Working Payment Options

I never said he would produce them in the first batch. I just don't think there is gonna be a 6 month delay for people who wanna use credit cards and can't at the moment. Once production ramps up they can make up to 5000 pandoras a month I believe.

pmo5 said:
I never said he would produce them in the first batch. I just don't think there is gonna be a 6 month delay for people who wanna use credit cards and can't at the moment. Once production ramps up they can make up to 5000 pandoras a month I believe.
I manufacture things like this for a living, likely when/if they start a whole another batch (few thousands), it's going to be an minimum 5-6 weeks manufacture lead time, if everything goes perfect (which usually doesn't.)

So say in March they finally get the first batch out, and get fully paid, then they re-invest to order an second batch, add 5 weeks to that, so you looking at May(ish) at very earliest.

This is just my estimation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although you obviously know much more in this field then I do, craig stated that final production/ delivery will take 2-4 weeks for this batch. Thats after the prototyping of course.

craigix said:
There is nothing we can do here, I've been down every route, things are very different to a few years ago in regards to merchant numbers. Two banks have said they are willing to review this situation in 4-6 months time (ie when we are more established in their eyes).

So that's how long the CC situation will take.

Just because they said they'd be willing to review in 6 months doesn't necessarily mean they'll be willing to accept CC orders then.

spaceballs3000 said:
I'm talking about the original freeze\refund the bank did on the first preorder.
When bank started refunding money to customers, there was no truth that was given out, there are posts from Chip on others saying it's all the banks fault.
Well we know otherwise now.
I don't follow your logic here. You're insinuating that instead of simply taking the original credit card orders, we decided to refund them all because it would be fun? Of course this was entirely the bank's doing. If they had given us any option at all to accept the original orders, this whole situation wouldn't exist. If they had made the refunds in a timely manner instead of dragging their feet for over two months (and they still haven't refunded any AMEX orders), we could have had all of this sorted out by now. This entire situation stems from HSBC making some incredibly bad decisions and refusing to correct their mistakes. All they had to do was honor the orders we had taken and none of this would have happened.

Chip said:
spaceballs3000 said:
I'm talking about the original freeze\refund the bank did on the first preorder.
When bank started refunding money to customers, there was no truth that was given out, there are posts from Chip on others saying it's all the banks fault.
Well we know otherwise now.
I don't follow your logic here. You're insinuating that instead of simply taking the original credit card orders, we decided to refund them all because it would be fun? Of course this was entirely the bank's doing. If they had given us any option at all to accept the original orders, this whole situation wouldn't exist. If they had made the refunds in a timely manner instead of dragging their feet for over two months (and they still haven't refunded any AMEX orders), we could have had all of this sorted out by now. This entire situation stems from HSBC making some incredibly bad decisions and refusing to correct their mistakes. All they had to do was honor the orders we had taken and none of this would have happened.
I never suggested that.

Here is the point where you will never admit, Craig messed up on CC orders, i.e. they can't use pre-order money to make the units over a few months, CC money is only used to buy already finished units (or have them done\shipped within 30 days) The Bank had no choice but other to refund the CC orders. Craig placed the Bank in that situation, not the other way around.

Then if this was open and transparent, we would have learned that CC ordering wouldn't have work a few months ago, and we might have worked with him to find a quicker solution by now that worked with CC.

In summary, Not the banks fault... and you guys withheld information on why.

stustaff said:
Why cant I buy a pandora from GBAx.com using a CC? The bank can not know what individual item was ordered they just see the amount so how come GBAX.com can accept credit card but not for the pandora?

anyone know?

Because if GBAX suddenly had a whole bunch of money coming in at once then the bank would put a lock on that account too.

Then Craig would be COMPLETELY screwed.

spaceballs3000 said:
Here is the point where you will never admit, Craig messed up on CC orders, i.e. they can't use pre-order money to make the units over a few months, CC money is only used to buy already finished units (or have them done\shipped within 30 days) The Bank had no choice but other to refund the CC orders. Craig placed the Bank in that situation, not the other way around.

Then if this was open and transparent, we would have learned that CC ordering wouldn't have work a few months ago, and we might have worked with him to find a quicker solution by now that worked with CC.

Maybe (just maybe) Craig has been running this webshop for 5 years and taking money for pre-orders without problem.

I sent them CC money for the GP2X before it was released (and I think I waited a few months before I got it.)

The banks didn't bitch and quit then, what would make Craig able to foresee the future and suspect that the banks wouldn't uphold the order?

I understand it is in the fine print, but does Craig have a team of lawyers? (I doubt it, although he may be considering it now.)

I wonder if you can cheat and "donate" to a "charity", upon which you receive a "thank you gift"? I am sure the banks would have a fit.

nubie said:
spaceballs3000 said:

Maybe (just maybe) Craig has been running this webshop for 5 years and taking money for pre-orders without problem.

I sent them CC money for the GP2X before it was released (and I think I waited a few months before I got it.)

