Future Of The Gaming Community...

TJFBryant

Island Man with Pandora in my pocket
Ok fellas,
I have been a member of this site since the beginning, I have watched this community turn from one manner of beast to another. Though I have been away for a while I always watched with a close eye and seen what kind of CRAP people have started and finished.

Now I am not one to rant, I never have in this forum, and I will try to keep my temper to a minimum, but I would like to explain to you all what I have seen through the past years.

Putting reasons aside and excuses and the sudden departure of well respected Devs for the GP32.
This is what I have to say.

When this forum was comprised of only 200 or so members. We were a close knit community who enjoyed sharing and chatting about this handheld which was versatile and had so much potential you couldn't count the amount of things it could (and still can) accomplish.
We had a Britsh Meet Up and other Euro meet ups which spawned new interest and a deeper admiration for everyone who was intrigued by this little white handheld.

As the interest grew and more members came into the community, so did their personalities...which WAS a good thing.

But with that personality came an attitude that some other members may have taken as an insult. I have seen a lot flaming, a lot of bitching ....moaning...complaining...etc.

I have also seen the good side....more coders starting up, new members eager to learn everything about the GP32, the anticipation of the Euro release.

But what I truely can't stand for is when new members, or members who have only been here for a few months ....show there impatience, greed, and intolerance for others.
Examples:
-Wet- behind- the -ear- members who flame or bitch at newbies who are trying to learn and enjoy what this forum has to offer.
-Constant inpatience abd greediness with coders and dev who create this amazing stuff out of fun and hard work. (I could only hope to be as talented as some of these gentlemen are and were)

We all must remember that, we all don't live in one country like Britian or Germany or Russia or US., We all have different personalities, we all have different cultural backgrounds...but we all must learn one thing....restraint. When you feel that you must say something to undermine someone else or verbally bash and humiliate them, don't. It causes members who sit back and watch the crap go on to start a serious thread (like me).

Like I said, I have been here for a long time, and its time to stop the immature pussy bashing and move on.

Now I don't know what the future holds for this community since the Euro release, but I can tell you if IT* continues *(the moral grounding of other members) ...We will find more than coders who are leaving, we will also find a loss respect for one another, and in time, interest in something we all held dear in our hearts at one time. THE gp32_console .
This GP32 console was CREATED by the community. It grew thanks to this community....and unfortunately It can kill the GP32.

Now you all can flame me, Swear I am wrong, but I urge you to look at yourself and this community from the outside in and tell me I am wrong. Convince me that what I see is made up and a figment of my imagination....because if thats true, then I guess wore out my welcome here also at the GP32 community.

(To all you members who have been here as long as I, or longer.....You know that life for this community...was at the very least..more respectful...or pleasant.)

I know what you are saying, I have only been active here for 6 months, but during that time, many of us who joined at the same time have become very friendly towards one and other

I think projects such as Gigas and BOR generate new close knit friendships between people who are all doing the same thing and who understand each other

We all have to admit to getting pissed of by n00bs at one point or another, even if we dont reply

I was looking over @ some of my early posts and I can see that I was thick and asking stupid questions, so now I try and answer peoples questions quickly and politely (which is rare coz I dont know the answers most of the time)

Everyone appears to be quick to point the finger, but at one time or another we have all probably flamed, so its not a few bad apples. It's all of us letting off steam once evry so often.

Problem is when one of us lets of steam to a n00b, the n00b gets scared and worries coz theyve just spent a load of money on something and then find they are not welcome

So, my advice to n00bs, if u do get flamed, ignore it, it most likely won't happen again and u will feel welcome after a few days

I believe that people are basically good and that this forum is STILL tops among others I ve seen...and yes almost everyone flames from time to time.

But that doesn't excuse the fact that members in this community use their stupidity to get a reaction out of others that don't deserve to put up with their sarcasm.
Stupid Sacasitc remarks are for the ones giving them out...not the ones whom they are aimed at.

So lets pull this community together, adn focus on what everyone has been waiting for......for over 1 year.....this Euro release.

Back