out some emails as well. I'm glad to see that so many developers are open for the pandora (hehe)

Soulkiller said:

<snip>
Our porting guy just completed a universal binary Mac port of Cortex Command, so I’m guessing it would be easy enough to get it ported to Pandora as well. At first glance it seems the hardware should be able to handle it.
<snip>
PS, I also sent a notice out to a private mailing list of indie game devs about the project, so many of the developers mentioned in your forum thread now know about you too ;)
Not only is it nice to know someone is interested but that notice he sent out to other devs could prove to be really useful.

Nice one Soulkiller. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent a request out to the 2D Boy, the makers of World of Goo.

I also THINK I found a way to get a hold of Jonathon Blow, the maker of Braid. You have no idea how hard it is to get a hold of that man, luckily after enough searching I found that Gamasutra did an article on him near the beginning of august and he was talking to everyone in the comments. I just posted another comment and told him to try and contact me at my e-mail. I'm praying that either
1. He see's the comment and e-mails me
2. Someone who knows how to get a hold of him see's my comment and tells me

Come on people, If I can get all these dev's to talk to me with a little effort and an e-mail, imagine if we all pitched in! Lets stop making pointless threads talking about Pandora and actually DO something to help its development

did you make sure to leave enough information? Generally I wouldn't contact someone just because he tells me to. Especially not if they want something from me, though he might feel differently about the subject if you explained that you couldn't find any way to contact him properly

After more digging around I found the developer of Crayon Physics Deluxe, Petri Perho's e-mail address.

If you guys want to try contacting him, his e-mail is petri.purho [at] gmail.com

Here's the gamasutra article. My comment is at the bottom, forgive my horrible wording, I submitted it without checking my grammar. I did say that I couldn't find a way to contact him.

Soulkiller said:
After more digging around I found the developer of Crayon Physics Deluxe, Petri Perho's e-mail address.

If you guys want to try contacting him, his e-mail is petri.purho [at] gmail.com
Ok I will try that email. I tried adding him to msn a few days ago but nothing happened.

BRB, going to go email him right now

OMG I think I found Jonathan Blows e-mail! (Briad Dev) I did a whois lookup of his website and it looks like I found it!

jonathan.blow (at) gmail.com

I just sent him an e-mail as well, hopefully I'll get a response ^.^

Sorry for double post.

Just got an e-mail back from Petri Purho (Crayon Physics deluxe)

Unfortunately it looks like a no go for him

Hey Adam,

thanks for contacting and expressing interest. I'm currently really
busy trying to make the PC / Windows version of the game done. After
it's out I'll look into the possibility of porting it to other
devices.

Petri

Oh well, we still have others to try!

I contacted grubby-games, the dev's of prof. fizzwizzle and fizzball. Ryan Clark seems to like the pandora and was very polite, but argumented that they have a fixed resolution of 800x600 and as they don't use openGL rescaling wasn't possible either.
I thought about it and came up with a possibility to run fizzball at 800x480 without having to rescale anything.
They answered they were to busy and a port to pandora doesn't seem profitable enough at the moment. So - no startup title, but if pandora is succesful enough, they might consider porting it.

A dev of ZeroGear answered about the same way Petri answered about a Crayon Physix Deluxe-port - windows is current priority and they don't even know if they will support any other plattform (A shame as you consider they use only open-source frameworks with perfect linux and even openGL ES-compatibilitiy, but still I must mention, he was very friendly).

Great work, Soulkiller.
Contacted Jonathan blow over this and 2-3 other email-adresses i found or made up, 2 days ago. No response till now, but you seem to be luckier :)
As stated above, I contacted the Gish dev's and they seemed at least a little interested. Another one asking might help a lot and I would be very interested in their current "status" - don't want to bother them with asking for an update :D

I allready wrote (Mail & contact formular) to the guys who developed "Gish" and now "Gish 2". At first they wanted to know, how much money we will give them, if they made a port of their games for the Pandora. After I explained that we wouldn`t pay any money for just a port and then buy the game again, they agreed. Edmund said we should contact them if the Pandora is finish, so they will take a look at her by themselves.

