Lik-sang.com Closes Down

I've been boycotting Sony ever since my PS2 quit after less than a year. I could have had it repaired, but fuck that. It's the principle.

They're a very predatory company, and I'm sorry that Lik-Sang fell into their cross-hairs. I've never bought from Lik-Sang, personally, but they seemed very reputable and service oriented.

It's up to the consumer to show these bully corporations the error of their ways. I do so, with both Sony and Electronic Arts, by voting with my money. What am I missing out on; playing Roster Update '07 on my $600 PS3? I'm doing myself a favor. PC games are better, anyway. :p

Alex. posted on Oct 24 2006 at 01:17 PM said:
shinneri posted on Oct 24 2006 at 01:10 PM said:
I'll still buy a PS3 (when it's cheaper), and I'll continue to strongly dislike the company I buy it from.
Now that's showing them. :rolleyes:

- Alex
I never said it was. But do you honestly believe Sony cares if a few thousand hardcore gamers don't buy their product (or say they won't but end up getting one anyway)? No.

I think Sony's selfdestructing right now just by means of its poor management and bad decisions, but to think some boycott by a handful of gamers online can "show them" anything is just silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is only silly when there are those that think it is silly. A boycott is possible, but only if everyone boycotts... If the geeks and gamers turned their backs on Sony, of course there gaming market would disappear.

It won't show them anything, but consider the math:

1000 hardcore gamers, not buying a console = $600,000 loss
1000 hardcore gamers not buying 5-10 $60 games (nothing cheaper for ps3) = $300,000-$600,000 profit loss on top of that.

so in total, if 1000 hardcore gamers did not buy a ps3, sony stands to lose anywhere from $900,000 to 1.2 million dollars.

For a company already going to take a major profit hit from LAUNCHING the console, that much of an added profit market loss could be almost deadly.

The thing Sony need to realize is if they stop drive you away from importing they will be pushing you towards piracy instead.
With Lik-Sang being the first to go other import sites are next.
Next it will be no shops are allowed to sell any Sony products you will only be able to buy them at a Sony centre shop.

SONY YOU BASTARDS.

man this is bad news.

Its suck arse.

I am really happy that I didn't bought any Sony stuff, with there stupid format Memorystick bah

Long live SD!!!!

DarkMetroid posted on Oct 24 2006 at 06:56 PM said:
Every Mom and Pop shop has there own import section. This is no loss. Lik-Sang was a greedy little business trying to monopolize on import, and illegal merchandise. They had this coming from the very beginning. Lets all hope play-asia is next. Sony I support your war of terror. :p

subcon959 posted on Oct 24 2006 at 07:17 PM said:
It won't show them anything, but consider the math:

1000 hardcore gamers, not buying a console = $600,000 loss
1000 hardcore gamers not buying 5-10 $60 games (nothing cheaper for ps3) = $300,000-$600,000 profit loss on top of that.

so in total, if 1000 hardcore gamers did not buy a ps3, sony stands to lose anywhere from $900,000 to 1.2 million dollars.

For a company already going to take a major profit hit from LAUNCHING the console, that much of an added profit market loss could be almost deadly.
Unfortunately, those 1000 gamers are a very very very very very small puddle in the ocean. Won't make a slightest bit of difference.

winapa posted on Oct 24 2006 at 01:45 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Oct 24 2006 at 04:04 PM said:
If not, I'll help where I can for just the shipping costs.

And this is why I love my GP2x. Nice one ED!

Personally, though, I suspect that Lik-Sang will re-open minus Sony stuff
That's precidely what I said. But I guess we're the only ones who are intelligent enough here to come to that conclusion ;)

PokeParadox posted on Oct 24 2006 at 02:12 PM said:
It is only silly when there are those that think it is silly. A boycott is possible, but only if everyone boycotts... If the geeks and gamers turned their backs on Sony, of course there gaming market would disappear.
IF. lol, not going to happen. If I had a pussy I'd be a woman. If I had a billion dollars, I'd be frickin rich. Keep dreamin.

Im still buying a ps3 because it's going to rock. waaaaa lik sang, should have gotten their permission in the first place. It's their merchandise, and liksang had no right to import it without SCEE's consent.

I think that everything that I feel has already been expressed by everyone in this thread. What more could I say? I have yet to purchase a PSP, I bought a GP2X instead. I had thought of buying one at some point but this makes me back up and think. Why should I buy from someone that keeps slapping me in the face? Are they going to go after people that buy on ebay next? This whole ordeal could have some strange ripple effects. :huh:

PokeParadox posted on Oct 24 2006 at 02:12 PM said:

Many gamers are addicts. Its safe to say the boycott will fail, and is indeed silly. Sony is like that hot girlfriend that treats you like shit, but never will dump no matter how many times you tell your friends you will.

You self-defeatists should keep that crap to yourself. I'm sorry you don't see the power inherent in your own actions, but don't try to convince me that there's any validity to your arguement.

It's exactly that type of attitude that is ruining the world today. Why should I vote? I'm just one person. Why should I care about the environment, education, violent crime, the future or any other very serious and very real issue? I'm just one person. I can't possibly make a difference. Do you realize how ignorant you sound?

Thank whatever god you believe in that there are people who actual stand up for what they believe. Your life and the world in general would be much worse off if there weren't. Where would we be without MLK, Ghandi, or the many, many other brave and noble people who stood their ground and took action? Change starts with one person.

