London riots!

It's like the paris riots or the L.A. riots in 92 we even had some car burnings in the suburb ondiep in the netherlands.

I heard london police doesnt even have watercanons, wtf?

Hello

We have them, but this government we have now expects the ordinary person to go out and sort it out, that was said

on TV here this morning by the governments totaly useless home secretary. Even one of her own said she was useless

in what she said.

They seem to think that by telling them what they do is wrong and stay indoors is going to stop them.

The government we have at the moment are a bunch of chinless wonders with more money than sense and are so far removed

from real people they have absolutely no idea how to deal with the problems.

Get rid of all the do gooders, and let the police do what they need to do to clean up the streets, because at the moment if the police do

go in hard, the do gooders all jump up down saying you cannot do that to the poor misguided youths.

Damn... so folks who don't want to work but want to own everything the other people worked for are now damaging shops and therefore hurting the hard-working people.

That is so sad...

Hello

You got it in one.

Hello

We have them, but this government we have now expects the ordinary person to go out and sort it out, that was said

on TV here this morning by the governments totaly useless home secretary. Even one of her own said she was useless

in what she said.

They seem to think that by telling them what they do is wrong and stay indoors is going to stop them.

The government we have at the moment are a bunch of chinless wonders with more money than sense and are so far removed

from real people they have absolutely no idea how to deal with the problems.

Get rid of all the do gooders, and let the police do what they need to do to clean up the streets, because at the moment if the police do

go in hard, the do gooders all jump up down saying you cannot do that to the poor misguided youths.

you've hit the nail on the head there!

Damn... so folks who don't want to work but want to own everything the other people worked for are now damaging shops and therefore hurting the hard-working people.

That is so sad...

That (despite what some 'social commentators' are trying to argue) is it in a nutshell.

I heard on TV that London is running out off space in jails, my first thought was "I guess they still have space in hospitals". I think that heavy force should have been used long time ago...

agreed heavy force is the ideal solution for the opportunist scum which have to the streets oportunist looting. However in britain nower days that would require calling a state of emergency which the goverment will hold off for as long as they possibly can. And our army has been slashed to 80,000 the smallest since WWII and due to lay offs and redundancys over the last year and a half, and only around 50/60% of those 80,000 will be actual combat trained soldiers and the majority of those are currently abroad in afghan, iraq and a few others territories we entered over the years. And in calling a state of emergency your inforcing cerfuse and having every member of the public put at risk and treated like a third class citizen.

The best your gonna get is the water cannons shipped over from ireland and some tear gass. i recogn they should use a dick load of fire engines to blast the crap out of them too.

I am still amazed thet there is not a large enough police armed response unit that could have been assembled earlier on with none leathal guns

also our jails have been extremely overloaded for the last 5 years its impossible to get aressted and convicted for a lenghy period of time for a while. which is half of the problem aswell

e.g. theres a lad that lives in my town that nicked a car and only got fined, then nicked a second car and got a fine plus 3 months, nicked another car and get 3 months and fined again. and just keeps coming out the nick then going back in shortly after its fucking rediculous.

Hello

Typical internet shite, London it NOT in ruins, it is isoloated small areas, the media makes

it look like the whole of London is burning, well it is not.

I was just posting a live stream. Sorry Im apparently constantly offending you, its not my intention.

Hello

No offence taken at all, just correcting the things you are reading and posting, it all gives people the wrong idea.

Typical internet shite, London it NOT in ruins, it is isoloated small areas, the media makes it look like the whole of London is burning, well it is not.

True its confined to small isolated area, however do you not find it slightly concerning that the mighty london police force equipt to deal with anything and our all strong coalition government have not been able to deal with these incidents. whats the point of having roit control squads if everyone incharge pussy foots around having to make the decision to knock a few idiots back to reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typical internet shite, London it NOT in ruins, it is isoloated small areas, the media makes it look like the whole of London is burning, well it is not.

True its confined to small isolated area, however do you not find it slightly concerning that the mighty london police force equipt to deal with anything and our all strong coalition government have not been able to deal with these incidents. whats the point of having roit control squads if everyone incharge pussy foots around having to make the decision to knock a few idiots back to reality.

Hello

Agree.

There are major 'cultural' sensitivities to think of!

The best your gonna get is the water cannons shipped over from ireland and some tear gas

Irish coppers won't give up their water cannons during the marching season thats for sure, I believe they've been busy with them quite recently.