Moreover I allready asked a few Independet Game Developer (before the Thread were opened :p ), cause I thought most of them would understand us (as a Indipendet Device/Gamehandheld). And as it looks they do:

Boingo
Site: http://boingo.se
Infos: Boingo is the first "big" project of the "Pirate Cats Creation Team", a young swedish game development team. They won with Boingo some awards in the Independent Swedish Game Competetion 2008. This is not just a cool, innovativ (fast in different angles/meanings), high quality project, but more a great work of a great team which will do some awesome things in the future (currently they work on a private project of some kids game).
Status: I contacted them (E-Mail) and they are are interested in the Pandora. They already thought about a Handheld for Boingo (hopefully I convinced them to choose Pandora :rolleyes: ). After the first Messages (I explained the Open Source chracter but said at the same time it would be great if some commercials would support the Pandora, they asked more about the project; if it will be rentabel for a little Independet Team, how their game would be sold, how much would a license cost etc.) I wait everyday for news of them.
=> Positive - still waiting

Magicka
Site: http://www.magicka.se
Infos: What, multiplayer game in which you fight against monsters ? You got nice spells/skills and the chance to collect items for your character ? Then you don't need Diablo 1/2/3 anymore, you got Magicka :p
This is also a game of a swedish Game Development Team (Arrowhead) which won some awards and so got some public credit.
Status: I wrote them (E-Mail) and they are realy interested in the Pandora project (like the Pirate Cat Team/Boingo). Their current main goal is "microsofts "dream build play" competition" in the september. After that, they will use their time to finish Magicka (and make it run on different systems) :lol:
=> Positive - still waiting

Wind & Water
Site: http://www.wind-water.net
Infos: Who don't know the well know game by Yuan Works ? The Puzzle Game who got a symbol for good commercial games at the GP2X. Nowadays they released a enhanced Dreamcast version of the game with additional stuff. Perhaps they could make a port of this new version for the Pandora too (including a new personal avatar submission) :)
Status: I contacted them (E-Mail + Formular) but they didn't answered. Hopefully they will find some time or any of you guys know one of them better/has a private adress of them ;)
=> Negativ - still waiting or finding another way for contacting them

Now here a few interesting games, which should be considered (I asked but the Mails turned back, cause their E-Mail adress were old or full):

=> Cannon Battle (*click*)
=> Switching Gears (*click*)

@Soul Killer:

Gratz for finding Jonathans E-Mail Adresse (couldn't find it and my message at his blog was errased after 2 Days), but do you realy think that Petris Message is a "no go" ?
What he wrote is great, it said he cant do it now, cause he is busy right at the moment. So when he got some time he will see if a port of "Cryon Physics Deluxe" (which is't released) would be good for him or not.
you should consider that this is just "another" way for the developers to destribute their games, not "the" one and only or nether the main way.
If you mention that the Pandora will need at least 2-3 months is this statement great (perhaps you should remind him after a release of the game and the pandora) B)

@conso:
It would be great if you could edit the start post and make a actual list with the status (if they are allready contacted by one) of each interesting game/development team :lol:

Soulkiller said:
Sorry for double post.

Just got an e-mail back from Petri Purho (Crayon Physics deluxe)

Unfortunately it looks like a no go for him

Hey Adam,

thanks for contacting and expressing interest. I'm currently really
busy trying to make the PC / Windows version of the game done. After
it's out I'll look into the possibility of porting it to other
devices.

Petri
Oh well, we still have others to try!

At least he said he will look into maybe doing a port at a latter date. So it not a total loss. But still I'm kinda bummed about that.

Hawkey said:
@conso:
It would be great if you could edit the start post and make a actual list with the status (if they are allready contacted by one) of each interesting game/development team :lol:
I wanted to do this, but it seems like soulkiller already did this in an additional thread - too late ;)

I have contacted Tiki games because of their PSP RTS project that they had to put on hold, but am not hoping too much about their reaction.

N might be doable, I Heard that updated versions have been made and sold for the PSP and DS

I would love to see I Wanna be the guy ported, but I have serious doubts about it being usable on the Pandora.

Back