Let's move the moulds!

Of course it'll be an option; ED will stock 4GB parts as replacements or upgrades for us 2GB users assuming he can ever get them to work. The only questions remaining are how exactly the money will work for those of you that specified you wanted 4GB parts when you pre-ordered. I didn't and only pre-ordered a 2GB part, because I think on the balance of probabilities 2GB will suit me just fine for now, and I can consider upgrading when boards based on a new SoC come out in the future. But if you're planning to take a 2GB part for now and get it replaced by a 4GB part as soon as they're ready, then how much that 4GB part will cost you, and how much the initial cost of the 2GB system will be becomes more important. Personally, I'm not figuring any discount on a 4GB upgrade into my plans, and will just pay what it costs if and when I decide to upgrade, but it's different for you guys that think you already have a use for that extra RAM, and will just be accepting a 2GB unit as a stop-gap.

How much does a cpu board costs without profit? Maybe people who got the 2 GB version could buy it for production costs and replace it themselfs? And keep the 2 GB Version as replacement part?

i ordered a 4gb version. if it comes down to that they can only to 2gb versions and upgrade later, im good.

Man I'll take any amount of RAM so long as it comes in a clear case with disco lights. My Pandora is now suffering multiple hull breaches and I'm too lazy to swap the case out. Help me EvilDragon. You're our only hope.

(It can be any colour case)

This is on my GPD Win on XFCE (Xubuntu) with only KDevelop4, g++, and Chromium browser with 3 tabs on gamedev.stackexchange (not a heavy site, it's Q&A text for game dev).

NAuBRcy.png

Not even inkscape nor gimp opened yet, no music playing.

So 2GB might be enough for regular use, a bit tight for developing.

How much does a cpu board costs without profit? Maybe people who got the 2 GB version could buy it for production costs and replace it themselfs? And keep the 2 GB Version as replacement part?
Using very rough numbers...
7 layer board $20
CPU $35
RAM $40
eMMC $30
population $10

So - roughly (very) estimated - $135 give or take $$. It is quite literally the most expensive piece of the Pyra. Anyone who thinks they'll get a 4GB one for free by 'accepting' a 2GB now is delusional. Expecting these to be sold at no profit is dubious as well. There are substantive real costs involved - including opportunity costs if they are being sold for less than they can/should be.

Yeah, I would take two gig now with no expectation of ever upgrading to 4 gig. I think 2 gigs is all I will need. Would extra ram lend any extra boost to emulators per se? Writing, web surfing and emulators would be my primary uses.

My plans for the Pyra are to have a more up to date Pandora,
I want to play some PS1 Games on it, Dreamcast, DS, the Gameboys, and Nintendo Console up to N64..
maybe a bit Text Prozessing, “Exel” and some PC Ports like Doom 3 and Open Morrowind..
I ditnt want to compile, and I will use the Browser only for YouTube ,
So do I really need the 4 gb ??

I have the lamest Pandora Model, and there where a lot things it’s was Apple to run

Between 1st Batch Pandora and 2gb Pyra, how much diverent is there??

Again a useless 2GB / 4GB discussion. It doesn't matter what you want in this thread. It is no option to go with 2GB.

Back