Working Payment Options

aq21 said:
mali said:
Months ago I thought about the possibility, that this is the original reason for the re-fund. Keeping both companies separate. Taking CC re-orders from GP32 was a mistake. This speculation might be wrong, though.
Do you want to bet on getting an official answer? speculation is all we got.

It's been answered. You can stop being crazy now.

Last edited by a moderator:
GoblinKing said:
Hey guys,

Do you think they would be able to use CC cheques, my bank sent a batch the other day and they work just like a normal chq but come out my CC instead of my bank account?

Whats your thoughts on this?

Cheers :D
I mentioned these things in another thread. This is what I used, and it went well - I checked with them prior to sending it that it would be fine, and it was. :p

I don't mean to sound heretical, but here goes.

Will Credit Cards be accepted for the second batch? Or are you still willing to cover the cost of a bank transfer should I decide to go through my bank? If so should I just send the amount refunded minus the transfer fees? (Sorry if this one has been answered, but I haven't heard anything definitive on the matter yet.) The Tranzfers option does not look like it'll work for me.

j.pickens said:
You're telling us that you believe that the bank paid out the money from the credit card orders, and Craig just decided to return it? In what way is this logical?
No, I think what he's saying is that perhaps the Bank locked those funds, possibly under the proviso that they would be released only once the orders were shown to be fulfilled, so as to avoid the Bank being stuck with chargebacks and no funds to meet them. So the money received couldn't be used for production and refunds were initiated so as to seek funds anew that could be spent immediately.

G189 said:
Eniko said:
... And the cake is totally a lie.

What? Just helping the conspiracy theories along.
Are you saying... PORTAL ON THE PANDORA??!

:p

Am I saying that? I'm not saying that I'm saying that, but I'm also not saying that I'm not saying that. Having said that, I will say that I cannot confirm nor deny this rumour.

:ph34r:

Asmo said:
No, I think what he's saying is that perhaps the Bank locked those funds, possibly under the proviso that they would be released only once the orders were shown to be fulfilled, so as to avoid the Bank being stuck with chargebacks and no funds to meet them. So the money received couldn't be used for production and refunds were initiated so as to seek funds anew that could be spent immediately.
No, we were never given that option. They said that all credit card orders must be refunded. I suspect that they figured that this was some sort of scam, and that people would start reversing the charges in droves within a week or two. After two weeks of the bank telling us they were processing refunds but no refunds going out (and no chargebacks coming in), they realized they had made a mistake. Unable to admit they fucked up, they continued to drag their feet with refunds for two months, probably hoping we would simply go out of business and go away. They still refuse to refund the AMEX orders and have gone back to their original plan of just hoping we go under so they won't have to deal with us.

Unfortunately for HSBC, that is not happening. The final Pandora prototype with the CNC case will be put together within the next few weeks. If that goes well, we could see actual mass produced Pandoras rolling off the assembly line in less than two months. The bank has gone out of their way to make this difficult for us, but everything is coming together in spite of their interference.

Prometheus said:
GoblinKing said:
Hey guys,

Do you think they would be able to use CC cheques, my bank sent a batch the other day and they work just like a normal chq but come out my CC instead of my bank account?

Whats your thoughts on this?

Cheers :D
I mentioned these things in another thread. This is what I used, and it went well - I checked with them prior to sending it that it would be fine, and it was. :p

oooooohh, in that case that me sorted then :D

Hmmm. I hadn't thought of CC cheques before, since I considered it a CC payment. If this truly works, then a VISA cheque will soon be making it's way from Canada to the UK.

Just a word of caution on CC cheques - the terms vary considerably between cards. Some charge a fairly high percentage fee and offer poor exchange rates. I seem to remember you also start getting charged interest from the day you issue it, as opposed to getting charged from you payment due date even if you clear the card, and the rate can be diffrent to normal purchases. It can add up and cost you as much as the bank transfer, which craigix said they would part-fund. Also, if you think it gives normal 'credit card protection' think again - it is treated like a cash advance.

DenHarrow said:
Hmmm. I hadn't thought of CC cheques before, since I considered it a CC payment. If this truly works, then a VISA cheque will soon be making it's way from Canada to the UK.
I'd be surprised if it works, a visa check is a form of advance drawn up as a check. You pay interest from the get go like an advance.

What I've been considering is the logistics of sending a cashier's check to Craig for the amount that's desired. The only thing that's iffy is that it'd probably have to be drawn upon Dollars. Perhaps that's not such a bad thing though since the dollar is strengthening and I believe that I just have to pay the amount I was refunded.

I think that receiving a cheque/check in a foreign currency means that Craig couldn't cash it in a GBP account - they would need to open accounts in the various currencies. I know businesses I have worked for have had problems paying and receiving currencies in this way, but not 100% sure if it is still how it works.

