Replacing The Screen With An Lcd Of The Same Size

MkidTrigun

Still Fresh
So my Wiz has gone and contracted the ever so dreaded Pixel Plague once again, and everyone who's experienced this has had the same song and dance about it: Contact an After Sales center/Contact the place that sold it to you, get it shipped off, get back a nice new Wiz hoping this never happens to you again.

Since this is my second time experiencing this, however, I've decided to take matters into my own hands, but I need some help with it.

I was wondering if it would be at all possible to, instead of getting another OLED screen, if getting an LCD of the same 240x320 2.8 inch size would be that much difficult to make it work with. Sure, the OLED looks absolutely beautiful, but I'd like something that'll last me more than a little over a year (which is what happened to this one...)

I'm assuming due to the screen being the same size that it wouldn't have any issues fitting inside the Wiz...

If anyone's had any experience doing this, or if you know something that I may be completely missing here, I'd like to know! Thanks!

Back