Lik-sang.com Closes Down

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 24 2006 at 03:42 PM said:
....cant they file for bankruptcy and open up under another name? Surely they can....?

There is no point. Once one company has been banned from doing it it is only a matter of time before the other companies are banned from doing it.

And if they filed for bankrupcy then I will lose my £100 and that better not happen or I will blame you for giving them the idea ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF did lik sang do that was "so wrong", sell foriegn PSPs?.. The money from that is STILL going into Sonys pocket yet they just cant thank them <_<

just read this news.

but... but... liksang were providing a great service.

absolute sony f*ing capitalist bullying a*holes. :angry:

what are they trying to be? the new micros*ft??

I completely rely on the likes of lik-sang and play-asia for stuff like the japanese PS2 shooters: dodonpachi, mushi, ibara etc. which Sony can't be bothered to release in Europe. So, yet another case of 'might is right' in this global pathocratic corporate empire. grrr.

I hope the PS3 crashes and burns and nobody buys it. (which probably will happen now GTA-4 is gonna be on the xbox360 with exclusive content). They deserve to go bankrupt over this - to get a taste of their own [ spam word ].

deep breath. rant over :blink:

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 24 2006 at 03:47 PM said:
It's a corporation. They can reopen under another name, but not sell any sony hardware. they'll still do fine.

Yes but nintendo, microsoft or any software house could then decide they wish to use the precedent set by sony and stop them selling imports of their consoles/games.

The risk is too great.

Last edited by a moderator:
The risk for what? Starting up another corporation isnt expensive, my mother has one ffs.

They can try, and if nintendo and MS do the same thing, then I hope the rest of the gaming world lashes out on them too (which wont happen, because fanboys never admit their company sucks).

I hope they try.

And you can get your money back by simply filing a dispute with your bank if they dont refund you. You dont have to "lose" your money ;)

Hehhe now it has reach not just 1UP, but also the infamous Slashdot ;-), ohhh and also GamesIndustry.biz, UK (the irony a UK thing).

Just waiting to see when Joystiq is going to pick it up, IGN, Gamespot...

Let wach the events unfolding in front of our eyes. should be a fun bashing day today!

Yes but everytime a company takes a law suit against them it takes up a lot of money and time to sort out. And since they have announced that they are closing down for good and refunding their customers with outstanding orders they have obviously realised it isn't worth the hassle or the risk.

As long as I get my money back I could care less about lik-sang.

I am really REALLY effing pissed off now. Lik-sang was one of the few places i would trust to buy my controller-splitter cables, hardware mods, and really old games. I knew that they would most likely work. Now effing SONY has completely and utterly trashed one of those few places i actually bought from.

But you wanna know something interesting? Look at what they were shut down for: Selling a different area-coded console to a different area. You know why sony doesn't like that? It s because its got this nice little racket going on, all the console companies do. They know that people see a game being sold in one area, but not sold in another (japan but not america, for example), and that those people are desperate to get it. So when the game is "officially" re-released in that second country, people are willing to pay exhorbatent prices to get thier hands on it.

However, places like lik-sang were bypassing this "regional lockout* racket, and allowing daring people to play these games easily; without having to make them wait for an official release. Which means that Sony would be losing profits from a shrewd little scam, and thus they got pissed off and trashed an excellent website just to make another quick effing buck.

The only thing i can hope now is that the PS3 crashes and burns like the atari 2900 did, and sony goes the way of atari or sega.

I don't get it. . . all the analyses I've seen about Sony lately agree that they really need the PS3 and Blu-Ray to catch on in a big way.

How exactly do they expect this to happen if they sue the people selling their stuff and piss off all the geeks that normal people rely on for their technical advice?

Be cause console and game companies are going down the same road that other megacorps have. They are beginning to think that they can do whatever the hell they want, treat their customers however they want, and that people will still buy their stuff.

Sony trashes lik-sang, EA ruins classic game series' and pushes out crap, Nintendo refuses to catch up with the times and include more than a few mature games on thier consoles, Microsoft charges people out the teeth.

The game world is going downhill, fast.

Thats a disgrace, I thought Sony did well with playstation and playstation 2
but the way they have been trying to set up the ps3 especially in Europe i think i may wait a good while longer until i decide if i want one.
Lik-sang seemed to be one of the best place for imports, i really woudnt care if they just stopped selling sony products but it seems sony has to go too far and force them to shut down!

Maybe its their japanese way of doing harakiri?

Start to wonder if we will soon see some high head at Sony start to be flying around.

Hmmm just remind me they start to do the similar tactis as Apple that sues some little people. Remember when they got mad that some bloggers talk about their unannounce product like the Mini? Or now any products that contains the words "pods".

Ahhh I hate stupid lawsuite, it remind me of what happen to me and some friends when we had choose the name of our companies, we got a letter from a US folks asking us to change if not we will be getting a lawsuit (btw we were Canadian and our company was no way related to their market).

Big Bully!

Back