Everyone is so quick to blame Sony for everything. You all have short memories, because a few years back, all 3 gaming companies sued Lik-Sang to kingdom come for selling mod-chips and other cheat devices. This website has been toying with fate for some time now, and this was just the iceing on the cake for them.

LordFu posted on Oct 24 2006 at 02:42 PM said:
You self-defeatists should keep that crap to yourself. I'm sorry you don't see the power inherent in your own actions, but don't try to convince me that there's any validity to your arguement.

It's exactly that type of attitude that is ruining the world today. Why should I vote? I'm just one person. Why should I care about the environment, education, violent crime, the future or any other very serious and very real issue? I'm just one person. I can't possibly make a difference. Do you realize how ignorant you sound?

Thank whatever god you believe in that there are people who actual stand up for what they believe. Your life and the world in general would be much worse off if there weren't. Where would we be without MLK, Ghandi, or the many, many other brave and noble people who stood their ground and took action? Change starts with one person.

You can't make everyone think the way you want them to. The majority of people like Sony. If they didn't it wouldn't be as big as it is today. Lik-Sang is no loss. The fighting the corporate monster thing has always be an extremist way of thinking, and are amongst a small percentage of people out there. If you believe in what you do so strongly do something about it neither I, or anyone else is stopping you.

My point from my last post is that many of you talk about how you are going to do this and that, and do nothing in the end. Like the guy with the abusive hot girlfriend. The truth is Sony makes entertaining, and quality products that many gamers around the world enjoy. To go out on the limb and say I'm never buying anything Sony is SILLY! Lik-Sang were in the wrong. All the normal people will see it like this. There aren't many people with your extremist point of view thankfully. So no you are not brave, noble, or like "Ghandi", you are a silly imaginative small fry who looks to deeply into things trying to you see what you want to see.

Azalin said:

Its only redeemable feature is wireless sharing of music. Thats it.
Boink:

Send songs / albums for the 3 x 3 trial. Songs past the three days / listens are deleted at next sync, but catalogued on your PC for record-keeping should you want to purchase them later.

Actually, it's worse than that: ANY audio file you share gets hit with the 3/3 rule. Even if you record yourself singing karaoke, the 3/3 gets applied if you wirelessly share the file, not just the DRMed files.

shinneri said:

I'll still buy a PS3 (when it's cheaper), and I'll continue to strongly dislike the company I buy it from.

Now that's showing them.

Well. . . if Sony makes a loss on the PS3 and expects to make it back on the games, actually, buying the console and just running your Linux games on it would actually be the most painful thing you can do to Sony.

I'd play Doom 1-3, Darwinia, and LBreakout on Linux far more than I'd ever play a PS3 game - I only ever bought one game for my GBA because I resented the prices, never mind paying PS3 prices. .

If my history is right Sega and Nintendo both took Lik-Sang to court for selling imported games and consoles but was told to piss off cos it was an infrigement on peoples human rights.
It is not illegal to import( except things like guns, knives etc) you are allowed to buy from wherever you won't and if Sony can't stop you.

Sony will probable try and stop people selling imports on Ebay aswell.

If Sony are losing money on all the consoles and games they sell in Japan and the US but hope to make up for it by overpricing the EU for them, treating us like this is not going to help.

LordFu posted on Oct 24 2006 at 02:42 PM said:

So whether or not I buy Sony products is a "very serious and very real issue?" I fear for myself and mankind if it is.

Honestly, there's no comparison that can be drawn between Martin Luther King against segregation and inequality and you against Sony. :lol:

Way to circumvent the issue. That comment wasn't specifically about Sony. If the majority of people like them, fine. Free will, free world and all.

I don't recall mentioning anything about Sony being a "very serious and very real issue", "fighting the corporate monster" or being an extremist, but I guess an ad-hoc arguement is the best you can do.

I don't buy things from companies I don't like. The names of those companies are not related to my post you quoted. Nor is that post related to Sony.

That post is directed to those who chose to belittle people who live their life according to their principals. I don't like Sony, for a variety of reasons. I choose not to buy from them. Some felt the need to demean that stance. My post was a response to that act. Respond to it in context if you feel the need to respond at all.

DarkMetroid posted on Oct 24 2006 at 01:56 PM said:
Every Mom and Pop shop has there own import section. This is no loss. Lik-Sang was a greedy little business trying to monopolize on import, and illegal merchandise. They had this coming from the very beginning. Lets all hope play-asia is next. Sony I support your war of terror. :p

subcon959 said:
The really sad thing is that none of this is going to affect anything.

The majority of consumers won't give a shit.

Boohoo cry me a river, but you are right the normal people won't give a shit. Good day sir.

Oh sure dark metroid, whatever man. Sure its not gonna hurt the sony fan boys, the nintendo fan boys or the Microsoft live snot nosed kids. Its hurting us the gamepark supporters, why do you say? GP32z is gone affecting us americans from getting local technical support, and I dont give a damn if you dont like america or any other country. A gamepark fan is a gamepark fan, we stand together against these corporate basterds from reliving the videogame crash of 1983/84. By feeding us crap quality instead or replay value. Stopping us from tampering with a product that we purchased, we buy something we have a right to do whatever the hell we want with it.Im not going by some guideline Bulls**t, I do what I want.

Now hongkong has lost one of its supporters, and its only gonna get worse. Youll see soon the corporation will rule, small companies like gamepark giving us what we want will be gone. People will no longer be able to take the plunge into creating new games. Instead were gonna be f****d up the arse with sequels like Devil May cry 16, Final Fantasy 35, GTA 27, MGS 60, Halo 55 & Super Mario bros 237. No more room for creativity.

Back