Justin Carter - Freedom of Speech

Honestly, makes me worry about taking vacations to the US :/
You and me both. I cancelled (didn't actually cancel, I just stopped trying so hard to get the time off) a vacation to Arizona last year that I had been looking forward to for fear that my robust tan and Filipino wife would have us stopped at every other street corner.

While I do love my country, I have a confession to make. I plan on living in Korea after college. (My dream job would be working for Samsung). I have been learning the language an culture in hopes to fit in just as a native would. I know my skin is a bit telling, but past that I hope to be fully immersed. So while I do stand up for my country, I guess Ive never been worried about the awful people in power simply because it wont affect me. Ill keep my citizenship, but not my residency

While I do love my country, I have a confession to make. I plan on living in Korea after college. (My dream job would be working for Samsung). I have been learning the language an culture in hopes to fit in just as a native would. I know my skin is a bit telling, but past that I hope to be fully immersed. So while I do stand up for my country, I guess Ive never been worried about the awful people in power simply because it wont affect me. Ill keep my citizenship, but not my residency
Good luck living in Korea as a foreigner. You'll need it.

This reminds me of another case. A couple took some pictures of their kids being cute in the bath and took them to be developed. The person running the pictures saw "naked babies!" and called the police for pedophilia. I never had a problem with the action of the photo person, when you see something suspicious the right course of action is to always report it. The proper authorities have the training to look for things that you and I don't. The police are called, they look at the pictures, talk to the family, realize that the pictures are entirely innocent baby pictures, and everyone goes back to their business. Instead what happened was the kids were taken away and the parents were indeed charged with pedophilia until after a long legal battle someone finally said "this is STUPID" and overturned the entire thing.
Do you still have the source?

LOL! Ill try and bond over Starcraft if I can.

But in all seriousness, why do you say that? I have several friends there that say anyone under 30 is totally OK with white people (unlike the over 30 crowd)

I take freedom to be too utopic a thing to exist in a society environment(including internet). Maybe if you are alone somewhere then you have some sort of freedom.

I would have some doubts if this case is actually serious or just a faked example to try reduce the million kids doing the same.

But paranoia aside...I think it is more probable that that kid will do as he said after 8 years unfairly in jail.

Beware forum users! I have a bomb on this thread! ;)

I'd like the following reaction:

Everyone on facebook, twitter, Google+ etc...

writes some "I'll go out and kill someone" message.

If the US police doesn't imprison everyone why should they have any right to imprison that one boy? :D

But in all seriousness, why do you say that? I have several friends there that say anyone under 30 is totally OK with white people (unlike the over 30 crowd)
It's well known koreans are hostile/racist towards foreigners. Maybe younger ones are different, but you'll see that a korean family would definitely refuse to wed their daughter to a foreign guy.

CHeck all koreans movies and dramas, there's always a bad guy who's a white guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the US police doesn't imprison everyone why should they have any right to imprison that one boy? :D
Ever gone fishing? Did you catch all the fish? :p To the point, arguing "if you can't catch them all what right do you have to catch just the one" is disingenuous, sometimes you just have to do your best and accept that you won't be able to stop everything.

No, there's more than enough wrong with the situation that we don't need to be using hyperbole to demonstrate it.

It's well known koreans are hostile/racist towards foreigners. Maybe younger ones are different, but you'll see that a korean family would definitely refuse to wed their daughter to a foreign guy.

CHeck all koreans movies and dramas, there's always a bad guy who's a white guy.
I can confirm that. We had half a dozen korean girls in my educational stage/grade and every one of them was plain racist.

They said openly, that they would NEVER marry someone who is not korean and after one of them actually found a korean guy, she always bragged about it.

It is absurd, that we Germans were right beside these and had to hear all the time, how racist we are in general. oÒ

Hmmm... shame. Well I still have lots of Korean friends and I know I could meet people the TTMiK. During college I hope to do intrenships there so if those dont go over well I wont move there permanently

yeah he totally deserves to spend 8 years of his life in prison because of what he said no doubt!  Oh these americans.....

^ lol xD

the big problem is "they" teach "them" propaganda istead of critical thinking all around the globe! Its an important aspect of democracy thats coming too short. No wonder, its a threat to governments, leaderships, religions (you certainly don't need someone to tell you how to believe to believe) and the status quo. Schools need to step up and start educating!

Some day I'll move to Alaska and buy a iosalated bigass chunk of forestland and shoot and light off fireworks and ride four wheeler and not worry bout crap like this. I will then finally be happy ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Some day I'll move to Alaska and buy a iosalated bigass chunk of forestland and shoot and light off fireworks and ride four wheeler and not worry bout crap like this. I will then finally be happy ...
cant say I see eye2eye with you on that one, buddy. I like big cities too much.

Pity about that, Korean girls are beautiful.  Wouldn't worry about it though, there's always rebels in every line of thinking ;)

Back