Lik-sang.com Closes Down

The majority of consumers won't give a shit.

Probably true. However, IME, the majority of consumers, when faced with some new technology, do like to ask a resident geek about it.

Especially when it's a difficult choice like "What are these new kinds of DVD then? Which one should I buy?" - I know I've already been asked about it a time or two.

And if the world's geeks are as pissed off at Sony, they sure as Hell aren't going to be advocating Blu-Ray. Sort of like very few geeks are telling people to hold off on buying an iPod because the Zune will be along shortly ;)

subcon959 posted on Oct 24 2006 at 06:37 PM said:
The really sad thing is that none of this is going to affect anything.

yeah :(

Sony will not get my money :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Azalin posted on Oct 24 2006 at 12:50 PM said:
Its only redeemable feature is wireless sharing of music. Thats it.

Boink:

Send songs / albums for the 3 x 3 trial. Songs past the three days / listens are deleted at next sync, but catalogued on your PC for record-keeping should you want to purchase them later.

Okay, let me re-phrase that then:

Its only redeemable feature is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! ITS A WORTHLESS PEICE OF SHITE WORSE THAN THE CD-I ZELDA'S!

EDIT: and we must give sonyt credit for supporting modding of thier console, while microsoft is black-glueing thier internal chips now.

shinneri posted on Oct 24 2006 at 01:10 PM said:
I'll still buy a PS3 (when it's cheaper), and I'll continue to strongly dislike the company I buy it from.
Now that's showing them. :rolleyes:

- Alex

Geez, they filed 14 or 15 simultaneous lawsuits, all in different countries.
How that is legal is beyond me...

The only thing i can hope now is that the PS3 crashes and burns like the Atari 2900 did, and sony goes the way of Atari or sega.

I wish i could hate sony more now but i can't... it would be humanly impossible to hate a company more then i hate sony and thats before i read this post! Who do you think kill sega anyway, the moment the sega dreamcast was out, sony flooded north America game news with fake release dates for the ps2. Its coming out in 3 months then in a other 3 months, etc, etc and it took almost 2 year before coming out! I can still remember talking to my friends about are great soul caliber is on the dreamcast and every ones responds was 'yea well the ps2 is coming out soon...' what the f**K! Is was like a massive brainwash! 'sony is good', 'wait, no matter how long, sony is better' And what a cheep first edition it was!

Btw: play with psx4all everyday on yours gp2x (panzer bandit plays fast), and don't forget not to download movies, its bad... but god will forgive you if its a Sony Pictures.
:D

I've been trying to get my hands on a dreamcast for awhile now, but the cost of an original version console, and then a decent amount of decent games, would put me in the hole around a grand canadian :(

Also, this article should make you vomit. If it doesn't, there's something fundamentally wrong with you: http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/731/731883p1.html

EvilDragon posted on Oct 24 2006 at 04:04 PM said:
If not, I'll help where I can for just the shipping costs.

And this is why I love my GP2x. Nice one ED!

Personally, though, I suspect that Lik-Sang will re-open minus Sony stuff, which is Sony's loss to be honest. I've said it before on here many times, the PSP is garbage, if you want a mainstream handheld, the DS is the one to go for...The games are far more fun. And it would appear that the public agree.

Up yours Sony.

I loved lik-sang for one reason:
Spare hardware. I dont go in for all this new-fangled handheld crap (except the gp2x of course ;) ) I take an old N64, PSone, Dreamcast or Saturn, do some serious hardware mods, maybe add in a mod chip, and then i either give them away to friends, or sell them for a small fee.

I've had to stop recently due to...funding shortages...but seriously, if you have a handheld 64 or PSone, WhyTF would you buy a psp or ds?

Every Mom and Pop shop has there own import section. This is no loss. Lik-Sang was a greedy little business trying to monopolize on import, and illegal merchandise. They had this coming from the very beginning. Lets all hope play-asia is next. Sony I support your war of terror. :p

subcon959 said:
The really sad thing is that none of this is going to affect anything.

Boohoo cry me a river, but you are right the normal people won't give a shit. Good day sir.

Back