Lcd Screen? That Is Too Old-Tech For What The Pandora Can Do.

Depending on how it's implemented, the touch functionality might have to go. If it's just a frame in front of the LCD and the two components are completely independent you can keep it. Otherwise you'll either need to find a compatible OLED with touch functionality or forfeit the touchscreen.

It's the resolution as well. 2x odd the iPhone's -- makes using a smaller screen feasible for web browsing and word processing. I'm sure the screen's fine. Of course if there was an OLED solution I'd go for it. But the cost would go up too undoubtedly. Lets just have aspirations for a Pandora 2 if the guys ever feel like going for it.

most feasible option is to treat the Pandora as you would your desktop PC.

just upgrade the PCB board (OMAP4 when there is enough demand) and keep the same PCB board specs.

no need for Pandora-2.

lasat thing you need is another 1-2 years wait for P2.

same with LCD screen, replace with OLED when it's cost effective to do so.

dpad, nubs and the rest will not need upgrade just replacing when bashed...

@orthicviper

ok, i need to apologize too, i just over reacted a bit, it is just these forums have too much Cr*p around these days.

next time try to rewrite ideas less flamely (thats for me too)
and everyone will be cool.

Maybe when OLED becomes affordable you guys can just make screens that we can plug into our existing units in place of the old LCDs. Or a mail-in program where you do it for the people too afraid to open them up.

I still don't understand why you would want a screen that deteriorates (according to what I've read) in a span of about five years. On the other hand, I've come to realize that most people don't expect their electronics to outlive them like I do. And yes, I am aware that that's a little ridiculous.

Back