Let's go - Help wanted :) (2012-10-01)

I would buy and wear any Pandora-related clothing - so please inform me if you make some!

I have an idea to make a very nice Mandelbrot T-shirt, using images like this (but high resolution),

and blending with the colour of the shirt. I can put Pandora logo on the back and "rendered by Open Pandora".

I would buy and wear any Pandora-related clothing - so please inform me if you make some!

I have an idea to make a very nice Mandelbrot T-shirt, using images like this (but high resolution),

and blending with the colour of the shirt. I can put Pandora logo on the back and "rendered by Open Pandora".

Do you also have some sort of mental image what regular posters look like or the type of person they are?

Yours Just did a 180 in my mind :D

Do you also have some sort of mental image what regular posters look like or the type of person they are?

Agreed, but kind of an awesome idea. I am not sure if I would buy and wear one, but love the idea!!

Yay!

"Win friends and influence people with the Mandelbrot set."

maybe a nice possibilty to do some PR (in germany)?:

http://barcampbs.mixxt.de/

At least if someone near to that has a pandora.

There would, of course be the oportunity to sponsor the event, which will lead to adverdising during the event (starts at 500 EUR, which means 100 people, who donat 5 EUR for that "marketing).

Additionally I'll try to lower the price tomorrow (I work for the company, which organises the barcamp)

To the upgrade: Yeah, would be nice, if I've gotten any order numbre ;-)

mclien

PS: Sorry, if I missed some point by not reading the whole post..

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, just another "unrefected" tought I just had:

I guess some of the customers are quite skilled with (dis)assembling elctronic units. Perhaps did even do some "hardware" hacking.

Would it help to send "pandora kits" for skilled customers, to spare the assembling time/money?

Or do a assembling session on the barcamp or do assembling events with the customers?

Its in my hometown...
so I guess you just signed in to the event ;-) ?

I have an idea to make a very nice Mandelbrot T-shirt

I used to own a couple of fractal t-shirts (Mandelbrot and Newton sets) and wore them with pride. Back in the 90s there was a shop in London call Strange Attractions that sold them via mail order. I still have one of their Mandelbrot mugs!

Additionally I'll try to lower the price tomorrow (I work for the company, which organises the barcamp)

I just dropped ED a PM with 2 Offerings. So Sponsoring is half price 250 EUR (includes a presenting table in the "Lobby", Links on the website and a Session).

Of course, anyone near BS could do a Session by just being there with the Pandora.

Even the Sponsoring part mustn't be necessarily done with the participating of ED. We "just" need: Some people having a Pandora and experience with it. e.g. 25 people thingink it's worth 10EUR. And ED thinking it's a usefull thing to do

About donations, we chould have a global "donate" option on the repo, for the free apps,

and if the dev doesn't want to receive the money, it goes to help clear the old pre-orders!

good-idea.jpg

Sure. Just make it a setting in the admin area.

* Your account

* donate to preorders

* No donations.

Speaking of donations, this guy is selling SD cards for 99GPB ($162.22) that is already preloaded for use in a Pandora. It would seem we could do much better and cheaper. It would generate donations and help ease new owners into the Pandy experience. It would also generally rock and even let the pros try a few new tricks with ease and convenience.

NOTE TO EBAY: THIS IS JUST A 16GB SD CARD AND NO HANDHELD CONSOLE SUPPLIED, JUST A SERVICE NO COPYING RIGHTS ARE EFFECTED

PLEASE NOTE NO PANDORA CONSOLE OR HANDHELD INCLUDED, JUST A 16GB SD CARD TO ENJOY ALL YOUR FAVOURITE GAMES

PLEASE CHECK MY SELLER FEEDBACK I HAVE SOLD THESE SORT OF ITEMS BEFORE WITH HAPPY CUSTUMERS AND KNOW WHAT I AM EXACTLY DOING WITH A DECENT FEEDBACK AND SERVICE FOR BUYERS

Have you recently purchased a pandora console , and dont know how to put games on or how to configure emulators and are not technical enough to put games and how to download stuff from the net, and dont know how to get all those freeware and shareware games like mame, neo geo scummvm, snes, ginge, megadrive, nes, ps1, n64 , amiga, c64, master system, nes, pc engine and various commercial games AND Homebrew games, aswell as top notch shooters like quake 1 and quake 3

we saw a gap in the market and demand for normal people that like playing games and devoted a service that feeds your gaming needs, WE ALSO FIX REPAIR UNITS

then this is just for you, a 16gb sd card to put games on, please message me for information

FOR MORE SPECIFIC INFO ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE BUYING HERE, AND REMEBER YOU ARE PURCHASING A SD CARD (16GB) AND NOT ANY CONSOLE OR HANDHELD

All our services come with step by step instructions on how to use the services and packs

Just donate, download and follow the instructions. The font size from the spoiler is the original.

this guys SD cards have been mentioned before, I think mainly on the fact it's pretty expensive.

good idea though, I like the idea of a more official/OPT approved SD card that was preloaded with decent apps, I'd buy one, would be another fund generator as you say.

could load it with all the apps/games from the rebirth competition for a start, then some other goodies

this guys SD cards have been mentioned before, I think mainly on the fact it's pretty expensive.

good idea though, I like the idea of a more official/OPT approved SD card that was preloaded with decent apps, I'd buy one, would be another fund generator as you say.

could load it with all the apps/games from the rebirth competition for a start, then some other goodies

Expense is more a matter of quantity than anything else. A 4gb card can be had retail for only like $4 these days, but populating them with custom apps and a custom label is probably where most of the cost would come into the picture. You can do it yourself, but it would take ages to complete.

Apart from that, I like the idea.

awesome, good stuff milkshake :) did I ever say how awesome you are? :D

could you perhaps turn this on by default, if there is no other donation option for that app?

(for existing maintainers without a donation option, and for new ones)

I can't imagine much of an objection to that.

do it for the children...! (who are still waiting for their pandoras)

I'm not one for forcing options on people, i think the default should be donate to noone and then allow the owner to freely choose this option to show donate to preorder fund button

rather because of the massive copyright infrigments - he is loading this cards with a lot of illegal roms

Back