Bittorrent

DemonStar55

chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai
Website
demonstar55.phpnet.us
well i got sad when I found this out good thing their only getting sued by the MPAA good thing I don't DL lots of movies

well it started happenign like a few weeks ago I think

so far suprnova.org is down
youceff is down
those are the only ones I used that got shut down

lokitorrent is getting sued right now

isoHunt will probably stay up

puntorrents had a little scare because one of the members of Fat Wrecks was trying to get them to take off some torrents around the same time this started

so whats your view on all these bittorrent sites getting shut down?
isoHunt news Dec. 15 said:
A series of news on BitTorrent / eDonkey crackdown:

- MPAA targetting BitTorrent servers
We've been emailed a cease & desist letter from them, with a "sample" of infringing links. We are in the process of working this out with them, as per our copyright policy.
- Youceff shutdown (Updated)
Crackdown is really heating up worldwide (their servers were in France)
- ShareConnector shutdown
Along with some other eDonkey verified link sites.
- A list of affected BitTorrent and eDonkey sites
- Adding to the list, Suprnova.org just announced permanent close down along with TorrentBits

This begs the question of why are copyright owners so bent on shutting things down, when resources can be better spent on embracing new technologies instead. The movie studios sued Sony on VCRs once and failed, and home videos are now a big business. With the Grokster / Streamcast case going to the US Supreme Court, one can only hope that history do repeat itself for P2P. If not... what's the point of the internet again?

iTunes has proven that selling digital media over the internet can be a success. Shouldn't the same happen to TV and movies now?

Last edited by a moderator:
meh, it happens.

the only thing that worries me though is that at present i'm not seeing anything coming to the fore to replace it, when napster went winmx and kaaza appeared, as they went down edonkey got insanely popular, that subsided to be replaced more by BT, i'm thinking DC++ could be the new black when it comes to p2p, i'll always have edonkey though. that thing has everything!

It's a good thing. Now all you moronic kids can't download teh filez anymore. Public file sharing like that is a disease.

It's virtually impossible to completely close down filesharing. With a little interest in this kind of thing you can basically get whatever you want.

Me and several of my friends are upset with the closure of Suprnova. I'm just glad the tracker I visit most often is still up and running.

P.S. The RIAA and The MPAA can both burn in ****

Me and several of my friends are upset with the closure of Suprnova. I'm just glad the tracker I visit most often is still up and running.

P.S. The RIAA and The MPAA can both burn in ****
HOW DARE THEY DEFEND THEIR PROPERTY! HOW DARE THEY! LONG LIVE STEALING! LONG LIVE STEALING!

Thats what I want. UNDERGROUND sharing of files. I hate very obvious publicly shared warez.

haha, you are so l33t

what difference does it honestly make when file sharing is underground as opposed to available to all
The more public = more idiots downloading things for free instead of buying things = more problems for business = the more money spent on this crazy witchhunt = annoying as hell.

Thats what I want. UNDERGROUND sharing of files. I hate very obvious publicly shared warez.

haha, you are so l33t

what difference does it honestly make when file sharing is underground as opposed to available to all
The more public = more idiots downloading things for free instead of buying things = more problems for business = the more money spent on this crazy witchhunt = annoying as hell.

i stand corrected

give yourself another l33t point

I download all my media, but does this mean anyones losing out? No... because firstly I wouldnt buy it as I never have enough money... 20 quid for 4 episodes of anime; fuck off. Secondly do you play roms on your GP32... yes? Did you rip them yourself... no? Then in the laws eyes its just as bad.

I dont care tho... im poor. Ah well back to lokitorrent^

^mufftorrent.

ps: rant was shit.. im no good at these.

x

Back