The banks didn't bitch and quit then, what would make Craig able to foresee the future and suspect that the banks wouldn't uphold the order?

I understand it is in the fine print, but does Craig have a team of lawyers? (I doubt it, although he may be considering it now.)

I wonder if you can cheat and "donate" to a "charity", upon which you receive a "thank you gift"? I am sure the banks would have a fit.Craig was likely below their radar at that time, thus the bank wouldn't notice or care, but it doesn't change the fact it happened. With the lack of forthcoming of information, the CC customers only Now know (very late into the game) that we will not be able to order.

Is is a messy situation, yet what I do not understand now is why CC orders are not possible for 4-6 months now while on the 15th January 2009 I got a mail from the openpandora sales department with the following information "...We are now taking re-orders by credit and debit card but were doing it slowly to hopefully avoid any further issues. As soon as we are ready to take your order we'll send you an e-mail.".

I really appreciate their fast and helpful answers, but isn't this in contradiction with what Craig claimed yesterday? Or did they just take CC reorders for a few days then a stop for 4-6 months occured? It bothers me as I am afraid any other option than Paypal (no more) or CC will not be plausible for me.

I am patiently waiting for the reorder mail, was just wondering about the CC issues...

Hey guys,

Do you think they would be able to use CC cheques, my bank sent a batch the other day and they work just like a normal chq but come out my CC instead of my bank account?

Whats your thoughts on this?

Cheers :D

GoblinKing said:
Hey guys,

Do you think they would be able to use CC cheques, my bank sent a batch the other day and they work just like a normal chq but come out my CC instead of my bank account?

Whats your thoughts on this?

Cheers :D

Another potential option for those who dont have cash available and wanted to use CC for this reason is a balance transfer doing this means you wouldnt pay the crazy cash advance APR's

Set up a balance transfer to pay of an overdraft of £200 $400 (whatever amount) and then type in your bank account details and the funds will then be in your bank at your cards Balance transfer rate. tyou can then do your bank transfer.

I guess, Craig can't/ doesn't want to use Gbax for receiving the money, because Open Pandora and Gbax are different companies. This may have played a big role in prior decisions, something the customers won't ever know. Right know, I'm considering to cancel my order. There was a point somewhere in the past, where a decision was made to go a not so brightly lit road regarding transparency. I think this decision was wrong, but still it's getting rather worse. My trust is fading away. I still think, Pandora is great and will see the light of day sometime, but the base for my participating in the community was some sense of unity and trust in the words written in dev-posts. Too many statements contradict each other, so I can't support something which I don't know if it is true. I'll take 24h to rethink the situation. It was a fun time and I still have trust in the community, which has got some good heads, who will take care :)

j.pickens said:
In what way was this not the bank's fault?
The bank refused to transfer funds from CC orders to Open Pandora Ltd.
This was caused by the meltdown in credit markets in general, and the U.K. in particular.
Banks are cutting any and all exposure to uncertainty, again the U.K. is very hard hit.

I posted a link to an article on the subject back in December.
I couldn't find the link, as it was in the other forums.
However, for an example of the problems in the UK banking industry, how about an article from TODAY?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/ja...nk-bail-out-rbs

I hope the Pandora is able to weather the storm, we'll be lucky if it can.
This isn't Craig's fault, people.

Please don't help openpandora by advancing their lies as if they have something to do with the truth.

I just checked my Credit Card confirmation email - it was paid to GP32 distribution ltd. This company runs the gbax.com site, and continues to accept credit cards as usual.

Craig does not want to accept credit card, while claiming he cannot accept credit cards. Together with the partial refund, that's a scam.

Months ago I thought about the possibility, that this is the original reason for the re-fund. Keeping both companies separate. Taking CC re-orders from GP32 was a mistake. This speculation might be wrong, though.

mali said:
Months ago I thought about the possibility, that this is the original reason for the re-fund. Keeping both companies separate. Taking CC re-orders from GP32 was a mistake. This speculation might be wrong, though.
Do you want to bet on getting an official answer? speculation is all we got.

aq21 said:
Please don't help openpandora by advancing their lies as if they have something to do with the truth.

I just checked my Credit Card confirmation email - it was paid to GP32 distribution ltd. This company runs the gbax.com site, and continues to accept credit cards as usual.

Craig does not want to accept credit card, while claiming he cannot accept credit cards. Together with the partial refund, that's a scam.
You're telling us that you believe that the bank paid out the money from the credit card orders, and Craig just decided to return it? In what way is this logical?
And the bank refunded all of the order money at the current exchange rate, GB pounds in, GB pounds out, different rates vs. other currencies, so the final amount in the buyer's currency changed.
How is this a "partial refund"?

Give me a break...

Eniko said:
... And the cake is totally a lie.

What? Just helping the conspiracy theories along.
Are you saying... PORTAL ON THE PANDORA??!

:p

Back