TaG said:
Just a word of caution on CC cheques - the terms vary considerably between cards.
Yes, they absolutely do! I really should have made a note of that (I think I did when I previously mentioned them, though :lol: ). Anyone considering this route needs to thoroughly read the terms their provider has on them. I found mine to be reasonable and easy to comply with, and that's why I went with it - it's certainly not for everyone, though.

I'm personally putting together a check in the amount I was refunded, I've checked with the and they've confirmed it and the check (not a CC but an actual real check) will be in the mail to them this week.

Prometheus said:
TaG said:
Just a word of caution on CC cheques - the terms vary considerably between cards.
Yes, they absolutely do! I really should have made a note of that (I think I did when I previously mentioned them, though :lol: ). Anyone considering this route needs to thoroughly read the terms their provider has on them. I found mine to be reasonable and easy to comply with, and that's why I went with it - it's certainly not for everyone, though.

Yea, i read though mine; NO protection, the interest starts as soon as the cheque is processed, and the interest rate is higher, charged at 26.93%. . . This pandora better be worth it :p

Cew27 said:
am i mistaken or is the shipping date now march!?! (ish)

Well, according to this:
Chip said:
The final Pandora prototype with the CNC case will be put together within the next few weeks. If that goes well, we could see actual mass produced Pandoras rolling off the assembly line in less than two months.

mid to late March production is possible, which could mean delivery for many will be in April.

[Chip, if I've interpreted that wrong please correct me]

*cannot represent feelings in words*
this is a joke, i will still be buying my pandora and supporting the teams but it seems like the date for me getting my pandora is a ball rolling down a steep hill, and im tied to a post at the top forced to watch it rill inevitably into the abyss.
here was me thinking that i would get it in feburary. a 6 month delay, just isnt fun for me or anyone else for that matter

I think if we follow the roadmap, production should be in Feb and ship in March.

I guess it comes down to the deadline for the bank transfer and the limited run they will be able to make.

Hopefully the deadline for the bank transfer is at the same time the prototype is fully working: (Hopefully February 1st)

The top lid of the FDM case is finished. Mike should receive the bottom half soon and we should see a "Complete" Prototype. Here's hoping the deadline is Feb 1st for Bank Transfer.

Chip said:
Asmo said:
No, we were never given that option. They said that all credit card orders must be refunded. I suspect that they figured that this was some sort of scam, and that people would start reversing the charges in droves within a week or two. After two weeks of the bank telling us they were processing refunds but no refunds going out (and no chargebacks coming in), they realized they had made a mistake. Unable to admit they fucked up, they continued to drag their feet with refunds for two months, probably hoping we would simply go out of business and go away. They still refuse to refund the AMEX orders and have gone back to their original plan of just hoping we go under so they won't have to deal with us.

Unfortunately for HSBC, that is not happening. The final Pandora prototype with the CNC case will be put together within the next few weeks. If that goes well, we could see actual mass produced Pandoras rolling off the assembly line in less than two months. The bank has gone out of their way to make this difficult for us, but everything is coming together in spite of their interference.
we havnt hear that before now have we, you word means nothing now

now give us the stuff we want, when is the deadline for bank transfers, theres a small chance im still in this

the fact is, the bank isnt a person, it doesnt have a history with you, it is a company and the same rules apply to everyone, now if only you contacted them, and communicated
which i think your unable to do, because that only post you reply to is to defend yourselves, when you supposedly have more important things to do, such as getting deadlines out, your not giving answers

the first rules of business is, you know your business and you read the fine print
you couldve known this would occur, but you never checked

also for those complaining about a $3 charge get lost, and dont pretend your not complaining because you wouldnt have included the price if you wont, also you want get answers on the forum and this is the only time i say contact them.

your ignorance caused this problem, the bank acted as suspected, maybe not by you, but thats because yous were ignorant, to the rest of us it pretty plain

im still hoping to get a pandora, and starting deving on it, i can only hope this community splits and off-site forums appear, because his community is already split, between twat head fa boys and the one with common sense

theres so much more i wanted to say, and i wanted to word it differently but this should do

OH YES
what about google checkout, you account there isnt going to be reaching its maximum forever
also i know this was said amazon, im willing to pay extra for the security, as i understand its an extreme amount

now i can only hope you dont coward and dont answer back, like youve done to all my other posts and many others

So, I'm wondering about this new timeline... Posted a couple of weeks ago was the following:

So, here is a mini-roadmap:
* Case Design: January 15th
* Case Prototyping: approx. 1-2 weeks later
* Final production and delivery: approx. 2 - 4 weeks later

According to the last official blog update, *delivery* shouldn't be more than 6 weeks away. Now, Chip has said

The final Pandora prototype with the CNC case will be put together within the next few weeks. If that goes well, we could see actual mass produced Pandoras rolling off the assembly line in less than two months.

The case design deadline was met, IIRC, and we have seen that parts of a rapid prototype case have been made. I understand that "less than two months" could be interpreted as 6 weeks, but it could also mean 1 month and 29 days. So, which is the situation, and why the change?

Back