London riots!

I wholeheartedly agree with zxdunny. While I don't agree with the actions of the rioters and looters, this problem was created by everyone.

The only solution I can see to this is a more forward thinking social government. Many of the lowest classes are left without jobs, educations, or even incentives to obtain either of the two. In our current society, the demand for workers without educations is continually decreasing. This decrease has been inadvertently caused by those with the highest wealth trading in their lower positions for machinery or outsourcing. While this should allow corporations and ALL the middle/upper classes to increase profits, it has also left many jobless.

The solution would be to craft a system where an education is it's own incentive, freely available to all. It would also mean strict regulation of benefits given to those in the underclass. Benefits should be given, but not if the person refuses to make an effort to work or obtain an education. This system would cost everyone, especially those who profited from taking away jobs in the first place, lots of money. Money for all of the required bureaucracy as well as the benefits given to those who deserve them. I believe many would refuse the necessary cost, making undesirable results such as this almost unavoidable.

EDIT: for grammar. And also, sorry if I make this all sound easy or obvious or holier-than-thou. I just feel there should be a simple, peaceful way around all these problems. Unfortunately that solution just makes me sound like a communist or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that's a good idea. Getting the higher-ups to adopt it would probably be the harder part.

I hope that this trouble will finally show the world that this country has gone to shit. I hope with all my heart that people from the outside looking in will see this trouble and think twice about coming here thinking it will be an easy life.

As anyone with eyes can see, the majority or the trouble makers are not English, do not consider themselfs to be English, and would complain that you offended them if you called them English.

What people from other parts of the world do not realise, is that this is the majority of people in London. Come here and see if you don't believe me. Immigration, in this country that I used to love needs to be controlled. The govenment refuse to do it, so hopefully this will put people off from coming in the first place.

Hello

Bit confused here, your info states that you reside in Wiltshire, and then profess to know all about London, sorry but

it is not the majority, in fact believe it or not it is still the minority.
I was born in London. Hounslow to be exact. Go there, and you will see.

Even in the 1980's I was the only English boy in my primary school class. Do not tell me about my home town. Look at the areas where the trouble is happening. If you know London, you will know the minorities are the majorities there.

If you know London, you will know the minorities are the majorities there.

I was raised in an area with few of the minorities, but now live in a community where Somali immigrants are the overwhelming majority. I agree that integration is very difficult, but I love where I live and believe that with the right atmosphere and attention minorities are far from a bad thing.

EDIT: Removed quotes, as I keep making myself sound like a douche.

And since I haven't said it yet: Everyone over there, please stay safe. I stand with anyone who's intentions remain selfless and free of hate.

I hope that this trouble will finally show the world that this country has gone to shit. I hope with all my heart that people from the outside looking in will see this trouble and think twice about coming here thinking it will be an easy life.

As anyone with eyes can see, the majority or the trouble makers are not English, do not consider themselfs to be English, and would complain that you offended them if you called them English.

What people from other parts of the world do not realise, is that this is the majority of people in London. Come here and see if you don't believe me. Immigration, in this country that I used to love needs to be controlled. The govenment refuse to do it, so hopefully this will put people off from coming in the first place.

Hello

Bit confused here, your info states that you reside in Wiltshire, and then profess to know all about London, sorry but

it is not the majority, in fact believe it or not it is still the minority.
I was born in London. Hounslow to be exact. Go there, and you will see.

Even in the 1980's I was the only English boy in my primary school class. Do not tell me about my home town. Look at the areas where the trouble is happening. If you know London, you will know the minorities are the majorities there.

Hello

Yes I agree some parts are where they are the majority, but you made it sound like like the whole of London.

I was born in Lambeth, brought up till 7 in Brixton, then moved to Tooting, then moved to just outside what is classed as London down the road from the

olympic stadium, and your trying to tell me about London :p

^^ So you agree then?

If you know London, you will know the minorities are the majorities there.

I was raised in an area with few of the "minorities", but now live in a community where Somali immigrants are the overwhelming majority. I agree that integration is very difficult, but I love where I live and believe that with the right atmosphere and attention "minorities" are far from a bad thing.
I know they will be a hard questions for you to answer but... How many of these Somali immigrants are working? How many of their children are they claiming benefits for? The benefit system is being abused by people wanting an easy life with the taxes that I pay. We have a hard enough time dealing with the chav invasion...

I work as a Nurse in the local hospital, so I get to see first hand the problems that immigration and benefit fraud brings - and it's not what you would expect.

