Let's go - Help wanted :) (2012-10-01)

I suggest producing caps (baseball caps or some other type) with a silkscreened picture of the openpandora, plus the text "openpandora.org".

That way when I am sitting on the train using the pandora, and a potential customer walks by and sees me playing, they immediately know the website to visit without bothering to interrupt me.

I would prefer a cap since I generally want to wear different (warmer) clothes (jacket) while out and about. The cap goes with everything.

Of course shirts are good as well, but I would fanatically wear the cap.

:)

Eds already made pandora t-shirts I have one.Not sure if they are available at dragonbox yet but he said they would

Guess I will have to donate sooner or later to help early pre-orderers, well seeing as i have just donated an amiga cd tv to myself!Lol

Another payday, another donation.
Likewise... couldn't manage as much this time - got some potential expenses coming up - need to be a little careful but damn... need to get rid of this queue - in spite of the grumpy boots that march around from time to time and kill morale.

Yah those infamous grumpy boots always grumping around, causing everyone frustration. It's like occupiers in a foreign country! Boy will we be glad when the last of them leave. It's not like we actually get to donate because of them.

So what are we going to do about this "pre-order" situation? It's not feasible to expect that some 270,000 euros in donations alone will cover them. You're a community leader, what do you suggest we do? Some of us have spare time but not the funds to donate. Others have the funds and not the time. Still yet there are some that have money and the time.

For us that have the time do you have any suggestions as to what should be done to address the que? For those with the money would it be ok to donate to an advertising effort to increase sales and a subsequent reduction in que size? Maybe some of this money could be seed money for shirts and hats to be sold or something. Ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think just tell everyone you know about there not being a backlog for new orders. Push Pandora merch too - ED already has T-Shirts.

If you have time... try and diffuse the grumpy boots... It's likely a lost cause, they generally don't care for the current situation, the good of the community and just want their money back/Pandora right now! *stamp stamp*

As for me being a community leader... I think that's overstating my significance a little. lol.

If you have time... try and diffuse the grumpy boots... It's likely a lost cause, they generally don't care for the current situation, the good of the community and just want their money back/Pandora right now! *stamp stamp*
I would like to express what I'm thinking about this.

I'm afraid though that the things that made Prometheus leave have progressed too far already for my statement to be taken seriously, so I'm asking in advance: would you rather prefer an honest, as-is statement, or rather one that's coated in sugar?

I would like to express what I'm thinking about this.

I'm afraid though that the things that made Prometheus leave have progressed too far already for my statement to be taken seriously, so I'm asking in advance: would you rather prefer an honest, as-is statement, or rather one that's coated in sugar?

I'm being obiously flippant. You can say what you want! *shrugs*

EDIT: It should be noted that what I said was supposed to be a lighthearted way of saying to calm people down... They may very well have very specific reasons for wanting their refund, etc. It was not intended to belittle the situation. Apologies if anyone misunderstood my intentions here...

Are you guys happy with the current t-shirt?

In my opinion it would be better to have a bit more funny t-shirt designs and sell them for 25-30 EUR (including a 10 or 15 EUR donation for preorders). Don't get me wrong, the shirt in EDs shop is ok but not really something I would wear that often ...

Two quick drafts:

shirts.jpg

^ Add a burning delivery van or Icelandic volcano and you may be on to something.

I'm being obiously flippant. You can say what you want! *shrugs*

EDIT: It should be noted that what I said was supposed to be a lighthearted way of saying to calm people down... They may very well have very specific reasons for wanting their refund, etc. It was not intended to belittle the situation. Apologies if anyone misunderstood my intentions here...

I was just trying to avoid being unrigtfully labeled by anyone as "someone who doesn't understand anything" in an effort to "solve" problems.

What I was going to say is that I think moderators should /stop/ other people from discriminating customers who are asking for a refund, and not /encourage/ discrimination.

There will always be people who might understand what you've written in a way different from how it was actually meant. Of course moderators in particular always need to be very aware of that.

RGF lol, I think this could create some trouble with the cops... ;)

Back