@EvilDragon some guy shot a police officer who died, in retaliation the police shot and killed the gang member and then everyone went skitz, or at least thats what I heard.

What happened was a known coke dealer was murdered by the police. He was carrying a weapon, but there is currently no evidence that he fired it (he had it hidden in a sock). Two shots were fired by the police. A bullet was found lodged in a policeman's radio, but has been found to have been fired by the police themselves.

The problem was that the police refused to talk to the family about why they shot the guy. The family organised a peaceful protest outside the police station, which quickly turned ugly when outsiders - that is, people with no actual interest in the event - turned up and started burning things. What followed that was widespread rioting and looting.

The rioters and looters belong, as has been explained in this thread, to the underclass - a class that has been growing without check for the past couple of decades. These people have nothing, but are constantly told by media and marketers that they have to have nice things. They can't have them, and with the current economic situation there's no way they'll ever be able to afford them. Yes, they generally refuse to get jobs - but there's also a problem that in the areas they inhabit there's no jobs available. They have been ignored for a long time, and they've been getting more and more angry at society at large, blaming them for their problems. "Community workers" have been targeting them specifically, reinforcing their status as the underclass.

These people have no political goal in mind, in fact they have no mind to speak of, they have just all of a sudden let their anger take flight and this is the result. They have little to no education, and no clue as to what the results of their actions would be. You cannot reason with them, and now they've started fighting. I wouldn't be surprised if they start fighting amongst themselves.

So in a way, Craig (and others) are right - they're antisocial little oiks that contribute nothing and care for nobody but themselves. But it should be borne in mind that at worst, we created this class and at best we ignored their development.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of anything we might have done differently that would have reduced this threat - and we're certainly far too late to do anything about it now. They're everywhere.

D.

Hello

They were fighting amongst themselves last night.

In one town looters leaving a store with their stolen items were being mugged by the

people outside for the stuff they had stolen, respect bro, LMAO.

Karl Marx must be spinning in his grave.

"No, this is NOT what I had in mind!"

I think it's generally a problem that there aren't much jobs for "less educated people" in modern western industrial societies anymore.

100 years ago those kind of people were needed at factories or to help unloading sailships at the harbour. Nowadays you have factories full of robots or container ships unloaded efficiently by special cranes. You need skilled and smart people who can program a factory robot or control a container crane... The "raw manual workforce" "underclass" people could provide is not needed anymore. The harbour workers of the 1950s and 1960s have been fired and now their grandchildren don't have any idea what to do with their lifes. Their families never paid much attention to higher education and their unemployed parents failed as a role model. Now you get a kind of "angry young men" effect. Young men without job and money don't have much to lose, a fact they want to change. In history they often have been the driving force behind revolutions.

I think in London its similar: young man who feel useless, desperately trying to get a piece of the wealth cake. Because of a lack of education they express their protest with violence.

For GB there might be some aspects which could have inflamed the sitaution...

-less controlled immigration from the former British colonies?

-the role of the radical left-wing extremist scene within these riots?

-Thatcherism of the 80s - with all it abrupt transitions and antisocial quotations ("there is NO such thing like society" etc.)

-current economy crisis

I hope that this trouble will finally show the world that this country has gone to shit. I hope with all my heart that people from the outside looking in will see this trouble and think twice about coming here thinking it will be an easy life.

As anyone with eyes can see, the majority or the trouble makers are not English, do not consider themselfs to be English, and would complain that you offended them if you called them English.

What people from other parts of the world do not realise, is that this is the majority of people in London. Come here and see if you don't believe me. Immigration, in this country that I used to love needs to be controlled. The govenment refuse to do it, so hopefully this will put people off from coming in the first place.

I hope that this trouble will finally show the world that this country has gone to shit. I hope with all my heart that people from the outside looking in will see this trouble and think twice about coming here thinking it will be an easy life.

As anyone with eyes can see, the majority or the trouble makers are not English, do not consider themselfs to be English, and would complain that you offended them if you called them English.

What people from other parts of the world do not realise, is that this is the majority of people in London. Come here and see if you don't believe me. Immigration, in this country that I used to love needs to be controlled. The govenment refuse to do it, so hopefully this will put people off from coming in the first place.

Hello

Bit confused here, your info states that you reside in Wiltshire, and then profess to know all about London, sorry but

it is not the majority, in fact believe it or not it is still the minority.

Back