Most of the A&E admissions are due to clashed between the local immigrants and the local English yobs. Due to job shortages, there are often fights breaking out, but the English only have themselves to blame - they claim there's no jobs, and that the jobs that are available go to immigrants. And this is true. Local employers will now always favour immigrants because they work whereas getting the English yobs to even turn up on time is a bit of a gamble. They just do not want to work :(

The end result is a large percentage of folks that have lived here for generations that find it increasingly hard to get work - and the vast majority of those people don't want to work which makes it worse for those that do.

We desperately need to fix the attitudes of the current generation, because if we don't they'll keep rioting and misbehaving :(

D.

All the fault of the benefit system...

[Edit] To clarify. Why would you want to work if you get paid for not working?

Also, the immigrant communities come here knowing they get money for nothing.

I know they will be a hard questions for you to answer but... How many of these Somali immigrants are working? How many of their children are they claiming benefits for? The benefit system is being abused by people wanting an easy life with the taxes that I pay. We have a hard enough time dealing with the chav invasion...

And I wish I could answer that with facts or figures, but I can't without several days research. I volunteer with the children fixing bikes and teaching bicycle repair. My friends volunteer with the parents teaching English. Whether they hold jobs or not, many have the desire to integrate, work, and at least self-sustain.

There are certainly a given number who benefit from the system, but when it comes down to it they really just want to get their children an education and a chance at a livable future. I've seen how they interact with their children, and ensuring that they go to school and behave properly is by far their largest concern. I wouldn't be surprised if many don't work for themselves, as we don't have many opportunities for them. However, I've seen what many of them live off of and it isn't all that much.

All we can really do is try to raise the next generation in a way that will assure them living wages and a chance to contribute to society later.

I actually worry less about the future of our immigrant population and more about our own native people. Many of the homeless, strung out, defeated people in my area are natives. Perhaps since our true majorities were once immigrants themselves, many indigenous people have been forgotten.

This thread moves too fast, so this deserves it's own post:

In response to "Why work if you get paid for not working?"

"If there aren't enough jobs and no means of sustaining those excess folk who wind up without jobs. Why not resort to common thievery?"

Either way this sort of thing will happen. The only solution is to promote education of future generations and minimize the number of people who live off of other people's loss.

This thread moves too fast, so this deserves it's own post:

In response to "Why work if you get paid for not working?"

"If there aren't enough jobs and no means of sustaining those excess folk who wind up without jobs. Why not resort to common thievery?"

Either way this sort of thing will happen. The only solution is to promote education of future generations and minimize the number of people who live off of other people's loss.

I take it that means a cull on investment bankers and politicians there
wink.gif

It seems to me that people and governments have some problems which each other now...

Have we ever seen so many people protesting, demonstrating and rioting as in the past five years?

Paris, France 2007: Suburb riots of young people

29073-234149_FRANCE_VIOLENCE__CAM104.jpg

rp-online.de

Madrid, Spain 2011: People demonstrate against unemployment and the government's economic policy

image-216289-galleryV9-ykec.jpg

spiegel.de

Tel Aviv, Israel 2011: People demonstrate against high living costs

%7B28B6CA7F-412A-424E-A8F1-88A392D5F383%7DPicture.jpg

faz.net

Santiago de Chile, 2011: Students protest against high education costs and social disparities

01_RTR2PMDG.jpg

zeit.de

Athens, Greece 2011: People demonstrate against unemployment, high living costs and the government's economic policy

griechenland_24820904originallarge-4-3-800-94-0-3406-2483.jpg

n24.de

London, United Kindom, 2011: Riots of young people

london2_7jpg_fullSize_1.11842631.1312883223.jpg

nzz.ch

Minsk, Belarus 2011: Protests against the last European dictator

2011-06-22T184622Z_01_BTRE75L1G5C00_RTROPTP_2_OUKWD-UK-BELARUS-PROTESTS.JPG

swissinfo.ch

Istanbul, Turkey 2011: Journalists protest against inprisonment of critical journalists

hundreds-of-turkish-journalists-protest-crackdown-2011-03-13_l.jpg

hurriyetdailynews.com

Stuttgart, Germany 2010: People protest against new train station...

-stuttgart-21-die-polizei-setzt-in-stuttgart-wasserwerfer-gegen-demonstranten-ein-foto-dapd-.jpg

t-online.de

Cairo, Egypt 2011: Protest against the Mubarak system

Img_16_9_680_Mideast-Egypt-ABC205.jpg9094831039416261450.jpg

n-tv.de

The photos look very similar to each other..

EDIT:

LATEST: A police station in Nottingham has been firebombed by a group of 30 to 40 men, Nottinghamshire Police have said.

Back